users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Gold Chest Farming
Gold Chest Farming
 Bahamut.Celerez
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: celerez
By Bahamut.Celerez 2012-08-14 18:09:59  
<All Right!> so I am on day 5 now of gold chest farming for BST feet in Mis. Coast[A]... I've burned a mountain of stones... gotten so many RNG/BRD/PLD/DRK feet that I am convinced SE is just trying to say "F**K BST PLAY THESE JOBS INSTEAD!"

So the point of this thread? Well I am tired of solo burning 7 stones a night farming lights and chest solo on THF... (building 80 Amber, then capping pearl) so I'm looking for any interested in coming out, farming some feet/loot/seals (I farm Sirrush while I'm there since NM pearl is 100%). I'll take anyone... all DD welcome so long as you don't go running off building the wrong lights(aka Ruby). I would dig someone to help us with Azure this time around so we can farm TE while out and not have to worry about stones.

Send me a /tell on Celerez in game tonight or message me on here.

Thanks!
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-08-14 18:13:02  
I would help, except you'll just be one more BST in dyna that I'll hate
[+]
 Asura.Sangunius
サーバ: Asura
user: Sangunius
By Asura.Sangunius 2012-08-14 18:15:04  
Go Ninja cap Azure and don't burn stones. I remember being there over 10hrs for ninja boots. One tip I can offer is save as much room as you can for the rings that drop from the boxes and the random synth mats. End up making some from of gil from the farm that way. Good Luck.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celerez
By Bahamut.Celerez 2012-08-14 18:17:43  
Bahamut.Dannyl said: »

That ship has come and gone lol.
I've been farming namis for a while now... didn't need feet for that. In all honesty though BST was my main before I had any inclinations to farm namis... simply because farming seals for my other jobs is easier that way.

To any that want to come help (despite the obvious hatred for BST) I can gladly return the favor with help on my other jobs.

99BLM/SCH(RDM) with all BLM Yellow procs... with Abyssite of Discernment
99THF/DNC with TH4 (I know... scrubby... but its better than nothing)
 Bahamut.Celerez
By Bahamut.Celerez 2012-08-14 18:42:22  
Asura.Sangunius said: »
Go Ninja cap Azure and don't burn stones. I remember being there over 10hrs for ninja boots. One tip I can offer is save as much room as you can for the rings that drop from the boxes and the random synth mats. End up making some from of gil from the farm that way. Good Luck.

Note to self... finish leveling NIN... ><
 Bahamut.Querabalu
user: kizzari
By Bahamut.Querabalu 2012-08-14 19:05:44  
haha we always get like 50 bst and pld feet every time we're there farming Sobek and big fish guy for empy items. RNG was the hardest for me to get... well besides NIN and SMN in Vunk. Good luck! If you ever see me in the zone send a /tell and we'll gladly let you have 'em, we're in Mis a lot doing empys and we ALWAYS get bst shoes.
 Bahamut.Celerez
By Bahamut.Celerez 2012-08-14 19:16:22  
Bahamut.Querabalu said: »
haha we always get like 50 bst and pld feet every time we're there farming Sobek and big fish guy for empy items. RNG was the hardest for me to get... well besides NIN and SMN in Vunk. Good luck! If you ever see me in the zone send a /tell and we'll gladly let you have 'em, we're in Mis a lot doing empys and we ALWAYS get bst shoes.

I'll keep an eye out for you for sure. Thanks!
I got SMN on a fluke, in my first Aby party no less. My LS dragged me down to their cruor party so I could get a taste for Aby (this was a while ago) and poof... SMN feet in pool... nobody lotted and they fell to me lol... same with DRG feet.
 Bahamut.Bekisa
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-08-14 19:39:58  
This a pointer for everyone not to toss NQ feet even if you don't think you'll need them ever. Porter Moogle slip #08 and they'll always be there just in case ;) Same can be said about seals, if you are out farming NIN and keep getting something you don't think you'll need -- upgrade it and toss it in #09 or #10!

