2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 151 152 153 ... 156 157 158
By clearlyamule 2018-01-10 21:04:05  
Asura.Seriweri said: »
(btw why doesn´t the img tag not work...)
ffxiah hates imgur? Though I tried another site and didn't work either... so maybe ffxiah hates https?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-01-10 21:14:30  
works for me

when you post it like he did, it just names the link and doesn't show the picture.
By Afania 2018-01-10 21:42:15  
Asura.Toralin said: »
Savage blade for me is a whiff fest, i have to sacrifice slots to stack acc or the *** misses, (Ou)

Do you have a brd? If you are doing Ou you can SV too, which should cap acc.

COR needs more attack and acc buffs than other DD to dps properly. So if you are used to setting up buffs for other DD, then it may need adjustments. SV or double madrigal is must have for cor. Otherwise you'd see cor do absolutely crap damage compare with blu or other DD. Many people claim cor do 1/4 dmg of real DD on forums for that reason.

That's the main reason why I really really rarely want to play cor unless it's my own pt or pt leader is someone that cares about cor dps. For avg under buffed PUG I usually bring 2h.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-11 14:43:28  
Is the better melee cape stp or da

Just nq garbage mule cape, 3/5 adhemar samnuha hercTA hepaswords

Last few posts say stp, but is DA better when you aren't running oat weapons
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-01-11 14:58:13  
If you're just looking to use one, use STP.
By Boshi 2018-01-12 10:29:20  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

I feel like a few months ago someone did the math out in this topic and the DA cape came out on top pretty much whenever u had sam roll 7+ even with blurred+1 offhand

Sidenote: I wouldn't be surprised if dw10 won.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-12 10:32:25  
Boshi said: »

I feel like a few months ago someone did the math out in this topic and the DA cape came out on top pretty much whenever u had sam roll 7+ even with blurred+1 offhand

DW is probably the right answer, hadn't really considered that as an actual option.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-12 10:32:29  
depending the level of haste received and dual weild gear. It's a battle between DA and DW
By Afania 2018-01-12 12:34:23  

I still got STP winning in most of the situations. Considering spreadsheet overvalues white dmg da is probably worse in game. I would use it in this month's ambuscade though.

As for dw, since adhemar body has dw you would be overcapping if you tp in adhemar. It's only useful if you tp in another body or got hit with slow.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dashuto
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2018-01-13 09:24:53  
Now that Ygnas Directive is a thing, which adoulin ring is the best to pick all around for cor? Do any of them compete with garudas for Leaden? I can't afford Garuda's yet so let me know which is the best handmedown in the meantime maybe. Thanks
 Asura.Heeroyuy
By Asura.Heeroyuy 2018-01-13 09:33:42  
Quetzalcoatl.Eradius said: »
Now that Ygnas Directive is a thing, which adoulin ring is the best to pick all around for cor? Do any of them compete with garudas for Leaden? I can't afford Garuda's yet so let me know which is the best handmedown in the meantime maybe. Thanks

Get an Archon ring
Get a Garuda or Arvina +1 while working for Dingir Ring
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dashuto
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2018-01-13 09:36:04  
Asura.Heeroyuy said: »

Get an Archon ring
Get a Garuda or Arvina +1 while working for Dingir Ring

Thanks, I've got an Arvina so I'll snag the Archon. Had no clue Dingir Ring existed, haven't done Omen yet. Now I noticed that nutbar neck in there, yow!

Thanks mate
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-01-13 10:36:40  
kariyah(sp) ring proly best for salute/WF but TBH i think there is better now since archon, dinigir and regal are around, i got haverton for the max Racc and some snapshot.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-13 13:14:08  
This is my current leaden set. TBH theres not many expensive pieces (AH-able) outside of head.

ItemSet 356106

moonshade has +250TP
herc legs have INT MAB WSD
back is AGI MACC/MAD WSD

This is my current last stand set. Also minimal investment to AH items.

