2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 137 138 139 ... 156 157 158
By Afania 2017-06-10 04:51:54  
Asura.Chiaia said: »
then you can manually copy/type it over to the main area?

If we can overwrite it manually that would be great actually!
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-06-10 04:55:24  
Afania said: »
then you can manually copy/type it over to the main area?

If we can overwrite it manually that would be great actually!
That is doable I think have the best of both then!

Edit: 100% doable now that I checked. So I guess there really doesn't need to be a discussion on this I'll start working on it.
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-06-10 13:07:07  
Hunter's roll is a trap!! don't do it!! I did it before and it still leaves bad taste in my mouth for sucking soooo bad.

Out of every single racc swaps that you can make, chaos roll to hunter is the last racc swap that you may want to do, unless you are already super buffed with bolster frailty and you're 100% sure that your attack is capped without it.

That's pretty much the point as my group has pretty much fulltime idris frailty/fury+4 songs brd with honor march doing pretty much only attack songs for the RNGs so pretty sure attach was capped and I felt like hunter helped more than the extra attack. I do agree with you that Chaos roll is huge and it's better to throw racc in gear if possible and that's what I do now that my gear is better.

Thanks for sharing the sets though, gives me an idea on where to go next
[+]
 Lakshmi.Veika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Veikuri
By Lakshmi.Veika 2017-06-13 21:48:36  
What do non mythic/aeonic gun users use for bullets? I don't think I can afford delve bullet long term.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-06-13 21:59:39  
Eminent or Divine, depending on availability. Orichalcum can be used for magic WS.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-13 22:28:07  
Lakshmi.Veika said: »
What do non mythic/aeonic gun users use for bullets? I don't think I can afford delve bullet long term.

Do a couple delves this month and you'll have plasm for months. With recycle you won't eat bullets that quickly (I refresh maybe once a week on my bullets). You can also get those bullets from the Curio moogle (or similar ones) if you'd rather spend gil than plasm.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-06-13 22:43:43  
Quote:
What do non mythic/aeonic gun users use for bullets?

Empy Bullets of course ! *trollface*
[+]
By Afania 2017-06-13 23:00:40  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
(I refresh maybe once a week on my bullets).

What the.......I wanted complain on the OF about cool down to generate bullets because 1hr of constant shooting run out a stack really fast. And I sure don't want to generate 5 stacks of bullet occupying inv before event because you can't do it mid runs.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-14 00:06:21  
(I refresh maybe once a week on my bullets).

What the.......I wanted complain on the OF about cool down to generate bullets because 1hr of constant shooting run out a stack really fast. And I sure don't want to generate 5 stacks of bullet occupying inv before event because you can't do it mid runs.

Stop throwing out your bullets, then...
By fillerbunny9 2017-06-14 02:28:46  
I keep 2-300 Devastatings in my Case, whatever isn't a full stack sits in my inventory until fired off. if I know I am going to be shooting a lot, I will create a stack at the start of an event/every hour thereafter.

we have both AF body and Adhemar Kecks, and both are usable in many situations. that gets you anywhere from 30-35% Recycle, 20% from CP, as well as 30% from Traits, throw in Dingir Ring if you are clearing Omen and you're hitting up to 95% Recycle. sure we're not Rangers and it's less ideal than Pouches, but an hourly refresh on them isn't so bad considering how much Recycle is available to us and they're "free" with the weapon.
By Afania 2017-06-15 02:31:27  
throwing out your bullets

Like this!
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-06-15 05:22:45  
https://youtu.be/jHgZh4GV9G0?t=1m1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gJ3mZfGuD4
[+]
By pankakes 2017-06-15 09:03:05  
fillerbunny9 said: »
I keep 2-300 Devastatings in my Case, whatever isn't a full stack sits in my inventory until fired off. if I know I am going to be shooting a lot, I will create a stack at the start of an event/every hour thereafter.

we have both AF body and Adhemar Kecks, and both are usable in many situations. that gets you anywhere from 30-35% Recycle, 20% from CP, as well as 30% from Traits, throw in Dingir Ring if you are clearing Omen and you're hitting up to 95% Recycle. sure we're not Rangers and it's less ideal than Pouches, but an hourly refresh on them isn't so bad considering how much Recycle is available to us and they're "free" with the weapon.

