New Job: Geomancer
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2012-06-23 00:45:52  
Odin.Maddii said: »
i hope they really put some effort in here. what could be interesting is, if not only geomancy isnt just a recycling of knowns spells, but also if they make "bells" a solid new weapon type.

i could imagine, they renew the skillchain system with it, like different rings (of bells) in a row causes skillchain like effects. could also make it that, not every bell weapon skill can just be learned by skilling up, but that a lot if not all bell weaponskills come only with specific bells.

[+]
 Odin.Maddii
サーバ: Odin
user: Maddi
By Odin.Maddii 2012-06-23 00:47:39  
Bahamut.Aeronis said: »
Odin.Maddii said: »
i hope they really put some effort in here. what could be interesting is, if not only geomancy isnt just a recycling of knowns spells, but also if they make "bells" a solid new weapon type.

i could imagine, they renew the skillchain system with it, like different rings (of bells) in a row causes skillchain like effects. could also make it that, not every bell weapon skill can just be learned by skilling up, but that a lot if not all bell weaponskills come only with specific bells.

thats actually how i look like most of the day.
 Titan.Elevan
サーバ: Titan
user: Elevan
By Titan.Elevan 2012-06-23 00:57:13  
lol @ da fact of having to wear a mushroom.
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-06-23 01:04:18  
IF SE were to put effort into the expansion. Please add tactical battles instead of the lazy Perfect Defence zerg.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-06-23 01:11:24  
...am I being trolled?
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-06-23 01:13:13  
Titan.Elevan said: »

This is actually funny, because it's based on this kind of japanese hat
 Siren.Novadragon
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-06-23 01:14:09  
There's also another job to be announced. Can you guess what it is? Judging from the ????? Pic.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
サーバ: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2012-06-23 01:26:32  
Bells go in the ammo slot
[+]
 Cerberus.Mystina
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2012-06-23 01:28:38  
Siren.Novadragon said: »
There's also another job to be announced. Can you guess what it is? Judging from the ????? Pic.

It will most likly be one from FFT,

Mime and calculator won't really work with this game but who knows.

if not one of those, i'll be surprised.

but givin how PUP is treated in this game new jobs kind of worry me as to them being useful down the line.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-23 01:29:44  
Calculator would be perfect actually. Would require us to type in the damage equations to launch abilities.
 Cerberus.Mystina
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2012-06-23 01:31:38  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Calculator would be perfect actually. Would require us to type in the damage equations to launch abilities.

Then no one would play it because alot of people in this game don't like jobs that require alot of thinking, which is why everyone loves to play DD jobs.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-06-23 01:33:10  
hoping 2nd job is Rune Knight, (Greatsword A and single sword B hoping lol) ability to use runes to grant bonus's to attacks, abilities and weaponskills

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Rune_Knight
[+]
 Sylph.Raesvelg
サーバ: Sylph
user: Raesvelg
By Sylph.Raesvelg 2012-06-23 01:37:40  
Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
hoping 2nd job is Rune Knight, (Greatsword A and single sword B hoping lol) ability to use runes to grant bonus's to attacks, abilities and weaponskills

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Rune_Knight

Well, given that the SoA website has an outline of a sword-wielding fighter of some sort with one glowing hand, surrounded by a ring of runes...

Yeah.

Rune Knight seems rather likely.
[+]
 Titan.Elevan
By Titan.Elevan 2012-06-23 01:39:56  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »

This is actually funny, because it's based on this kind of japanese hat

lol I've also seen this hat on Yojimbo on FFX and that lady from Mortal Kombat.

[+]
 Titan.Elevan
By Titan.Elevan 2012-06-23 01:51:05  
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2012-06-23 02:29:58  
Tiipapa08 said: »
Am I the only one that noticed supported platforms are only Xbox and PC lol.

No, I spotted that as soon as I saw the official web site.

All I can say is:

/dance

/comfort

Cerberus.Mystina said: »
.... i would say Time Mage is next but it's hard to put that job into motion since exisisting mage jobs already have the spells it would have.

Like Hastega and Slowga?

