フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 332 333 334 ... 445 446 447
 Asura.Ziasquinn
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ziasquinn
By Asura.Ziasquinn 2017-11-16 13:53:07  
Is there any value in setting up a gear swap so if you have tizona AM3 up it switches some of your gear off TA to STP? I imagine there is probably a slight decrease in overall DPS, but if I wanna push up above roughly 100~ TP a hit (for the overflow after WS use).

Right now I have about 101 TP a hit but would be interested in being able to push that higher, simply because for post WS TP (usually lands at like 187 or something) to help fill up the gap.

Edit:
A guy messaged me in game after and we talked about it and after doing some testing It's definitely not worth dropping out on TA for like, 4-6 more TP per hit.
 Asura.Mirlikovir
user: eoz41
By Asura.Mirlikovir 2017-11-17 13:35:58  
Someone knows if Luhlaza charuqs +3 got a more powerfull benefit on Diffusion, or if it's the same as the +1?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-17 13:36:49  
same according to stamos, but pretty sure none of the augments have increased effects
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2017-11-17 15:47:41  
Asura.Ziasquinn said: »
Is there any value in setting up a gear swap so if you have tizona AM3 up it switches some of your gear off TA to STP? I imagine there is probably a slight decrease in overall DPS, but if I wanna push up above roughly 100~ TP a hit (for the overflow after WS use).

Right now I have about 101 TP a hit but would be interested in being able to push that higher, simply because for post WS TP (usually lands at like 187 or something) to help fill up the gap.

Edit:
A guy messaged me in game after and we talked about it and after doing some testing It's definitely not worth dropping out on TA for like, 4-6 more TP per hit.

Short answer is no.

I generally swap for more STP when I'm capped haste. Otherwise any notable changes would hurt your DPS considerably with our current gear options. Even with capped haste, I only roll the Belt, Cape and Earrings.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2017-11-20 10:09:35  
I am currently using 2 Nibiru cudgels for AOE, is there a better option?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-11-20 10:10:26  
Not really.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-20 10:47:32  
Unless it stops you from 1 or 2 shotting, I would rate capped Vampirism as much better. 14 additional Fast Cast for spell recast is nice.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2017-11-22 03:56:44  
With the newest armors around, I was wondering what BiS Requiescat, CDC and Savage Blade looked like.
[+]
By Darksparksnot 2017-11-22 07:25:18  
Whats new?
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2017-11-22 08:09:09  
Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said: »
With the newest armors around, I was wondering what BiS Requiescat, CDC and Savage Blade looked like.

The same gear that is sitting on the front page. The only things of note added in recent months have been Relic +2/3 Feet and +2 Ayanmo - neither of which shook anything up.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2017-11-24 07:59:11  
fillerbunny9 said: »

The same gear that is sitting on the front page. The only things of note added in recent months have been Relic +2/3 Feet and +2 Ayanmo - neither of which shook anything up.
Thanks, I hadn't seen any changes, so I wasn't sure if that meant no changes were necessary; or just that no one could or had bothered to update.
By Boshi 2017-11-27 15:12:02  
feet:
jhak+2: STR+25 MND+21, dex+28 acc42 att42
AF+3: STR+22 MND+22, dex+34 acc+55 attack+38, SCbonus+10
Relic+3: STR+22 MND+22, dex+34 acc+36 attack+86

Technically feet are basically like a 50ish attack upgrade for your super sweet requiescat set.(and realm) great use of funds.

all the base stats str/mnd/ect same exact values as AF+3 feet so they're basically acc -19 attack+48 vs af+3 feet:
so these are prob best for physical spells if you're using them without Chain Affinity.

again, super good use of funds.
[+]
By Takisan 2017-12-01 12:10:08  

Ilabrat ring so far as my spreadsheet is telling me is better than Epona's for CDC so I use that. Dream set still shows epona's/Begrudging. Maybe depends on what is goin on in your tp set.
By Takisan 2017-12-02 02:31:22  
Asura.Ziasquinn said: »

Edit:

