Recent Forum Posts - Server Sub Forum Specific

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Recent Forum Posts - Server Sub Forum Specific
Recent Forum Posts - Server Sub Forum Specific
 Carbuncle.Chibiclone
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Chibiclone 2012-12-15 05:10:34  
I recently had a thought, dunno if it's even possible, or if it would be desirable, but...
What if in addition to the Recent Forum posts on the main page there was also a section for Recent Forum Posts for the server you currently have set. I'm sure most server sub forum posts get pretty quickly knocked off the main page, and for some servers there may not be a whole lot of conversation in them to begin with (cough, Carbuncle, cough). So it might be nice to have them there on the home page so you don't have to periodically check the sub forum on the rare off chance something that interests you might have missed your attention on the home page.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Meowzer
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Meowzer
By Phoenix.Meowzer 2013-01-24 03:34:36  
In addition to changes regarding server sub-forums, it would be nice to restrict server threads to those with registered characters on that server only. (i.e. Phoenix.Meowzer could not post in other server threads besides Phoenix).

I understand some threads (i.e. Urtiel's challenge) would benefit from cross-server posting, but those could be put in FFXI General instead. If restrictions were to be placed, it would help reduce the amount of useless posts, flaming, etc. in general. It has a handful of cons to challenge the pros, but I feel that it would not be a terrible idea overall, and might take a bit of weight off of moderation's shoulders.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-01-24 03:37:38  
I think it benefits everyone keeping server forums public for all members. I understand why you want it, but I think it would prevent a lot of conversation and that isn't a good thing.
 Shiva.Arana
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-01-24 03:43:08  
Phoenix.Meowzer said: »
Brilliant, next we can lock out people who don't have certain jobs leveled from posting in the jobs forums as well...
 Phoenix.Meowzer
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Meowzer
By Phoenix.Meowzer 2013-01-24 03:46:16  
Shiva.Arana said: »
Brilliant, next we can lock out people who don't have certain jobs leveled from posting in the jobs forums as well...
Jobs are different. You can do the mathematics for damage, weapon skills, elemental magic, etc. as well as math out optimum gearsets and post answers to questions about the job that people are too lazy to Google for there, without actually having to play that job.
 Shiva.Arana
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-01-24 03:48:21  
Shiva.Arana said: »
Jobs are different. You can do the mathematics for damage, weapon skills, elemental magic, etc. as well as math out optimum gearsets and post answers to questions about the job that people are too lazy to Google for there, without actually having to play that job.
I'm not sure what's worse the idea of locking people out of a forum sub section or the fact you took my post seriously.