users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » COR in dynamis duo
COR in dynamis duo
 Fenrir.Deno
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: deno
By Fenrir.Deno 2012-12-15 09:54:28  
So i've started doing dynamis as COR with a THF, it's pretty nice. Can kill the DC's very quickly with WF>Rudra SC and always have TP due to Tactician's. I was wondering what people would use for the 2nd roll though? Just been using Blitzer's which is fairly nice but i'm guessing something will beat it...
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-15 09:56:31  
Chaos roll, and would use Last Stand or even Exenterator over WF, many things in there resist magic.
 Asura.Werdxi
サーバ: Asura
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2012-12-15 09:59:54  
i think he does it for the sc. which may parse higher.
 Fenrir.Deno
By Fenrir.Deno 2012-12-15 10:04:01  
Yeah i tossed up a chaos once but all eyeballing did was make me /sulk at swinging slower :( will go for that tomorrow i guess. Yeah the 150ish fire shots make me cry a bit, but WF still does ok (Like 1300-1900) and since it's mostly used for SC it's not such a big issue.

(I just don't wana be firing expensive bullets for Last Stand, and don't wana merit Exten T.T)

Thanks!
 Bismarck.Phetty
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2012-12-15 10:13:44  
My friend was doing dyna on cor and was telling me Leaden Salute was doing more then Wildfire. Might be worth checking out if you're going to be doing a lot of dyna on cor, and don't want to buy expensive ammo.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-15 10:15:12  
Maybe, but he's right about the skillchain, can do some impressive darkness with Wildfire.
By Aeyela 2012-12-15 10:15:39  
Bismarck.Phetty said: »
My friend was doing dyna on cor and was telling me Leaden Salute was doing more then Wildfire. Might be worth checking out if you're going to be doing a lot of dyna on cor, and don't want to buy expensive ammo.

I don't believe that... Even with weather modification that just seems wrong. Not to mention Wildfire gives you Aftermath, Leaden Salute doesn't. I'd want to see gear sets for the Weapon Skill damage though before I could agree with this. :-)
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-15 10:27:27  
Aftermath is useless if you're meleeing.
 Bismarck.Phetty
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2012-12-15 10:27:40  
Aftermath only matters if he's shooting for tp and it sounds like op is using daggers. I'm not entirely sure what ws set my friend was using, but I'd guess it was his wildfire gear with dark obi seeing as they're both agi modded magical ws.
By Aeyela 2012-12-15 10:28:16  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Aftermath is useless if you're meleeing.

But even without accounting for aftermath, there's no way Leaden Salute should beat Wildfire. The double weather bonus doesn't make that much of a difference.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-15 10:30:48  
Leaden uses the same gear as WF minus the obi which is different, and the Archon Ring.
By Aeyela 2012-12-15 10:34:00  
Wildfire's AGI modifier is 60% and the damage modifier on TP is 5.5% @ 100 TP. By comparison, Leaden Salute's AGI mod is only 30% and @ 300 TP it's only 4.75%, 4% @ 100 TP. What I'm saying is Wildfire is directly a more powerful weapon skill by default, before you add on the modifiers. With the same gear sets Wildfire should be stronger; and from my experience double weather with the Obi will not make that big a difference to make the gap up on Wildfire.

Also worth including the bonus damage from Fire Shot pre-Wildfire since that should easily add 300-400 on top of Wildfire, sometimes 2-3 times that amount if Aftermath is up from a previous Wildfire. Leaden Salute gives no extra damage from pre-shots so it's just the weapon skill damage, compared to Wildfire + Potentially superpower Fire Shot.
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-12-15 11:02:14  
Augmented af2+2 tricorne+chaos roll is pure sex, accept no substitute.

Even with the best ammo+last stand, 5/5 exenterator spam with a red currybun will put up much better numbers and its cheaper (you are doing dynamis to make money right?, not shoot it out the barrel of a gun).