Page 284
Quetzalcoatl.Excalin said: »
After doing some updates to my BLM LUA I decided to combine what I had there with what I did yesterday on my Blue to make:
Code
function job_buff_change(status,gain_or_loss)
   handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
   if (gain_or_loss) then  
     add_to_chat(4,'------- Gained Buff: '..status..'-------')
     if status == "Aftermath: Lv.3" then
        add_to_chat(4,'------- AM3 Mode -------')
        job_update(cmdParams, eventArgs)
            if not midaction() then handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
            end
     end
     if status == "KO" then
        add_to_chat('GAME OVER')
     end
   else
     add_to_chat(3,'------- Lost Buff: '..status..'-------')
     if status == "Aftermath: Lv.3" then
        add_to_chat(4,'------- Normal Mode -------')
        job_update(cmdParams, eventArgs)
            if not midaction() then handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
            end
     end
   end
 end

I coded mine and it werks and I <3s it.
By Boshi 2017-12-19 18:06:49  
Silly question but,

How should I be equiping for Circle Blade

Mainly asking wsd vs multiattack
By Boshi 2017-12-26 15:34:11  
Boshi said: »
Silly question but,
How should I be equiping for Circle Blade
Mainly asking wsd vs multiattack

nvm just realized circle on spreadsheet:
ItemSet 355710

UNRELATED: further note on relic+3 feet:
they have INT+22 (unless it's a typo in NA version). INT kind of a rare state on feet. This actually makes the relic feet very strong for Expiacion (same reason jhakri+1/+2 feet help up better than other non-hands pieces for expi vs herc str/wsd aug)

vs base herc: str+6 dex+10 int+22 acc+26 attack+76 ta-2%
 Valefor.Nectorus
user: Nectorus
By Valefor.Nectorus 2017-12-31 20:29:34  
Hello everyone, Been away for a year from the game and have started to come back. Been looking at the guides and I need some help.

What would be best upgrades for my current gear to help me deal with the content for hrec gear and other pieces.

TP
ItemSet 355843
Rawhide vest is on path D and he Qaaxo are rank 1 path A
CDC SC
ItemSet 355844

THx for the help ahead of time.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-12-31 22:37:07  
If you're relying on soloing with trusts and the occasional shout group for items, you're gonna need to go a lot slower than if you had a geared group of people ready to help.

First things first will be your weapons. 2x nibiru blades on Path A from Nosoi (Zitah T2) will hold you over for quite some time. Your eventual goal, barring RMEA, will be a tanmogayi +1 (Sarama, Unity) and a Colada (Ironside, Reisen T2). Weapons are top priority, and Nibiru Blades will give you a large bump in accuracy compared to your current combination, which should help ease you into higher content.

Second major priority is working on your Ambuscade capes. You should be able to do Volume two fights rather simply with shout groups, and these capes are completely irreplaceable for so many uses. First choice should be DEX/acc/atk/Crit for CDC and TP. There's a ton more you can build, but that should be your first.

I wrote a long post about gearing up about a year ago over here http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/49539/new-blu-needing-advice-on-equip-sets#3202527. Your best bet would be to tackle the content you're capable of doing now and focus on the DD items so that you can come back and get your utility/magic items once you're geared up.

There's some stuff missing that might help you out, such as Taeon Tights and Boots from Yorcia Alluvion, but those require you to put in time and money on augments to make them great. They're decent stopgaps to better options, but don't bankrupt yourself on augments. If you have any other questions on pieces not mentioned or anything else, feel free to ask in the thread.
 Valefor.Yandaime
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2017-12-31 22:42:41  
I can solo Sarama for you to help you along faster.

Mortlock, Asura
 Valefor.Nectorus
By Valefor.Nectorus 2018-01-01 11:22:16  
hmm might have to change to Asura.
Thx a lot, many of my old time friends don't log in anymore.
 Valefor.Nectorus
By Valefor.Nectorus 2018-01-01 11:43:10  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
There's some stuff missing that might help you out, such as Taeon Tights and Boots from Yorcia Alluvion
I do have the boots with +11 ACC and +2 WS acc
Don't have the hands or legs, do have the others.

I thought my Qaaxo Legs on path A were good they are lvl 1 and have a +1 attack and evasion aug on them.

My Qaaxo hands are max rank with +15 attack +2 DBL atk and evasion +15.

also have the Iuitl hands, head, Feet and had wanted to +1 them. can these help?
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-01-01 15:56:22  
Don't worry about Taeon hands, just move straight to Adhemar from Ru'Aun, as they'll hold you until Herculean and there's no random augments.

Qaaxo Tights are okay but you want to replace them soon as they have zero accuracy and BLU has moved on from Double Attack to Triple Attack as the primary MA stat.