ItemSet 356107

moonshade has +250TP
herc head is AGI RACC/RATK WSD
herc legs are AGI RACC/RATK WSD
back is AGI RACC/RATK WSD
 Asura.Brylan
By Asura.Brylan 2018-01-13 15:06:51  
I'm having some trouble figuring out Leaden Salute. I've seen a guy hitting around 70k in Delve with it, but I'm only doing about a 1/10th of that. Any suggestions? I know I'm missing a few BIS pieces, but I can't see them jumping my damage that high. Is it my augments?

Here's my gear:
ItemSet 356109

Herc. Vest:
MND +7
MAcc +25
MAB +6
WSD +3%

Herc. Trousers:
STR +1
MAcc +9
MAB +19
WSD +2%

Camulus's Mantle:
AGI +20
MAcc/MD +10
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-13 15:08:00  
Are your buff's and subjobs identical? Food?

Both master?
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-01-13 15:13:29  
what mob in delve?
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-01-13 15:31:27  
70k is only going to be happening with Malaise and likely Acumen and a Wizard's roll. If you don't have any buffs/debuffs, you won't see much damage at all. You'll need to compare damage with the same buffs.

That being said, your augments do need work, yes. That body is very very weak, so I'd suggest a Samnuha Coat until you can get AF+3 body. Ditch the Taeon Gloves quick for Carmine finger gauntlets, HQ being preferred and cheap these days. Legs are decent, but still work on the augments. Get the extra 10 AGI on the cape, and make sure it has WSD on it. Eschan Stone or Sveltesse Gouriz +1 for belt. Grab Dingir Ring from Omen when you can. Feet are fine until you can get Relic +2/3.
By hobo 2018-01-13 15:36:57  
Well changing the vest to +3 adds 7 wsd and 15 agi, changing teaon gloves to NQ carmine gloves adds 8 agi and 23 mab. Just starting there you will see quite a bit damage difference. Not putting you at 70k obviously but 7% wsd can change a fair amount compared to 6 mab.

But it also matters what target you are aiming at. I am assuming you are not hitting the same target, many mobs take bad magic or darkness damage. Or the cracklaw takes terrible of one damage until its almost nothing and takes massive of the reverse.
 Asura.Brylan
By Asura.Brylan 2018-01-13 16:08:06  
My rolls and food are the same. I don't have GEO buffs, so maybe that's it. I'm also not master.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-13 16:11:41  
Asura.Brylan said: »
My rolls and food are the same. I don't have GEO buffs, so maybe that's it. I'm also not master.

Geo makes all the difference
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-01-13 17:40:24  
Asura.Brylan said: »

Geo makes all the difference

weather bonus from sch can also make a huge difference.
[+]
 Asura.Brylan
By Asura.Brylan 2018-01-13 18:49:15  
Thanks for all the tips! I'm already seeing a huge increase. Assuming I'm not using DM for augments, what stats should I be looking to roll, and would AF3 body beat out Herc Vest in every situation?
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-01-13 18:55:49  
MAB and WSD are the most attainable augments possible on Herculean gear. AGI is off-path so the likelihood of getting it while doing magic augments is incredibly low. Your goal for augments should be something around 25+ MAB and 3+ WSD. Perfect rolls (excluding AGI) would be 35 MAB and 5 WSD, but that's very hard to get.

AF+3 body is extremely strong because of the large boost to AGI and WSD on it. I think a literally perfect Herculean Vest or a good DM augment will beat it, but in general, AF+3 is the best.

A BiS set, excluding DM augments, would be Kaldaek's set posted earlier on this page. Only swaps would be offhanding Hepatizon Rapier +1 for per-WS damage or Blurred Knife +1 for WS frequency, and then elemental obi for dark weather/day.
[+]
 Asura.Brylan
By Asura.Brylan 2018-01-13 19:23:18  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
MAB and WSD are the most attainable augments possible on Herculean gear. AGI is off-path so the likelihood of getting it while doing magic augments is incredibly low. Your goal for augments should be something around 25+ MAB and 3+ WSD. Perfect rolls (excluding AGI) would be 35 MAB and 5 WSD, but that's very hard to get.

