2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » New Zones
New Zones
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14
By Enuyasha 2012-06-17 18:51:07  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Morpher, Geomancer and Chemist traits could all become aspects of the already present BLU, SCH and THF/COR classes respectively.
BLU doesnt TURN INTO mobs...You can argue cannon soulflayer but yea, not the same thing.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-17 18:53:02  
Soulflayer or Flan... but those aren't by choice. Could see them making some *** up lore twist to make it work though. Chemist would probably be best off on RDM.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-06-17 18:54:18  
Morpher and BLU were both jobs in FFTA!
 Siren.Arioche
サーバ: Siren
user: Arioche
By Siren.Arioche 2012-06-17 21:06:34  
I actually met Sage Sundi at a Square after-party during this years GDC and we talked a bit about the game. While he couldn't say too much about it, he did mention that there would be 2 big expansions coming in the future.
By Enuyasha 2012-06-17 21:09:20  
Siren.Arioche said: »
I actually met Sage Sundi at a Square after-party during this years GDC and we talked a bit about the game. While he couldn't say too much about it, he did mention that there would be 2 big expansions coming in the future.
/tinfoil on
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2012-06-17 21:21:48  

can't wait to see them hopefully one will be this year or early next year :3
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-17 21:22:07  
I want to take it seriously, but I can't get passed Sage Sundi being the comedic relief of FFXI pseudo-dev panels.
[+]
 Siren.Arioche
サーバ: Siren
user: Arioche
By Siren.Arioche 2012-06-17 21:29:04  
Well, he was actually just translating what this guy was saying (one of the producers, can't remember his name)
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-17 21:29:59  
in after POIDH.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xairu
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Xairu
By Phoenix.Xairu 2012-06-17 22:12:26  
Iro Huro said: »
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Geomancer too! Would be hard to implement in this game probably, but it would be a cool addition
SCH includes geomancer, what with storms and helices. calculator?
I'd given alot of thought to Geomancer, always wanted to see this job. I don't think it could be so much the same as SCH, my thoughts for it were probably a bit outlandish, but I had a roadmap of my own for it lol. Unfortunately it'd be really difficult to; run it as a useful job and also enjoy the job the way I'd thought it up.

Always thought they should just have JA's, no spells, 3-5 abilities per element, maybe only accessable through current, pre & day after. ex: on Firesday you could only use Darkness Fire & Earth based JAs. Would be a bit too much like a SMN/BLU hybrid in that respect though, given a couple healing/buffs and alot of dmg JAs in this list.

Also there's the weapon issue.. Geomancers always used bells. The closest thing to that is the dream bell, which is a club. So would Geomancer's main weapon be club? lol. I highly doubt SE would build an entire new weapon line just for a new job. Personally I always thought Geomancer, if brought into XI, would be another H2H job.

Idk though, obviously SCH's weather abilities or with current weather in zone would boost these JAs power as well, which makes Abyssea GEO weak without a SCH. Another thought was given all jobs that can manipulate elements do make use of light & dark.. but would GEO? There's alot to think about, I'd love to see Geomancer someday but I think there's just too much to think about with that one implimenting in XI, unfortunately.

bring on teh hates!
By Jetackuu 2012-06-17 22:41:11  
Carbuncle.Ambivalent said: »
Sylph.Kimble said: »
Cerberus.Sevvy said: »
Don't forget that about six months ago SE hired about 12-15 new developers in Japan for FFXI. There was no further information as to what they would be doing but I doubt they needed 12-15 people to revamp the UI and create voidwatch mobs, this sounds like it can be something as grandose as new zones.

Have a link to that? Generally never heard they hired more people.

Link

damn you, first time reading something on the official forums and I regret it, the horror!

/rocks in place
[+]
 Shiva.Cybermario
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Cybermario 2012-06-17 22:47:23  
Sylph.Kimble said: »
Im just saying, I wouldn't get my hopes up that an expansion is going to be great or the savior of FFXI.
after they killed old school aprties outside abyssea nothing can save this game.