Qaaxo hands are okay for now, just get to Adhemar ASAP.

Iuitl are 100% not worth it anymore. If you have the capability of getting a Rawhide Vest, you should be able to handle Ru'Aun T1s and pick up a lot of neat toys there.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-01-01 16:15:15  
rawhide b and d in the case of body/feet are decent pickups. you can get a pair of legs and do b, then swap the augment to d later down the line too.
By Boshi 2018-01-02 08:28:14  
nq windbuffet should be a better tp belt than twilight.

for cdc itself:
The biggest upgrade would be getting fotia belt and moonshade earring (tpbonus +250). both pre-ilvl content.
For the neck also you can get fotia.

Otherwise generally yea go for rawhide stuff then move to herc.
Adhemar hands, herc feet are 2 of the more useful pieces.
Petrov Ring can go on to replace Raja.

You could do some merit fights for:
Ginsen (tp ammmo upgrade)
Cessance (solid tp ear, you don't wanna be using the red pair anymore)

Note:
When people mention -any- armor they're pretty much assuming going to rank15 fully auged is no big deal when they mention the piece.

Taeon is not worth your time and money to upgrade at the moment. When people mention it they mean near max augs (acc20/att20/strdex7/ta2%). ---although the legs actually hold up very well to modern day ***.
 Cerberus.Mindi
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2018-01-02 08:37:28  
Is Almace AG worth it or it is absoluty blown away by mythic AG?

Wondering which weapon to upgrate. They both would Cost about the same here. +/- some millions. While one is just Trading things.
My Almace is already LV 90 so it would be "Just" getting the items while Mythic still have alot of Work where I am not sure I want to do it. Nyzul and Einherjar Points i have,but half the assaults and then all those trials. Ugh.
I will probably just slowly do one of them atm, then we do another AG for my husband. Currently i use 2 Colada.
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2018-01-02 08:55:43  
Cerberus.Mindi said: »
Is Almace AG worth it or it is absoluty blown away by mythic AG?

Wondering which weapon to upgrate. They both would Cost about the same here. +/- some millions. While one is just Trading things.
My Almace is already LV 90 so it would be "Just" getting the items while Mythic still have alot of Work where I am not sure I want to do it. Nyzul and Einherjar Points i have,but half the assaults and then all those trials. Ugh.
I will probably just slowly do one of them atm, then we do another AG for my husband. Currently i use 2 Colada.

Most people I see (myself included) are using Almace/Sequence combo (Almace/Good Colada works well also). Tizona shines when you need mp but for a straight up zerg it's probably comparable to ALmace, just different. Tizona's claim to fame is the multi attack, but it's just not as impressive now with all the multi attack we have on our gear, so ALmace may actually be a better DD option in many situations and not have to worry about using a ws other than cdc to keep up aftermath.

Now if you happened to have TIzona and Almace that's a win, but since you already have almace at 90, may as well finish it and maybe think about Tizona later. ALthough, you're just now getting into the money stage, so there's that...
 Leviathan.Kaparu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2018-01-02 09:04:57  
I'd check into the Raetic thread. Have no information on it personally, but two LS members headed up the testing on the sword and are under the impression that coupled with Tizona it's about as good as BLU gets for shorter duration fights
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2018-01-02 10:16:52  
Tizona's usefulness can also depend on if you will be able to maintain AM3 (fights like Onychophora are not really conducive to dropping an Expiacion in the middle of a bunch of Savage Blades). when you CAN use it, Expiacion with the buff from Tizona is (or was) about on par with Savage Blade, so we are also not talking about a "wasted" weaponskill to maintain AM3. I love mine to death, but there are times where it is just not the best weapon. I would say that for MOST situations out there, maintaining AM3 is a non-issue with how quickly you gain TP, and it completely changes the way you manage MP if you need to be casting a fair bit while you fight. if you can only do one, I would personally say go Almace, +50 DEX for both TP and WS is nice, CDC is strong and you'll likely see a more pronounced effect wielding that with a Sequence or Raetic offhand. the big thing with BLU is versatility, and we need a bit of that even down to weapon choice depending on the fights we are going into.
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2018-01-02 17:36:13  
Personally, Tizona can be pretty OP if you gear it well.

Expiacion can out DD CDC (Issue is that it doesn't skillchain with itself, but other than that, its better DMG output than CDC).
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 332 333 334 ... 445 446 447