Spellcast + Resource "Trigger*"

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Spellcast Scripting » Other » Spellcast + Resource "Trigger*"
Spellcast + Resource "Trigger*"
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-11-28 08:34:51  
I was looking to add a few dummy triggers to my Resources file so I can use a handful of triggers consistently (for some reason, half the time I try to use NPC JA's, like Dancing Chains, some of them don't work), so I opened my Spells resource file, but before editing it I found this:
Code xml
<s id="10000" index="10000" prefix="/trigger" english="Trigger0" german="Trigger0" french="Trigger0" japanese="Trigger0" type="trigger" element="trigger" targets="Self" skill="trigger" mpcost="0" casttime="0" recast="0" alias="" />

There's 100 of them, ranging from 0-99. I've tried using one in my WHM spellcast, a simple <addtochat> line to see if they work and they seemingly do. Do they have any specific use outside being dummies that mean I shouldn't be using them for triggers? Or am I free to do with as I wish? :D

In the middle of re-writing a few Spellcasts and having a handful of reliable triggers like this would be perfect for me!

EDIT: The reason I ask is because there's a lot of things below them, that look like they actually may be Spellcast triggers for miscellaneous events and such.
 Diabolos.Yugl
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2012-11-28 08:48:00  
No, they were specifically added for that purpose. You should see stuff such as CombatCycle and CombatTrigger in addition to the ones posted. Those were added for cycling through modes primarily. I think only Motenten's XMLs have upgraded to those triggers atm. I planned on doing them after their addition, but have been too lazy with XMLs to do so.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-11-28 09:06:33  
Awesome! Much appreciated Yugl! :D

I noticed the other ones below that too, I doubt I'll end up dabbling with those though while I haven't been keeping up-to-date on Spellcast releases/notes, so I don't want to play around too much with things I don't understand.