フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Isgebind + WF + Brew
Isgebind + WF + Brew
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Antonaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2012-10-19 07:31:25  
Hi, i got my Arma to 85 a while ago and have decided to finally get the next stage done. Question is, has anyone brewed Isgebind with WF? Im curious as to wether i would be better off doing this or using THF and AOEing 3 at a time.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-10-19 07:33:40  
While I havn't I promise you Brew + WF = win. Screenshots of people one shotting Shinryu this way. It is in a whole other ballpark than Aoelian Edge for brewing. With the exception of anything that resists/absorbs fire.
[+]
 Leviathan.Booklopedia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: EjinXI
By Leviathan.Booklopedia 2012-10-19 07:38:13  
You can do Brew + WF and just lock your brew on a box until you pop another Isgebind.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-10-19 07:41:55  
You'll want to gather as many friends as possible and build pops. You can likely get through 6+ (at least) per brew assuming you lock appropriately.
 Sylph.Citrelautame
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2012-10-19 07:43:20  
Do NOT use AE on Isgebind, you'll never kill it b4 brew wears off he almost completly resists it (that was with a full mab/int set on thf/rdm) i never broke 1k damage on him, ended up switching to evis, hopefully WF doesnt get resisted but this is one NM that AE killing 3 wont work on. Also...he is very very easy to kill im surprised ure gonna brew, im at 28 hearts from sch/rdm+thf/war duo he's killed me a few times from back to back high teir spells but its rare
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-10-19 07:44:20  
On my first attempt when I wasn't quite that snappy on hitting the ???s I dropped 5 of them easily and just about killed a 6th. Just make sure you stand on a ??? and they never pop that one, you can hold your brew forever while the other spawns repop.
 Cerberus.Funond
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Funond
By Cerberus.Funond 2012-10-19 07:44:38  
isgbind a pretty easy solo or duo but if you do want to brew wf will pwn ae by a long shot on this dragon (ice based so wind magic takes a hit)
griffon claw, smoldering sky, lone wolf, ascetics, /blm, cpl 11's and line up a few friends and you should be able to put down 10-11 or so on one brew
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-10-19 07:46:00  
Aye. Aeolian Edge is definitely NOT the way to go with him. Ice-based mob and all.

It's not a hard mob to kill, but brewing is certainly faster if you can find people who already have pops among your ls mates. I wouldn't brew ALL of them, but if you can at least take a polel and find more than six or so people who already have the KI, I'd drop a brew on it.

Not like cruor is hard to come by these days.
 Siren.Eclipstic
user: eclipstic
By Siren.Eclipstic 2012-10-19 07:54:54  
forgive me if i'm having a noob moment, but wtf is WF? not seeing any dagger ws w/ that fits that...
 Bahamut.Megrim
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Megrim
By Bahamut.Megrim 2012-10-19 07:57:35  
Siren.Eclipstic said: »
forgive me if i'm having a noob moment, but wtf is WF? not seeing any dagger ws w/ that fits that...

he's talking about WIldFire.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-10-19 08:05:49  
Quote:
griffon claw, smoldering sky, lone wolf,

Not 100% sure, but straight MAB atmas might be better than Lone Wolf/Smoldering Sky.

I'd look at Ultimate/Hell's Guardian/Griffon Claw. But definitely use Griffon Claw and be using an elemental staff when you do. Obi/Windy Ring too, if you can get a SCH to firestorm you.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-10-19 08:16:38  
If you don't bring a sch friend then sub sch to firestorm yourself, then use all kind of affinity gear you have and ws dmg+ if you have it, mab in slots where you don't have those stats.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-10-19 08:24:11  
Only 60k hp, I think it should be one-shottable, as long as it doesn't start casting.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-10-19 08:26:46  
Sylph.Stylesz said: »
While were on the subject of brews with wf how many glavoids could i knock out with one brew ?

Due to its pop position with the little worms around/etc., and given it loves to cast immediately upon popping, it's going to be a mob that would be a real pain in the *** to brew a lot of at once. Holding your brew on a ??? and making sure you don't heal it will eat precious seconds.
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2012-10-19 08:27:09  
I brewed some Isgebinds on RNG with 85 Armageddon a little bit back, completely unprepared.
My atmas weren't set up for proper brewing, and still landed like 25K-30K Wildfires on RNG/SAM.
We popped 2 and was able to take both down with a minute to spare on brew timer
(this is without locking myself on a chest. As i mentioned, not prepared to do so. Was done on a whim)

Anyways...
It's fairly easy if you get a few friends to hold KI's.
Set yourself up with proper atmas and you should be doing well over what I was.
Lock yourself on a "???" in between pops and hit it each pop with bounty shot before killing. Should be able to get like... 4-5 in the span of one brew.

Out of both Isgebind I did that day, got 2 hearts each kill.

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Quote:
griffon claw, smoldering sky, lone wolf,

Not 100% sure, but straight MAB atmas might be better than Lone Wolf/Smoldering Sky.

You get better returns from Lone Wolf/Hells Guardian/Ultimate
(At least I do)
 Leviathan.Webjester
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2012-10-19 08:34:43  
You'll want to gather as many friends as possible and build pops. You can likely get through 6+ per brew assuming you lock appropriately (more with practice).

This is pretty much on the money. We farmed Epona rings this way a while back. Some considerations:

You'll be locked at the conflux. Turn on Blockaid just in case you have jackasses around curing you out of brew lock.

