New Items
users online
Shouts
 Bismarck.Chasuro
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2012-10-23 13:59:30  
I like the new shouts feature. If it isn't too difficult, I think it would be cool to have a time stamp for each shout. Thanks!
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2012-10-23 14:34:28  
I removed the timestamps on purpose for smaller screen sizes. The front page shouts it just meant to be a snapshot of the latest shouts. If you want a better view, check out http://www.ffxiah.com/shouts or click "view more" on the front page. Shouts on that page include a timestamp and it's automatically updated. Plus the font is bigger :-)
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-11-02 11:56:38  
Idk if this is a viable idea or not, but it would be really cool, for curiousity's sake if nothing else, to have goole translate or something rigged through the shout feature. to show NA users what the JP are saying & vice versa (not that they'd prolly care).

Like I said I have zero idea on if this idea is even feasible, ect. so please forgive me if it sounds stupid.

OK
 Bismarck.Persimonious
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Persimonious 2012-11-02 12:11:41  
Siren.Mosin said: »
Idk if this is a viable idea or not, but it would be really cool, for curiousity's sake if nothing else, to have goole translate or something rigged through the shout feature. to show NA users what the JP are saying & vice versa (not that they'd prolly care).

Like I said I have zero idea on if this idea is even feasible, ect. so please forgive me if it sounds stupid.

OK

Well you can copy and paste from the shout page into Google Translate.

It's more steps than what you're suggesting but it works. :)
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-11-02 12:12:40  
Bismarck.Persimonious said: »
Idk if this is a viable idea or not, but it would be really cool, for curiousity's sake if nothing else, to have goole translate or something rigged through the shout feature. to show NA users what the JP are saying & vice versa (not that they'd prolly care). Like I said I have zero idea on if this idea is even feasible, ect. so please forgive me if it sounds stupid. OK
Well you can copy and paste from the shout page into Google Translate. It's more steps than what you're suggesting but it works. :)

well I had heard someone mention that, & was wondering if it was possible to eliminate the middleman, I guess.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2012-11-02 12:50:08  
/shout Hello!
 Cerberus.Commandervimes
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Commandervimes 2012-11-02 12:57:23  
on chrome, just right click and translate page (may need to set language as Japanese to English). no need to copy/paste
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-02 13:09:54  
Is there a way to /blist / filter certain people out of the shouts?

It irks me that people I have blacklisted in game have their spam showing up in your shouts page and I have no apparent means to filter that (The typical fellcleave RMT crap shouts)
By Clonemaster 2012-11-17 20:21:27  
Bismarck.Persimonious said: »
Idk if this is a viable idea or not, but it would be really cool, for curiousity's sake if nothing else, to have goole translate or something rigged through the shout feature. to show NA users what the JP are saying & vice versa (not that they'd prolly care). Like I said I have zero idea on if this idea is even feasible, ect. so please forgive me if it sounds stupid. OK
Well you can copy and paste from the shout page into Google Translate. It's more steps than what you're suggesting but it works. :)

well I had heard someone mention that, & was wondering if it was possible to eliminate the middleman, I guess.

If you're using firefox, there's an addon called gTranslate which adds google translate to your right click menu. Just select the text to translate, right click, and there it is... though it does seem to do a poorer job than google translate.