Proc rate caps at 90% according to BGWiki, but what you've described is between 98% and 103% total recycle as you forgot about the 8% in gifts. Point being, it should be very easy to cap recycle.
By fillerbunny9 2017-06-15 11:51:37  
pankakes said: »
fillerbunny9 said: »

Proc rate caps at 90% according to BGWiki, but what you've described is between 98% and 103% total recycle as you forgot about the 8% in gifts. Point being, it should be very easy to cap recycle.

yeah, I completely forgot to include the cap/gifts, which is worse because I was actually ON the page for Recycle to begin with. the only thing COR is really missing is Scavenge to make ammo a total non-issue - even if MEAs had an 8 hour cooldown, but I am of the opinion that what we have currently is adequate enough that an hour cooldown is acceptable.
By Afania 2017-06-15 14:49:21  
Quote:
even if MEAs had an 8 hour cooldown, but I am of the opinion that what we have currently is adequate enough that an hour cooldown is acceptable.

I have run out of them mid B & W before, with a refreshed stack. Since 1 run takes an hr and most MT group normally do multiple tries per session, multiple stacks are often required before start.

Everything else probably dont last as long though, unless your LS run event for couple of hrs and rng everything.

But 8hr cool down is too long! Gonna wake up at 3am because bullet window open, need 2 stacks for tomorrow's event!
By fillerbunny9 2017-06-15 15:13:13  
Quote:
even if MEAs had an 8 hour cooldown, but I am of the opinion that what we have currently is adequate enough that an hour cooldown is acceptable.

I have run out of them mid B & W before, with a refreshed stack. Since 1 run takes an hr and most MT group normally do multiple tries per session, multiple stacks are often required before start.

Everything else probably dont last as long though, unless your LS run event for couple of hrs and rng everything.

But 8hr cool down is too long! Gonna wake up at 3am because bullet window open, need 2 stacks for tomorrow's event!

that was IF we had Scavenge as well. as it stands, generating a stack of bullets an hour is sufficient with sacrificing a couple slots of storage leading up to an event. maintaining 2-3 slots in Wardrobe/Case/Sack/Satchel to allow for ammunition to be stored isn't the end of the world.
[+]
By Afania 2017-06-16 03:57:12  
Did someone change spreadsheet ranged dps calculation
to something closer to dps in game? I feel ranged dps on spreadsheet is lower than before and I'm not sure if it's changed, or I just do it wrong.

Anyways, just wanted to share various triple shot, sam roll, AM3 up/down tp sets after playing with it for reference. Only compared oshosi NQ with the rest.

Fomalhaut - Last stand
Attack uncapped, triple shot up, lucky +5 sam roll up

Fomalhaut - Last stand
Attack uncapped, triple shot up, no sam roll

Note 1: Due to extra stp favors multi attack, oshosi hands seems to beat adhemar +1 when sam roll is up and vice versa.

Note 2: stp back for all fomalhaut tp sets as usual.

Armageddon AM3 - last stand
attack uncapped, triple shot up, sam roll up

Note: stp ambuscade back. Its pretty interesting that COR triple shot % is so high with oshosi that stp back start to pull ahead of crit back in AM3 sets.

Armageddon AM3 - Last stand
attack uncapped, no triple shot, sam roll up.

Crit hit +10% back in AM3 triple shot down sets.

Armageddon AM3 - Last stand
attack uncapped, no triple shot, no sam roll.

Note1: I have zero idea why begrudging beats stp ring without sam roll .___., although the difference is so small.

Note2: without jerkin ambuscade +2 body is BiS for TS down AM3 tp set.

Still need to work on:
Arma - Wildfire tp sets and Arma - 4 hit no sam roll wildfire set.
Various leaden salute tp sets.

Thoughts on Oshosi(NQ) so far:

Head: BiS for fomalhaut tp with triple shot but not Arma AM3 tp due to the lack of crit-dmg.

Body: ranged accuracy swap only, doesn't seem to beat empy body with enough racc.

Hands: with TS up, beats adhemar +1 with sam roll and vice versa.

Legs: pretty much almost always BiS with TS up.

Feet: Seems to be the weakest of SU3 NQ set with enough accuracy.

So legs > head > hands = body > feet in terms of priority.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-06-16 07:50:23  
If its the copy I have been handling for months I'm the only one that touches it and I try to document everything as I release it and even started documenting it in the spreadsheet last month. Offhand I remember last update the Leaden DMG changed.