Now yes, i am excited to see more areas and i hope the new content to be good, a new city is something the game needed many years ago.
 Odin.Tsuneo
サーバ: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-17 22:49:19  
If they add a new city, it better have an auction house.
[+]
By Xenshi 2012-06-17 22:54:47  
Don't think old school exp parties outside abyssea killed the game, an exp grind is still a grind no matter how you slice it. The fun for me comes in exploring a new zone/story and having no clue of what's comming my way. Seeing a NM, running up to it and just being destroyed and telling my friends of this and we talk about how to tackle it. Just the act of seeing something new is exciting in a MMO or some sort of new gameplay feature that makes you laugh like crazy. SE had a good track record of this in the past and I think they can rekindle that fire. Time will tell though, everyone thought a lot of content was dumb when they heard about it, but now it's what we have grown to love.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2012-06-17 23:16:52  
Xenshi said: »
Don't think old school exp parties outside abyssea killed the game, an exp grind is still a grind no matter how you slice it.
Even though it was a grind, it still made players invest more time into the game.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-17 23:19:21  
I don't know anyone who thinks time sinks are enjoyable. Exp grinding certainly didn't keep the game interesting, so I don't how anyone can think the game got stale because of a reduced grind.
[+]
By Xenshi 2012-06-17 23:31:13  
There's a difference in playing a game and enjoying a game.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-06-17 23:32:03  
Odin.Tsuneo said: »
I don't know anyone who thinks time sinks are enjoyable. Exp grinding certainly didn't keep the game interesting, so I don't how anyone can think the game got stale because of a reduced grind.
I think it kept some level of job identity. There were very few "jack of all trades". Friend A was a WHM, Friend B was a BRD, Friend C was a THF. They may have had a couple other jobs or none at all, but people knew them as primarily job X.

These days, not having all jobs just makes you look lame due to how easy it is. It's along the same level as not having appropriate subjobs leveled was back then. Job identity has also diminished to the level that unless you have a relic/emp, you're not a "main X" since the rest of the gear is absurdly easy to procure.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-17 23:33:18  
Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
Odin.Tsuneo said: »
I think it kept some level of job identity. There were very few "jack of all trades". Friend A was a WHM, Friend B was a BRD, Friend C was a THF. They may have had a couple other jobs or none at all, but people knew them as primarily job X.

These days, not having all jobs just makes you look lame due to how easy it is. It's along the same level as not having appropriate subjobs leveled was back then. Job identity has also diminished to the level that unless you have a relic/emp, you're not a "main X" since the rest of the gear is absurdly easy to procure.
I won't disagree with that, but the game is still stale regardless of how someone gets to endgame.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-17 23:35:38  
The picture certainly makes this more interesting, erases a lot of the doubts I was having.
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: sunpride
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-18 05:53:05  
Well, he was actually just translating what this guy was saying (one of the producers, can't remember his name)

interesting.

2 big expansions...
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-18 05:54:10  
We we we so excited!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-18 05:54:33  
Inb4 2 new addons and the dats are just to troll us :(
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-18 05:57:09  
How I'm going to find the time to play XIV, XI and GW2 is beyond me. I guess I should start working on the time travel stuff again.
By Fyyvoaa 2012-06-18 05:59:44  
I'm not really holding my breath as far as something that will save the game.. it's past it's prime... it'll be nice to explore new content but I doubt it'll be more for just a one month or two month resub.
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-18 06:12:34  
Catnipthief Rygar said: »
I'm not really holding my breath as far as something that will save the game.. it's past it's prime... it'll be nice to explore new content but I doubt it'll be more for just a one month or two month resub.

ok.
By Smurfite 2012-06-18 06:17:26  

If it was a true expansion like TOAU, salvage/einherjar/HNM/assaults etc, or CoP jailers/limbus/etc, along with missions, would do a hell of a lot for a semi-dead game...
By Fyyvoaa 2012-06-18 06:17:56  
Carbuncle.Ambivalent said: »
How I'm going to find the time to play XIV, XI and GW2 is beyond me. I guess I should start working on the time travel stuff again.

I already have this problem with XIV, GW (when 2 comes out that) D3 (although technically not an MMO) and Aion.
By Fyyvoaa 2012-06-18 06:18:30  
Smurfite said: »

If it was a true expansion like TOAU, salvage/einherjar/HNM/assaults etc, or CoP jailers/limbus/etc, along with missions, would do a hell of a lot for a semi-dead game...

It would revive it a bit, but with any expansion the content will go stale after a month or two.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-18 06:21:57  
So? It doesn't exist, and it is not possible to conceive, a content that will keep itself fresh and new forever. Everything becomes stale once you've tried it, but this doesn't mean that you can't keep on enjoying it.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14