Melee cor shines much brighter against easy prey than DC, much easier to ws for 2-3k and not need to wait on a sc partner like you do with DC mobs.

Leaden salute is garbage in dynamis even when you stack the hell out of mab gear for it. You'd think the eternal double darkness weather in the zone would help, nope.

Wildfire also sucks in dynamis, i'd only use it if I wanted to be out of maelstrom range on DC krakens or something.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-15 11:04:23  
No reason to compete for crowded easy preys when you're duo. Dc are more than fine.
By Aeyela 2012-12-15 11:07:08  
I preferred your old avatar, Sapphire. =(
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-12-15 11:10:38  
If you are going to do dynamis with any regularity on COR, I will say you'd be crazy to not remerit for exenterator though, its that good, both EP + DC.

Aeyela: '~'
 Fenrir.Deno
By Fenrir.Deno 2012-12-15 11:27:02  
Well thanks for the suggestions.

We tend to hit DC Snolls and Kraken, then switch to EP for tigers/diremites/whateverisn'tovercamped. Krakens are where we stick to the SC, as they take too long to kill otherwise and the AoE isn't fun. Maybe i can consider getting rid of requi for exen, as it probably would offer a nice boost to damage when fighting snolls/tigers where it's a bit more or a FFA on WS', plus i tend to hold a quick draw charge to light shot any snolls that try and blow up at a bad time which makes WF a little crapper.
By Aeyela 2012-12-15 11:29:39  
Looking at your jobs, have you tried BLU + THF? That's a very badass Dyna farming combo!
 Fenrir.Deno
By Fenrir.Deno 2012-12-15 11:39:28  
Yeah i used to run BLU + THF on EP's (things just kept going wrong on DC's...) and we averaged around 370 a run, so far on COR + THF we've been taking a little more than that, though might be purely because of doing DC's instead. (magic aggro on snolls pisses me off too...)

Plus we've been doing dynamis for a long time, just trying to give myself more options to make it a little more interesting. My poor brother is stuck on THF though bless him :(
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-12-15 12:12:13  
What dagger is recommended for cor melee? Lux/Corus?
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-12-15 12:13:23  
I usually go with Aluh/Corus
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-15 12:15:33  
Aluh/Sagasinger would be probably ideal. Otherwise Coruscanti or Sanus. If you don't have any of that, then Lux yes.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-15 12:31:24  
Fenrir.Deno said: »
Yeah i used to run BLU + THF on EP's (things just kept going wrong on DC's...) and we averaged around 370 a run, so far on COR + THF we've been taking a little more than that, though might be purely because of doing DC's instead. (magic aggro on snolls pisses me off too...)

Plus we've been doing dynamis for a long time, just trying to give myself more options to make it a little more interesting. My poor brother is stuck on THF though bless him :(
Get his COR (or w/e), and your THF, to the point of being useful so you two can alternate. If he really is sick of it then that would be the best alternative.
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-12-15 12:40:15  
I saw a COR soloing DCs in Valk one time-- it was pretty impressive. I guess he was doing trials or something though because I never saw him again.
 Fenrir.Deno
By Fenrir.Deno 2012-12-15 12:41:09  
Then i'd have to lvl and gear THF which i don't really fancy doing :x I don't think he really minds too much tbh lol

And somebody get me a Sagasinger, looks fun for PLD in PvP too >:O
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-12-15 13:02:57  
Coru or Aluh + oynos you sirry people.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-15 13:03:47  
Forgot about Oynos.
By Aeyela 2012-12-15 13:05:05  
Fenrir.Deno said: »
Then i'd have to lvl and gear THF which i don't really fancy doing :x I don't think he really minds too much tbh lol

And somebody get me a Sagasinger, looks fun for PLD in PvP too >:O

I levelled Thief especially for Dynamis and I haven't looked back. It's actually a very fun and enjoyable job.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-12-15 13:10:49  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Forgot about Oynos.

Yeah def this. I always have Oynos with cor or dnc in dynamis, but i completely forgot to add that.