Even the gear input I have done for me is into a google spreadsheet and I take a glance at it before coping it over to try to notice any mistakes but only I've been doing any formula work/new features on it.

I had been in talks with Verda as him and byrth were trying to come up with a better model but it never got hammered out and I haven't seen him on in forever.

Edit: I'd have no problem with others that would like to work on it just no one has offered since I took over it btw. Other then the gear and that's just better to keep separate and import it imo since it lets someone (me atm) somewhat double check it and don't have to worry a formula/cell gets messed up in the process.
 Hades.Dade
サーバ: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2017-06-16 16:43:37  
Playing with spreadsheet I see Kustawi x2 over kustawi/shield but why? It seems like in Racc capped situation Ratk+5 STP+3 vs Rapidshot +7? Is it overvaluing rapidshot or am i undervaluing it in game? What level of rapidshot/snapshot does it assume?
By Afania 2017-06-16 20:03:15  
Hades.Dade said: »
Playing with spreadsheet I see Kustawi x2 over kustawi/shield but why? It seems like in Racc capped situation Ratk+5 STP+3 vs Rapidshot +7? Is it overvaluing rapidshot or am i undervaluing it in game? What level of rapidshot/snapshot does it assume?

Spreadsheet doesn't calculate firing time correctly I think, so I bet it's overvaluing it....

That being said, even if rapid shot is overvalued on spreadsheet, the biggest advantage of kustawi x2, IMO it's enmity-, since pulling hate is serious issue sometimes.
 Hades.Dade
サーバ: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2017-06-16 20:26:36  
Yea they def have value for non-SoA/Escha content just found it odd they were valued over shield and fettering for arma.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-06-17 01:07:05  
Hades.Dade said: »
What level of rapidshot/snapshot does it assume?
25% Rapid because of T1 trait.
*I need to add a lvl check cause really we have T2(30%) now and I see it was never changed before I took over.
**Anyone wondering I added T2 True Shot long ago.

0% Snapshot(1)
*Need to fill in the your job points on the Job Point sheet and it will give you 0%, 5% or 10%(1) depending how many you have and fill in the JA Gear sheet and any Flurry/Courser's Roll on the main page.
**(1) By default the sheet is set at 2100 JP because I am master and I don't have a separate sheet going for just me so it will be giving you 10% unless you set it to your points!!!

Also seems I need to put a cap of 99% activation rate cap on Rapid Shot because atm it doesn't have one.

I had added a 70% snapshot cap long ago if anyone is wondering.

Also don't rely on the Requiescat numbers it gives at all!!! I noticed a few weeks ago the math is all sorts of messed up all the way back to when Montenn had set it up. Def- on a mob actually hurts its numbers etc etc. Due to the attack penalty it has based on http://fTP.

The ranged model isn't perfect and like I had said Verda had been working on a new one but it really needed 10s of thousands of shots to get a more accurate one going.
[+]
By Afania 2017-06-17 01:32:46  
Also don't rely on the Requiescat numbers it gives at all!!!

Too late! :S
By Afania 2017-06-18 13:51:52  
Also don't rely on the Requiescat numbers it gives at all!!! I noticed a few weeks ago the math is all sorts of messed up all the way back to when Montenn had set it up. Def- on a mob actually hurts its numbers etc etc. Due to the attack penalty it has based on http://fTP.

Can you elaborate this a little bit further? Looking at the sheet atm def- on a mob does increase it's number which seems fine.
By Zyla 2017-06-20 15:17:54  
Was wondering if Aurore +1 head is still our best option for snapshot in that slot, as that is what's shown in the guide currently, or if there is a better option available? Thnx in advance.
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-06-20 15:22:56  
It's a good starting piece that you can easily get but the best item in head slot is taeon chapeau with lucky augments (up to +10 snapshot)
By Zyla 2017-06-20 15:42:05  
ok ty
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-20 15:46:07  

...I'm sorry, what were you saying again?
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-24 20:17:52  
Where can I find that print out showing the rolls potencies, don't really wanna go digging around for it, had it saved on old phone but its sadly lost at sea. Thx in advance.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-06-24 20:34:16  
Shiva.Spynx said: »
It's a good starting piece that you can easily get but the best item in head slot is taeon chapeau with lucky augments (up to +10 snapshot)
I thought snapshot augment on taeon goes to +5
First Page 2 3 ... 137 138 139 ... 156 157 158