I don't play single player FFs so I have no idea what a time mage traditionally does, but spells combining Haste + increased movement speed and Slow + elements of Gravity seem a natural.

A TRUE time mage would have a spell that could reset a fight, perhaps not to the start, and a Revitalize like ability*. Not to mention the recalls and retraces.

*Perhaps a 1 hour JA? Of course, like the COR's 2 hour, it won't reset itself. Can't be TIM's 2 hour, make it too much a COR clone JA. And it would have to either be 100% or have a unique failure mode.

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Or I can burn to 99 and AFK skill up like I do with every other magic, and take all of 10 minutes to learn how to play the job.

I am SO happy you are not on Garu... Lakshmi.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-06-23 02:32:05  
why, why another job when they can't even fix the issues with the 20 they have (which is apparently already too many...)
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-23 02:42:12  
Dont worry Jet the 2nd new job is announced tomorrow so it will be an even 22.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-06-23 02:48:10  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »

I'm still ticked at the 99 ***, I like my even numbers.

/needs the metaphorical security blanket of even numbers
By Artemicion 2012-06-23 02:54:33  
Jetackuu said: »

Hey, at least this way Petrify level 5 won't hit you.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-06-23 02:55:09  

This -kinda- irks me, as I had an even distribution thing going on between my four characters spread across two accounts. Now I'm more or less screwed with unevenness. /le sigh
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-06-23 02:55:16  
But Petrify Level 3 will.
By Jetackuu 2012-06-23 02:55:51  
Artemicion said: »

Hey, at least this way Petrify level 5 won't hit you.

yeah, that is one advantage, I actually got hit by that the other day when I was still 95, was pissed.
By Artemicion 2012-06-23 02:57:45  
A bit early to be getting into this, but which race(s) do you think naturally fit the scenario of being a geomancer? As far as correlation to the lore and background while being fundamentally natural for the talents a geomancer wields.
 Titan.Elevan
By Titan.Elevan 2012-06-23 02:58:15  
why, why another job when they can't even fix the issues with the 20 they have (which is apparently already too many...)

I agree, I kinda don't like the idea of MORE jobs coming. We already have 20 and thy can all go up to Lv.99!

What more could they possibly wanna do with XI? Not to mention FFXIV own system...

If I we're directing the game I'd maybe put one more job in, that could kinda do every single thing the other jobs could do like Mime. I'd make the job really hard to obtain, and unique.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2012-06-23 02:58:44  

First off the sword in the lower picture is not one handed sword sized in this game. He is just holding it while he casts. Or waves his pom-pom.

So two handed weapons and energy manipulation unlike the current magic system is my guess. Anything like that in the single player FFs at all? Well... other than DRK. DRKs don't get pompoms.

Oh yes, A or A- in Greatsword.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-06-23 02:58:49  
Personally, I feel Galka fits it best, with Mithra being a close second.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-06-23 03:00:55  

I agree, I kinda don't like the idea of MORE jobs coming. We already have 20 and thy can all go up to Lv.99!

What more could they possibly wanna do with XI? Not to mention FFXIV own system...

If I we're directing the game I'd maybe put one more job in, that could kinda do every single thing the other jobs could do like Mime. I'd make the job really hard to obtain, and unique.

Glad you aren't in charge then.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Caitan
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Korm
By Ragnarok.Caitan 2012-06-23 03:01:12  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

First off the sword in the lower picture is not one handed sword sized in this game. He is just holding it while he casts. Or waves his pom-pom.

So two handed weapons and energy manipulation unlike the current magic system is my guess. Anything like that in the single player FFs at all? Well... other than DRK. DRKs don't get pompoms.

Oh yes, A or A- in Greatsword.

Won't be suprised if it's Templar.
By Artemicion 2012-06-23 03:02:21  

I know many would cry foul over this, but one of the things I liked in World of Warcraft of all things was the limited selection of jobs, but the vast capacities and branches of utilization in each. For once I'd like to see the already staggering number of jobs we have expand and find their own foundation rather than having this sketched and skewed pendulum of bandwagoning with each update favor.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10