フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 156 157 158
 Asura.Hoshiku
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-22 23:01:44  
I prefer to use adlivun bullets, although for full time shooting eminent bullets are probably the better choice. I was going for a 5 hit in that set because I'm assuming anything you're shooting at is pretty high level and you'll need a fair bit of r.acc. If you can sacrifice some racc a 4 hit would be viable.

Your hit build for a death penalty 4 hit would require 74 store tp (I'm assuming if you're wearing dp you're using leaden salute - if you want to last stand then I don't think dp would be ideal although I'm not a spreadsheet person). You're looking for 34 store tp above your sam roll so maybe something like this:

ItemSet 335469

Incidentally I think STP on taeon may only be an off target effect because it's not listed in the possible augment list (if it's possible to get at all).
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-05-22 23:36:14  
thinking about starting DP, was wondering if anyone could tell me your reg fire shot dmg on CP bats with 119 DP?( wondering how much more it comes out to)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-23 05:04:38  
It's 60% more.
Leaden 30%.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-05-26 17:13:27  
Boo, no plans to increase our Marksmanship skill rating. :(
 Carbuncle.Drygell
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: valkhyr
By Carbuncle.Drygell 2015-05-26 21:16:52  
On the guide wouldn't the feast hose be better than the thurandaut pants +1 for the light/dark QD acc set ? i know the feast hose has less agi (-3) but the racc is way higher.
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2015-05-26 23:16:34  
Don't want to bother jumping through months in this thread for it, but finally looking into Taeon augments for every situation. Best Leaden/Wildfire and such gearset doesn't have any Taeon listed. Is that still accurate? Would AGI+23(and +10~ more?) and MAB+20 not math out better for those WS than a few more MAB from say Pixie Hairpin?

I think I'd rather it not so I have less gearswap mess with multiple Taeon pieces, but figured I'd ask before investing in anything. Want to get my COR back to snuff.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-05-27 00:00:33  
Pixie still best salute head, i cant remember the exact number but it was something like +70ish MAB for dark dmg, taeon can't beat it.

Taeon melee set should add acc or acc/attack plus Triple attack and most likely dex.

for MAB pieces i usually go with +WSD and recycle but i suppose agi+ instead of WSD+ would be good for QD as well so could go that route.

also as far as body goes unless you really wanna spend the time/money/inv space on a MAB piece i just stick with relic body for that, only 2 less MAB more base AGI and no +WSD for using relic.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-05-27 00:39:31  
Aside from Pixie +1 for the head, MAB WSD Taeon are the best Wildfire/Leaden pieces. However, we're getting some very nice MAB options that do not require random augments these days. Rawhide Vest has a whopping 25 base MAB, and Pursuer Cuffs have 20 on them as well. Overall, MAB WSD Taeon will pull ahead, but they can cost you such a large amount that I'd recommend just going for the sure thing. I've spent more than I'd like to admit on the skirmish augmenting system.
 Siren.Dekoda
サーバ: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-05-27 02:40:54  
I've been inspecting the COR spreadsheet lately and found some errors, thought I'd share.

Quote:
It appears there's some sort of error for ranged weapon skills with these spread sheets. On the RNG and COR Weapon Skill sheets, everything in the TP column (aka the L column) references melee WS Store TP values instead of ranged WS Store TP values. For example, cell L1084 on the COR spreadsheet:

=MAX((G1084+H1084)*Set1RWSTP + I1084*$B$6, Set1SaveTP)

The cell B6 that is being referenced is the WS TP per additional hit of the WS. It calculates this value using cell B5, which is Store TP for melee weapon skills. You can verify this by varying the STP in your melee WS equipment set with your fighting style set to ranged only. Your DPS will still change. This is for WS Set 1, WS Set 2 has a similar problem but references cell B539 (and by extension, B538).

I think the correct solution is to change the references of B6 and B539 to B1605 and B1072, respectively, for all of the TP column for ranged weapon skills. A more ghetto solution is to just change B5 to Data!H111 and B538 to Data!I111, although you can no longer accurately calculate melee WS damage (irrelevant for the RNG spreadsheet, anyways).

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/110460-DPS-Spreadsheets?p=6433749&viewfull=1#post6433749
 Asura.Rodolfo
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-05-27 09:09:18  
Recently got the 550 QD gifts on my COR, and was surprised at the numbers.

