users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Primary Suppliers
Primary Suppliers
 Sylph.Oprime
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Oprime
By Sylph.Oprime 2008-05-10 11:55:30  
I think it would be cool to have a feature that would show who mostly sells an item. Would be nice to use as just a reference incase none are up but the person is online.
For example I've been putting up a bunch of ccb pumps and avatar bloods. Since some times I forget to put up my supply. People would just /tell me if they need some instead of waiting for me to put it up.
To keep it from becoming a monopoly, might be good to put up top 3~5 suppliers. Hmm, now that I think about it. Would something like this use a lot of cpu power from sorting all the DB entries?
 Garuda.Littledarc
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-05-10 16:36:33  
couldn't you just look at the price history and check that yourself? why make a menu for it and clutter up the site. just my 2 cents.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-05-10 20:18:04  
Oprime, why not use the Bazaar ability we already have? That way people who are specifically looking for it can see it in your Bazaar^^
 Leviathan.Cymmina
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2008-05-11 08:16:06  
Not everyone who is a "primary supplier" uses this site. Bazaaring is a solution for the OP, but not for everyone.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2008-05-11 13:30:24  
I'd have to side with Littledarc. When something is out of stock, and I see a person selling a bunch of it in the price history I usually go searching for them. However, it rarely works for me, and I'd have to think posting a 'top sellers' list wouldn't work all that much better. Seams people are either Afk in this game or doing something important. On the other hand the bazaar and PM function of this site have worked fairly well.

A possible solution might be to extend the time limit on bazaar goods. However, I notice you don't currently have any listings in your bazaar, and I would think a 1 month time span to be sufficient opportunity to sell an item. Plus if you were interested in selling I would think you'd be visiting the site quite often to check your messages. Those visits would give you time to extent your bazaar if need be.