Best Route For Chloris?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Best Route for Chloris?
Best Route for Chloris?
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2012-11-20 03:07:58  
Was wondering what would be the quickest route to farm Chloris pops for a dual boxer, targeting each individual KI or just gold chest farming?

I was either going to do it long and slow with NIN + WHM for all the KIs, or WAR + WHM to Fell Cleave a bunch of non-rubying mobs (what someone recommended to me). What would be my best option?
 Ragnarok.Loughry
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Loughry
By Ragnarok.Loughry 2012-11-20 03:17:15  
The route you should take is buy all the pop items from the AH route. Gold Box farming is not efficient with only two characters. Many Key Items will be lost. Personally, I never liked gold box farming anyways because of the randomness.

If you can somehow get another dual boxer to help you, you could do all 50 buds in about 9 hours via buying all the pop items.

Tip: You may need to well stock on pop items ahead of time via sending them to your delivery box.

Edit: With 4 characters (WHM WAR NIN BRD), can go in with all the pop items, pop NMs inbetween claiming Chukwa, and kill the 4 Chloris in about an hour. Hopefully your NIN can change to THF for Chloris and your WAR hopefully has Ukon. Chloris dies in like 30sec with Retaliation+Marches. It won't even do the Doom TP move.

Chukwa > 2 Scorps > Chukwa > 2 Scorps > Chukwa > 2 Hecteyes > Chukwa > 2 Hecteyes > 4 Bats > 4 Chloris > Warp + Repeat
 Phoenix.Purpleeyes
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Purpleeyes 2012-11-20 03:19:23  
I think FC would be the more time consuming route. I would just do it on NIN and WHM.
 Asura.Escorian
サーバ: Asura
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2012-11-20 04:18:09  
My Linkshell plans on doing a charged whisker fc for the pop items.
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-20 04:34:15  
With two I would just kill the individual nm's as has been suggested. Buy the highest level pop item you can. Spending the extra money to skip the lower tier nm's is worth it.
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2012-11-20 05:34:57  
Farm, pop n' proc
Was the fastest route for me
 Cerberus.Mindi
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-11-20 05:43:15  
If you go NIN/WAR + WHM/THF (the WHM best has TH Atma and TH Sash) you dont even need to leave the zone. You save time searching for a THF or changing job everytime you kill Chloris or want to farm PI
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-11-20 06:16:27  
Cerberus.Mindi said: »
If you go NIN/WAR + WHM/THF (the WHM best has TH Atma and TH Sash) you dont even need to leave the zone. You save time searching for a THF or changing job everytime you kill Chloris or want to farm PI

I usually do this when I farm stuff like this, and it's way faster than changing to thf every time I've farmed up KIs.
 Asura.Aineko
サーバ: Asura
user: Aineko
By Asura.Aineko 2012-11-20 06:50:39  
The only time when gold box farming is efficient is if you have a large number of characters, and even then you're likely to want to target individual mobs on the side. For instance, I had an empyrean static which included 5 dual-boxers and 2 single-boxers. We also managed to level a lot of alt jobs on the side using this method, and 2 people managed to get a Maat's cap. With just one or two dual-boxers, this would be far less efficient.

Also, if you insist on boxes, instead of Fell Cleave use Cataclysm. With the right Atmas/Gear, you can get Cataclysm to do about 2k or so. In Tahrongi, you're likely to need 2-3 to kill things, vs 1-2 for FC, but you lose the randomness factor and you can't miss with it. Plus, if you happen to be unable to get a camp that doesn't have ruby, this option can be a good alternative.

Of course, another box farm option would be to go on BLU and use Charged Whisker, but seeing as you don't have that job leveled, it'd be more trouble to get your BLU into decent shape than it would be to simply plow your way through using any other option.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2012-11-21 08:25:28  
Thanks for the suggestions all, I guess I'll go the NM route until my friends who need Glavoid are down to amber. Does anyone have that diagram for all the Chloris NMs and the pop items? I saw it on this forum but can't find it now.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2012-11-21 08:51:18  
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Abyssea
[+]
By Ravenn42 2012-12-01 09:08:01  
I'm a bit late to the party but I wanted to chime in. If it is not a money/time is not a issue than buying pop sets would be more efficient but can still take a long time. Right now on my server a pop set costs 300k on the AH. So let's say you get 2 buds most the time so 30 kills is what you need. 8.7 mil is what the sets cost... making 2 to 3 sets will take around 2 hours than you will need to restone. 1 hour a pop set is a bit 2 effiecient and not realistic... unless the zone is clear and have 100 percent focus.

I prefer to CW and if you have 3 ppl to me it's a no brainer. I did ukon with me and my mule and still prefer it to nms. I was broke when I started this so paying 8mil or more was crazy 4 me.

I like blue mage as best cleave because he can get all lights and I never have to rely on temp items/2 hour.. having sleep spell helps for macro mishaps lol. I like to burn the cats. I make pop sets in 2 to 4 hours for both glavoid and chloris, plus merits curor and around 500k it gil selling augmented items. I just finished my twash and I sold all my Glavoid pop sets along the way 400k per shell... so I also made 20mil

Conclusion
Buy pop sets spend 8.7 mil but finish a little faster
Or
Cw burn and make 20mil selling glavoids get xp curor and gil from Aug items....

Now if you still want to do pop sets it says time is your main concern and you don't care for gil.... so why don't you just find a mercenary?