Add Expert Rank To Guild Pattern Page.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Add Expert rank to Guild Pattern page.
Add Expert rank to Guild Pattern page.
 Asura.Kurriko
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: chasca
By Asura.Kurriko 2012-05-26 09:02:04  
Could we please have Expert Rank added to the guild page?
Currently not only can Expert people check the day's item on the website, but also some Experts are updating their GP request as Veteran meaning Veterans are getting misinformation.
[+]
 Asura.Kurriko
By Asura.Kurriko 2012-06-04 15:08:38  
Do FFXIAH staff actually read this forum then?
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2012-06-04 16:20:12  
Do experts have their own guild items?
 Valefor.Philemon
サーバ: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2012-06-04 16:21:31  
No. Same as veteran.
 Shiva.Ergiyios
サーバ: Shiva
user: Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2012-06-04 16:21:53  
Veteran & Expert share the same items, if I'm not mistaken.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2012-06-04 16:25:48  
Ok. Does an expert have to turn in different guild items than veteran for a particular day. e.g. Veteran would turn in Adept and Expert would turn in Novice. (if that makes sense to anyone)
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2012-06-04 16:26:25  
It's exactly the same as Veteran.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2012-06-04 16:27:39  
Valefor.Philemon said: »
It's exactly the same as Veteran.

hmm ok, then I'm not sure what the OP is referring to.
 Odin.Celestria
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Celestria 2012-06-04 16:28:56  
In the last month since I've been paying attention, my goldsmithing expert has almost always been able to turn in what this site reports as the veteran item. My woodworking expert is almost always different than the site reports, but I think that's more related to the woodworking GP items changing months ago and still being messed up.
[+]
 Valefor.Corvinass
user: gttld1
By Valefor.Corvinass 2012-06-06 10:07:46  
veteran and expert do NOT always share the same item.
i have found several times that expert had a different item that what was posted for veteran
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-06-06 10:09:55  
Valefor.Corvinass said: »
i have found several times that expert had a different item that what was posted for veteran

The issue isn't that veteran and expert are different, because they aren't. The issue is that the guild pattern is wrong in general. If someone hasn't posted at the bottom of the page saying what it is then I generally go and check because its quite often wrong. The pattern changed completely in an update didn't it?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2012-06-06 11:09:17  

Every time I have had that happen it turned out that the AH pattern was off.

ffrecipe had the correct one in every one of those instances.
 Valefor.Corvinass
user: gttld1
By Valefor.Corvinass 2012-06-06 12:24:42  
i was there at JP midnight and checked myself on my adept mule and my expert main. adept was shining trout and my main was told moat carp for today from fishing guild. as soon as i get 1 more lvl in fishing i will have a veteran and an expert and i will find out i guess.

i have also seen several times with cooking the item they want isnt even on the list
 Bismarck.Rosalee
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2012-06-06 12:36:10  
i was there at JP midnight and checked myself on my adept mule and my expert main. adept was shining trout and my main was told moat carp for today from fishing guild. as soon as i get 1 more lvl in fishing i will have a veteran and an expert and i will find out i guess.

i have also seen several times with cooking the item they want isnt even on the list

Expert uses the same items as Veteran rank. There is no new Expert cycle for guild items.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: khrnos
By Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos 2012-06-06 12:50:25  
Expert and Veteran guild items are the same, I'm 99.99% sure of that. As others have already stated, the issue is with the pattern.
Usually when you go to the ffxiah page for the old guild item, someone will have posted what the new one is. This is only sometimes though.

On that note it would be helpful if people can take the time to post the change if it has changed and no one else has already done so.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2012-06-06 14:35:45  
To confirm, the guild items are NOT all correct on FFXIAH since they changed it some months ago. This would explain the confusion brought on by the OP. I have been getting a decent amount of reports (thanks). At some point, I made corrections to the guild items but I just realized I was doing it wrong and made the guild items list on FFXIAH less accurate. :( I saved an old copy of the guild items and rolled it back just now.

When looking at reports, I check FFRecipe to confirm but they sometimes contradict the reports. I can't determine if FFRecipe hasn't updated that particular item yet or there is an error in the reporting (or both?). Remember when reporting, I ask for your rank, not the rank of the item being turned in.

I may just dump my entire guild item data on a spreadsheet and let people look at it and make changes (or laugh). I would like to get this guild pattern straightened out. The data is sort of 3 dimensional, (guild, rank, pattern) => item
[+]
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2012-06-06 15:00:22  
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkrmEj7kMbzkdFhLRUJ0N1pLUEpZQzdyODlHYnpBZUE&pli=1#gid=0

If anyone wants to bite.
 Asura.Kurriko
By Asura.Kurriko 2012-06-08 08:01:03  
Thanks for the reply, good to know they are the same. As you said, it was probably the confusion of the patterns being off leading to my OP. I know on several occasions I submitted the expert rank item for fishing, and saw by the submition history that others had been submitting the same item, but something else being put up. I was sure I had seen on more than one occasion two different fish for veteran being submitted on the same day, but I guess I was mistaken.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2012-06-20 13:55:36  
Necrobump!

I have noticed there are a lot of items thrown in there we cannot report because they are not an option on the dropdown report list. It would be much better if you could change that to an item box that pops up items as you type in the name.