Merits 5/5 = -10
Mask = -3
Mirke = -5
Total before gifts = -18s
60-18= 42s recast

When i went out and fired after obtainging gifts, i was getting a recast of 34s (shot 1) and 35s (shot 2). That would put the delay at -7. (>_>)

Is there a previously unknown recast cap on QD?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-27 09:49:17  
I suppose it's not impossible there is a cap...make sure all your gear was equipped properly during shots just in case. Otherwise I think it's worth reporting this to official forum for a confirmation or notice of bug.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2015-05-27 14:52:39  
Asura.Rodolfo said: »
Recently got the 550 QD gifts on my COR, and was surprised at the numbers.

Merits 5/5 = -10
Mask = -3
Mirke = -5
Total before gifts = -18s
60-18= 42s recast

When i went out and fired after obtainging gifts, i was getting a recast of 34s (shot 1) and 35s (shot 2). That would put the delay at -7. (>_>)

Is there a previously unknown recast cap on QD?

I'll be hitting 550 JP this evening, so I'll test to see if my recast becomes 30 seconds (Merits -10, -5 mask, -5 mirke, -10 Gift).

Considering that Phantom Roll's recast is also bugged right now, it might not be too far a stretch to say QD is as well. Will reply later with my findings.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2015-05-27 16:49:47  
Hit 550 JP (hurray!) and went out to do some testing.

With 5/5 recast merits, Mirke, -5 Blood Mask and the JP, my recast per shot was 35 seconds instead of the expected 30 seconds (60 - 10 - 10 - 5 - 5). Removed mask, recast was still 35 seconds (expected: 60 - 10 - 10 -5 = 35).

So either the maximum recast reduction for Quick Draw is -25 seconds or it's bugged in the same way that Phantom Roll is at the moment.

Interestingly enough, 35 seconds is also the bugged recast time for XI Phantom Rolls at the moment, so this may well be a bug. I submitted a bug report for Phantom Roll about 2 weeks ago and it's currently languishing in the Accepted Bugs forum, slowly being eaten by "Why can't my new mule buy bonanza marbles?" posts.

Link to the Phantom Roll post

Not quite sure how to bring it to their attention other than submitting a bug report.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-27 16:54:09  
Worth making a bug report about this too.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-05-27 23:23:31  
has anyone gotten their rolls to last longer than 8:20? i could be wrong but i think i have been @ 8:20 all while capping JP section on roll times.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2015-05-28 01:38:42  
8:20 is the current max value you can get.

5:00 Base duration
1:40 Winning Streak 5/5
0:30 Lanun Tricorne +1 (6 seconds per merit)
0:20 Job Points 10/10
0:50 Chasseur's Gants +1
8:20 total
[+]
 Asura.Rodolfo
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-05-28 12:14:27  
Well, if the Gift effect supercedes gear and there is a hard cap on QD recast, it would at least give us the opportunity to use stronger gear in those slots for QD dmg. I guess we'll have to wait and see If it gets fixed next udate.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2015-05-28 12:37:50  
Well, if the Gift effect supercedes gear and there is a hard cap on QD recast, it would at least give us the opportunity to use stronger gear in those slots for QD dmg. I guess we'll have to wait and see If it gets fixed next udate.

Since Rawhide Mask and Pursuer's Beret don't have MAB path augments, it'd come down to 20 MAB augmented Taeon Chapeau vs. unaugmented Rawhide Vest for swapping out on non-light/dark shots.

Blood Mask > Taeon Chapeau nets you 20 MAB and 23 AGI, potentially 33 with AGI Dusktip augment. Taeon also has Ranged Accuracy +10.

Mirke > Rawhide Vest nets you 21 MAB and 25 AGI.

Forgoing Rawhide Vest, your options become:
Blood Mask > 20 MAB Taeon Chapeau = 20 MAB and 23 + 0-10 AGI.
Mirke > 20 MAB Taeon Tabard = 16 MAB and 23 + 0-10 AGI.
Mirke > Lanun +1 = 14 MAB and 28 AGI.
[+]
 Asura.Rodolfo
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-05-28 15:01:55  
Does anyone have a solid STP build for Death Penalty? Yes, I realism as a hexagon class the low delay has been problematic in the past, however I was wondering if with new gear options things have changed. If no one currently has anything in the works, I could develop something but idk what the goal StP woulike be assuming eminent bullet. Thanks.
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-05-28 16:20:35  
Anyone else notice that Timers isn't showing Random Deal?
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-28 17:15:34  
Does anyone have a solid STP build for Death Penalty? Yes, I realism as a hexagon class the low delay has been problematic in the past, however I was wondering if with new gear options things have changed. If no one currently has anything in the works, I could develop something but idk what the goal StP woulike be assuming eminent bullet. Thanks.

