Mandau Advice.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Mandau advice.
Mandau advice.
 Cerberus.Koryo
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: cheez
By Cerberus.Koryo 2012-06-16 01:22:22  
Thf is easily my favorite job and I love doing everything I can to make it even better which is why I am looking to upgrade my weapon to a Mandau (after much research the decision has been made :D).

Here is my problem:
It is an absurd amount of money. As I puruse the forums I see the idea of having and empy or relic weapon being thrown around like it's nothing but the amount of work to get either is incredible. I am asking for advice on how I could possibly farm up to a completed Mandau as a fairly well geared THF (although always room to improve of course, not saying I'm perfect =P).

I do dynamis regularly and average around 1.5m per run (might be a bit low, again, not really what I'm asking), and with that amount of daily gil, a relic weapon seems so far away and I can't stand it. Any thoughts are welcome and appreciated, thanks!
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-16 01:30:07  
Don't toss it would be my advice when you finish.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-16 01:32:09  
Dyna remains the best source of gil. You can make money doing VW, but its not reliable. You can merc out ADLs or Neo Nyzul, but that requires a group and will cut into your profits, and can only be done once a day. Could go do salvage and sell the alex, but thats not as profitable as dyna.
 Carbuncle.Burkey
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-06-16 01:40:48  
i asked 'how to make money' my first day playing and everyone's casual simple answer was 'sell your junk'

do some dynamis, that'll help; any and all NM pop items from abyssea can go for some good amounts; random VW jazz goes for 1000's here and there. from selling random stuff outside of currency, i make probably 1M a day. every little bit counts if you are dead set on making a relic
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-06-16 01:53:24  
Cerberus.Koryo said: »
Thf is easily my favorite job and I love doing everything I can to make it even better which is why I am looking to upgrade my weapon to a Mandau (after much research the decision has been made :D).

Here is my problem:
It is an absurd amount of money. As I puruse the forums I see the idea of having and empy or relic weapon being thrown around like it's nothing but the amount of work to get either is incredible. I am asking for advice on how I could possibly farm up to a completed Mandau as a fairly well geared THF (although always room to improve of course, not saying I'm perfect =P).

I do dynamis regularly and average around 1.5m per run (might be a bit low, again, not really what I'm asking), and with that amount of daily gil, a relic weapon seems so far away and I can't stand it. Any thoughts are welcome and appreciated, thanks!
Dynamis daily. Do not sell your currency until you reach the maximum of a certain type (ie you no longer need O. pieces.), and try your hardest not to count and check your progress. It will happen slowly, but if you don't watch the kettle boil, it'll be more tolerable.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-06-16 01:56:51  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Don't toss it would be my advice when you finish.
Clicked this thread intending to make that same joke :/
[+]
By Xenshi 2012-06-16 02:18:44  
It seems like a ways off, but it really isn't. Thing to remember is only buy at prices that you are comfortable with and don't buy in to people trying to jump up the prices. Keep your focus on it and you'll be running around with that golden dagger in no time. If you have good friends, trade currency with them or ask them for a homie hookup. Find a few buyers that will sell to you at a steady price. Do Salvage for alexs cause I'm fairly certain at least one person on your server is buying them and come to some sort of agreement. There's plenty of ways to speed the whole process up a bit more, just gotta put yourself to the task of getting it done. Even now if you have insane luck, selling some of the pulse items from VW. If you have crafts, find an item that makes profit and sells well and make some everyday, cause even if its not a huge amount of gil, might shave a few days or even a week or so off your estimated finish time.
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-06-16 02:20:53  
I essentially soloed my Mandau with nothing but solo dyna and the occasional vw money drop in about 2 1/2 months (pretty steady, but not every day). My best advice is pay $1 extra a month and start a bst mule. An extra dyna run once or twice a week can really help. Most gear can be muled and your mule shouldn't really be too terrible. RMT FC parties really speed it up and it pays for itself in no time.

On my main thf or bst I can pull in 230 no problem and my bst mule can still hit 210ish on a good day.
 Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah 2012-06-16 02:25:17  
There's really no more advice I can give that hasn't been said already. I farmed both my relics doing Dynamis everyday. It can really burn you out, but just keep at it, and you'll make it. I don't know if you have any high level crafts but a few of them have become quite (reliably) profitable. Might want to look into that as well. Other than that, yeah, what most of the above posters said. Don't sell any of your currency until you don't need anymore of a certain type, etc. I know that whenever I didn't need shells anymore, I started going to mobs like tigers in Qufim because Orcs are right next to them, and I could pull the JA proc ones when they were safe to pull, instead of tigers, since either I needed the bronze or would rather sell those because they are worth more than shells. Stuff to think about.
 Sylph.Bdsm
By Sylph.Bdsm 2012-06-16 02:26:53  
I was just curious on this myself, so I just counted how much it would take for me to gather enough coins from pure solo.. it worked out to be something along a year for me at the pace i go... 2013....
By Xenshi 2012-06-16 02:37:46  
Sylph.Bdsm said: »
I was just curious on this myself, so I just counted how much it would take for me to gather enough coins from pure solo.. it worked out to be something along a year for me at the pace i go... 2013....
Not sure how much currency goes for on your server lol. Let's say an average solo run is about 1.5mil, would take you about 70 days from only solo farming dyna. Odds are you have some sort of extra gil flow somehow though. And some days you might do a lot better than your average, so about two months 100% free relic (excluding the last 30 loan). I know this to be about right cause that's almost exactly how long it took me, I spent a total out of my own pocket 100k on my relic.
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2012-06-16 02:52:09  
I started on mandau myself recently. Like everyone has been saying, dynamis runs every day is the way to go. Just try to find a time when zones are emptyish. Nothing messes up a run like 20 all trying to do eps on ja proc time.

Also, you could try limbus. Its pretty short and can do well solo. What with the new zones prices on abcs might even go up.