Make sure your friends know that they need to pull it all the way into the alley so you don't have to move from the conflux. I don't recall if when we helped my buddy brew his hearts if he had to fireshot > wildfire > wildfire, or if it was dropping on the first wildfire. You'll have to experiment.

While you're locked on the conflux, you cannot lot/pass loot. You may want to have someone with party/alliance lead toggle you as QM before the fight to make sure the hearts sort directly to you. Then back to lottery while building time/etc.

Brewing this guy is a fast way to knock it out, but he can just as easily be taken down MNK THF WHM without the need to burn through your cruor reserves.

Good luck, and enjoy your upgraded Doom Gun!
 Leviathan.Webjester
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2012-10-19 08:38:36  
Sylph.Stylesz said: »
While were on the subject of brews with wf how many glavoids could i knock out with one brew ?

It depends on how you approach it.

If you're doing it solo, not very many (casting spells at pop as previously mentioned). If you have a WAR NIN WHM with you, quite a few.

Essentially you'd pop it, drag it back to the general vicinity of the martello, have the WAR / NIN proc red, then WF it down, and relock on the martello.
[+]
 Asura.Aikchan
サーバ: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2012-10-19 08:45:24  
Why brew him? If you can get that many ppl to hold pop just take him down...
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-10-19 08:50:34  
Asura.Aikchan said: »

Because people's time is valuable and if they all have a pop sitting around, they hop in, a few minutes of prep, two minutes of brew, they're done.

I know from the other side of this, if I have a KI on me and an ls mate needs me for 10 minutes to pop it so it can be brewed and I can leave, I'm all in. If he needs me for an hour+...not so much.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Antonaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2012-10-19 09:24:19  
Thanks for all the replies.

I have a tone of cruor, i dont need the gil right now so i figure i will use it to finish my gun to 90 the fast way. i dont have people that are willing to spend hours farming just for me so i will do it the most efficient way just to get it done.
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2012-10-19 09:25:40  

Because no one wants to fight hours for 75 Hearts and the KI's required when you can just Brew-And-Go and cut your time spent fighting a pointless and annoying mob that doesn't even drop +2 items :(
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-19 09:28:42  
Let's say you can get 6 people there, and they can stay for 30min or so, you can kill all 6 without a brew in that time, just a heads up!
With my far-from-pimp NIN or THF it takes below 10min to kill, so if you just add a proper DD on there, that would probably cut that time well over half, 3 people on it would probably mean 1-2min kills for sure.
Just so you're aware!
I more or less just finished this trial in 3 chill days as WHM\THF + NIN\WAR, and at times I sure did wish I had just brewed them though :P
But Kur respawn is 10min anyways, and killing isgebind between the pops was a perfect fit, so.. yeah..
 Fenrir.Curty
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-10-19 09:29:51  
Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu said: »
Thanks for all the replies.

I have a tone of cruor, i dont need the gil right now so i figure i will use it to finish my gun to 90 the fast way. i dont have people that are willing to spend hours farming just for me so i will do it the most efficient way just to get it done.

Just FYI, SCH + Embravaed DD takes him down in under 2 minutes. Embrava + 2 DDs that can SC kills in less than 30 seconds. Brewing really doesnt save much time.

I've merced quite a few isgebinds and the set up we use is NIN/WAR SCH/RDM. Red Kur as he pops and Aeolian Edge cleave during downtime. We average 75 hearts in 6 hours.
 Siren.Mithradee
user: Mithradee
By Siren.Mithradee 2012-10-19 09:46:45  
I thought about doing this when I took arma to 90 but found it is just as easy to kill him with mnk and whm. Usually keep ahead of Kur pops so was kill kur > pop > reap rewards > repeat. In case you would rather save that crour for more gils. It is also how I am doing Drag atm. Took me roughly 2 days to do isge so still not bad with only 2 people.

Edit: I was also gold box farming/time farming in between pops/kills which helped speed it up.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-10-19 09:51:30  
Quote:
It is also how I am doing Drag atm.

I actually find Dragua easier than Isgebind just because he drops his own fana powders and you can just power through. No annoying paralyze and what have you.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-10-19 09:57:08  
Glavoid has a nasty habit of 2hring and negating your damage for the duration of his SP due to his mechanics.
 Asura.Aikchan
サーバ: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2012-10-19 09:58:49  
Siren.Kuz said: »

Because no one wants to fight hours for 75 Hearts and the KI's required when you can just Brew-And-Go and cut your time spent fighting a pointless and annoying mob that doesn't even drop +2 items :(

Fight hours? sure you havent done him in a while.... 1min av. killing it. with 3 DDs (thf, mnk, nin) Brew... 15 sec? will have to wait for ??? to repop.

And like Curty said.. embrava,

The point is, if he is getting 5+ ppl to hold PI.. unless they are useless... is as fast to just beat him down than using brew, and I suppose having a main thf is better than a cor/thf
 Siren.Mithradee
user: Mithradee
By Siren.Mithradee 2012-10-19 09:59:31  
Quote:

I actually find Dragua easier than Isgebind just because he drops his own fana powders and you can just power through. No annoying paralyze and what have you.

I have only been paralyzed a couple times. Only use the fana if my whm gets petri. Does not happen often but is nice to have when it does.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-10-19 10:05:08  
Siren.Mithradee said: »
Quote:
I have only been paralyzed a couple times. Only use the fana if my whm gets petri. Does not happen often but is nice to have when it does.

Then you're being unecessarily masochistic because he's going to drop the fana powder either way when you kill him.
First Page 2