AF+3 body is extremely strong because of the large boost to AGI and WSD on it. I think a literally perfect Herculean Vest or a good DM augment will beat it, but in general, AF+3 is the best.

A BiS set, excluding DM augments, would be Kaldaek's set posted earlier on this page. Only swaps would be offhanding Hepatizon Rapier +1 for per-WS damage or Blurred Knife +1 for WS frequency, and then elemental obi for dark weather/day.

Alrighty, I will get to work then. Thank you very much!
By Afania 2018-01-13 21:02:07  
Now that Ygnas Directive is a thing, which adoulin ring is the best to pick all around for cor?

It depends on your playstyle and how you use cor. I melee savage blade things 80% of time and found Karieyh + 1 being the best choice. The wsd on that ring pushes savage avg higher.
By Afania 2018-01-13 23:55:02  
Been looking into ideal crit TP set for this month's ambuscade, using Hits 1/Hits 2 under Data tab on spreadsheet to check avg hits per round.

So far this is what I found to have best crit-hit per round for non-haverton users, assuming Arasy gun crit rate works on mainhand since it's ilv weapon:
ItemSet 356124

58% gear crit, 1.6 avg attack per round.

Back piece has 10% crit rate. Seems like 10 crit rate on back outperforms 10 da for crit hit build in ambuscade.

Although the avg attack/round is much lower than normal TP set(which can reach 2+ avg attack/round), it seems high crit rate +% gear still outperforms Multi attack gears. CC No.11 Rogues roll and job bonus proc should add another 31% based on bg-wiki numbers. Add merits and stat crit it's possible to get 100% crit rate on cor.
[+]
By hobo 2018-01-14 23:20:07  
Is there an easy answer for minimum racc on herc helm/legs before you can start thinking about replacing meg+2? Like is 20 enough or do you really need the 25-30?

I am blowing stones on augmenting managed agi10 racc22 ratk22 wsd3 on pants, just wanted to know how bad loosing the 27 racc (if thats proper math) was for everyday stuff
By Afania 2018-01-15 00:25:43  
hobo said: »
Is there an easy answer for minimum racc on herc helm/legs before you can start thinking about replacing meg+2? Like is 20 enough or do you really need the 25-30?

I am blowing stones on augmenting managed agi10 racc22 ratk22 wsd3 on pants, just wanted to know how bad loosing the 27 racc (if thats proper math) was for everyday stuff

Just do a /checkparam before popping the NM and see if you meet the acc requirement. swap to higher acc gears if you don't meet the requirement.

Afania said: »

I still got STP winning in most of the situations. Considering spreadsheet overvalues white dmg da is probably worse in game. I would use it in this month's ambuscade though.

As for dw, since adhemar body has dw you would be overcapping if you tp in adhemar. It's only useful if you tp in another body or got hit with slow.

Decided to make a Dex+30 crit+10 back for this month. Since I would like multiple use for it I spreadsheet and created a melee white dmg set for Amnesia or whatever situation that we can't ws as soon as hitting 1000 tp.

It turns out that crit+10 beats DA+10 for melee white damage build. swap in crit neck/Hetairoi ring/QA+3 herc hands results in 6% increase in Melee DPS, which is pretty nice against certain NM.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-01-15 05:44:41  
Afania said: »
It turns out that crit+10 beats DA+10 for melee white damage build. swap in crit neck/Hetairoi ring/QA+3 herc hands results in 6% increase in Melee DPS, which is pretty nice against certain NM.
Next level min-maxing here lol did you some how get wardrobes 5-10 already?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 151 152 153 ... 156 157 158