Are you trying to go lower than a 4-hit or something?
 Odin.Nogara
サーバ: Odin
user: Aragon
By Odin.Nogara 2015-05-28 18:11:35  
How are you guys incorporating Chasseur's Frac into your luas while Triple Shot is active?
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-05-28 21:21:37  
I don't know, but my GS isn't working with Firestorm and Fire Shot/Wildfile recently. Same thing with Leaden Salute.

Seems like the corsair shots and WS aren't triggering whatever detects the element of the spell. I thought it was just my Zodiac ring that wasn't working, but it seems it's my obis, too.

Here's my Lua if it helps:
http://pastebin.com/p4EBXVS1
 Asura.Rodolfo
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-05-29 16:58:17  
Asura.Hoshiku said: »

Are you trying to go lower than a 4-hit or something?

I'm looking at values w/o sam sub. I usually sub ring if I am shooting. I know /war is popular and /sam but I feel like you really lose to much on top end content with those subs. Plus I almost never use last stand.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-29 18:23:04  
Everything I posted was without sam sub. It does require sam roll to work (but I also told you the amount of STP you'd need if you didn't use sam roll and how good of a sam roll you'd need). Incidentally (and for future record) sub sam is 15 STP, so you could just add that to your set if compensating. And I'll be honest here, I don't think you're going to find enough STP to compensate for sam roll if you're going for a 5 hit or a 4 hit.

Edit: I was remathing things and I'm pretty sure I remember base tp being 130. As such that's probably a 6 hit and a 5 hit I posted, not a 5 hit and a 4 hit (it was late lol). I'll double check when I get home from work. (Incidentally if 130 TP per shot is right then it looks like a 4 hit would take 83 STP on top of sam roll. I don't see that happening ever.)
 Asura.Rodolfo
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-05-29 23:17:21  
This is the best gear I could come up with so far. Ive moved out pieces like Ocachi for Gaudryi (-1stp -20 ratt +10racc) and goading for eschan stone (-5stp +15racc). If we had A+/A/A- marksmanship with accuracy traits like RNG, it would be alot more possible.

Mekki/Bloodrain gives us +11 losing +AGI/MAB from dagger but if you were actually /SAM you would be able to use Hasso (not really sure thats all that great a benefit for /ra jobs).

Anyways if you see any other pieces feel free to add to this post/set. Thanks.

ItemSet 335584
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-30 00:36:26  
OK, rechecked, it's 161 tp per hit with no STP. That makes your x-hit build require (1,000 - 161)/(x-1) tp per hit. A 4-hit would need 74 STP. A 5-hit would need 31 STP. A 6-hit would need 5 STP. The gun is natively a 7-hit.

I agree that pursuer's body is a better choice. I also like using the eschan stone. Your set has 46 STP - so I'm not sure what hit build you're aiming for. If you wanted a 5-hit you could probably drop the mekki for dagger. Looking at your set vs mine, I have a bit more racc than you do (184 vs 150) while your set has more ratk (96 vs 110). We're about equal on str and agi. My build assumes you will have sam roll and is a 4-hit. Your set is natively a 5-hit with a bit of extra STP. BTW, wasn't sure what you wanted for hands and feet so I put in Taeon feet w/ 20 racc/ratk 7str/agi and chas +1 hands.

The augments on pursuer's beret are a big letdown btw. At rank 7 your options were:
A - AGI 6, rapid shot 6, subtle blow 4
B - DEX 4, AGI 6, recycle 7
C - HP 28, acc 12, atk 7
D - r atk 7, enm -3, subtle blow 4

I always hate it when the put subtle blow on our gear. :x
By Chroph 2015-05-30 04:31:46  
Pursuer's set looks like the new Best Last Stand set, what do you think about it ?

Old set :
AGI+174
RAtk+53
RAcc+58
Marksmanship+0

New set :
NormalAGI+170
AugmentedAGI+35
Total AGI+205
RAtk+91
RAcc+98
Marksmanship+15

ItemSet 335607
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-05-30 04:36:13  
Yeah, Pursuer's, even just base, is a phenomenal set. Every single piece serves multiple uses. We might never get our A in marksmanship, but this set sure gave us a nice boost.
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 156 157 158