users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » ffxiah shout notification
ffxiah shout notification
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2012-09-13 09:33:18  
I was wondering if there was any way to set up a notification system for keywords from the shout screen. Something that would notify of things like voidwatch shout , mission , and people requesting crafter among others. Either have it display in chat through guildwork or some other easily monitored way without having to constantly check the shout page. Make it so can set filters to only notify of certain things to keep from getting spammed by it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Hitetsu 2012-09-13 09:45:10  
Spellcast doesn't monitor your chat log. It only watches outgoing commands.

I believe what Heimdall is looking for would be an extension of say, the AH sales feature (I believe GW will alert you somehow if you sell something on the AH). You tell GW to watch for "Botulous-Rex" and whenever that phrase pops up in a Jeuno shout, he'll get an echo "KinZoku just shouted: Church of Botulous-Rex, now recruiting!"
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-09-13 09:47:41  
Adding a filter to guildworks shout code wouldn't be terribly hard, but that's something the people who develop the plugin would need to do. While it'd be possible to write an app to directly monitor the xiah page, it's significantly more work to do it in that manner and may be unwanted for bandwidth reasons provided enough people use it(unlikely, but still something that you should always check before making an application that interacts with a website you support).
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2012-09-13 10:08:05  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Adding a filter to guildworks shout code wouldn't be terribly hard, but that's something the people who develop the plugin would need to do. While it'd be possible to write an app to directly monitor the xiah page, it's significantly more work to do it in that manner and may be unwanted for bandwidth reasons provided enough people use it(unlikely, but still something that you should always check before making an application that interacts with a website you support).

Ya I kind of figured it be impractical to monitor the shout page itself. But there has be a way to do it, just the fact that ffah is able display the shouts as they come in lends toward it being possible. Maybe even just a onscreen pop up in the corner that just displays the key words like synergy , voidwatch, nm name, missions, and so on so people then know to come to ffah to check the shouts themselves.
By Heimdel 2012-09-13 10:25:57  
Oh I guess it would also need a time delay so it doesn't keep displaying the same shout every couple second from say someone build a voidwatch party.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-09-13 10:48:10  
FFAH displays it by having a character monitor it or making a composite from guildwork plugins, not sure which.

You cannot monitor it yourself unless you actually have a character there, so you're talking about interfacing with their stuff, which is up to them.

It wouldn't be terribly hard to add a way to filter shouts through guildwork premium though, so it's possible they'll see your suggestion and add it.
By Heimdel 2012-09-13 13:26:25  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
FFAH displays it by having a character monitor it or making a composite from guildwork plugins, not sure which.

You cannot monitor it yourself unless you actually have a character there, so you're talking about interfacing with their stuff, which is up to them.

It wouldn't be terribly hard to add a way to filter shouts through guildwork premium though, so it's possible they'll see your suggestion and add it.

If I remember right they specifically said they didn't collect data by having a in game character but some other unspecified means.
 Bahamut.Tesla
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Transam
By Bahamut.Tesla 2012-10-10 05:26:58  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
there is probably a rule for
/if term "voidwatch" "CoP" "Chains of Promethia" echo <Call19> or something yeah but I don't use spellcast

someone will know

Currently, the only windower plugin that can monitor the in-game chat log and react with a given command once certain text is found is Autoexec. You had the right idea and a lot of people get the capabilities of Spellcast and Autoexec confused anyway.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-10-10 07:28:50  
You're being talked about.