Went through hell trying to get NIN gear +1/+2 after I just passed up so many NIN seals a few weeks prior because I didn't think I'd level it past 75 ... little did I know, Abyssea was about to slap some sense into me :(
 Bahamut.Celerez
By Bahamut.Celerez 2012-08-14 19:53:30  
Not to mention the fact that you can ship all of the seals/gems/armor to a mule if you wish.
I have mountains of seals/gems. Feet for BST are ready for +1 already... and nearly done with +2... just need the actual feet themselves. lol

Again, that's part of the reason why I keep thinking SE wants me playing something other than what I am. I have the base bard feet. the seals for +1, all of the seals for leg and hands, most of the body, the neck and the waist...

and I haven't even unlocked bard (it was my original 75 between 2002-2007 before I quit... so I'm not in a hurry to play it again)
 Quetzalcoatl.Killza
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Killza 2012-08-14 19:55:53  
Bahamut.Celerez said: »

I've been farming namis for a while now... didn't need feet for that. In all honesty though BST was my main before I had any inclinations to farm namis... simply because farming seals for my other jobs is easier that way.

To any that want to come help (despite the obvious hatred for BST) I can gladly return the favor with help on my other jobs.

You must be new to FFXI.... Dyna is Dynamis for short or gtfo.
Edit: But now that you know the proper slang for dynamis, good luck on feet!
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-08-14 19:56:45  
>.> Rly? I mean I say dyna anyway but does it matter?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Killza
By Quetzalcoatl.Killza 2012-08-14 20:01:55  
Sylph.Krsone said: »
>.> Rly? I mean I say dyna anyway but does it matter?

Yeah dawg it's like saying "vision" instead of "Television" when it SHOULD be "TV" or "tele" if you're from UK etc.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celerez
By Bahamut.Celerez 2012-08-14 20:05:44  
lol obvious troll is obvious...

Take a slice of your own advice and GTFO :)

PS... nobody says "dawg" anymore.
 Quetzalcoatl.Killza
By Quetzalcoatl.Killza 2012-08-14 20:12:09  
lol obvious troll is obvious...

Take a slice of your own advice and GTFO :)

PS... nobody says "dawg" anymore.

I was just stating a simple fact, if you are going to be newbish in dynamis you should at least abbreviate it correctly as 'dyna'. But since you want to be hostile I take back my "Good luck on the feet" and rather I hope you spend years on a pair of ferine feet!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celerez
By Bahamut.Celerez 2012-08-14 20:48:48  
For reference... I started in 2002 at US launch... and was clearing namis/HNMs/Sky/Sea before most of the current generation of players had even heard of the game.

And I gotta say... in my first 5 years (quit, sold account in 07 after WotG press release) and in all my time since I returned this past March... you are the first person to correct me on it.

Pardon me if I take offense to your (albeit misplaced and grossly presumptuous) pedantic bullsh**

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I feel stupider for reading this "banter" come on señors

On topic gl, wish you were on my server

And on this note... I'm done... lol
Thanks! I have really questioned my server choice since I got back honestly. The market on Bahamut is meh...
Then again Gilgamesh was no better... I still remember when Manteel was 30mil >.<;;

I'm hoping this difficulty with the BST feet is just a fluke... and that I don't have near as much difficulty with BLM.
 Bahamut.Illyst
user: illyst
By Bahamut.Illyst 2012-08-16 09:51:46  
While youre trying to farm for them yourself, try sending tells to other people in the Zone. I was farming seps the other day in vunk and needed sch base feet. I asked a random JP who was farming puks for whatever reason and they ended up giving me a sch feet they got while farming. Good luck
By Demule 2012-08-16 10:04:10  

You're one of those people....

Good luck getting your ine eae. You might try shouting in uno, could make it into a uor party.
[+]
 Phoenix.Elspetta
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-08-16 10:13:58  
Bahamut.Illyst said: »
While youre trying to farm for them yourself, try sending tells to other people in the Zone. I was farming seps the other day in vunk and needed sch base feet. I asked a random JP who was farming puks for whatever reason and they ended up giving me a sch feet they got while farming. Good luck
Put it in your /seacom as well. Whenever we are farming in those zones, if base feet drop, I do a quick search of the zone to see if anyone has them listed.

Bahamut.Bekisa said: »
This a pointer for everyone not to toss NQ feet even if you don't think you'll need them ever. Porter Moogle slip #08 and they'll always be there just in case ;)

^^ This! I have base feet for all 20 jobs (well the jobs I play have +2), but I just keep them all in my PM slip 8 just in case.
By bigbriguy 2012-08-21 11:20:56  
If u toss me a frd inv, i will be farming sobek skins in mis in the next 3 weeks. The last few times i have tossed bunch of bst feet. I would be happy to help out, and i usually do aoe with everything capped, so time shouldnt be a problem either.