フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 233 234 235 ... 445 446 447
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-11-29 22:32:28  

Only did a few stones. Did try a Dark Matter but got the worst augments possible. But, a decent stop-gap before next update. Beats Nibiru easily.

On my Dark Matter try, got Mdmg +13, Resist Petrify +10, and pet int +10 lol
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-29 23:05:01  
Dropped about 800 into my Coladas so far with pretty horendous results. These swords can be superb, but the augmenting system requiring the stars to align and all the deities to bless you simultaneously is far too much of a hassle.

First time I'll say this, but I'd suggest ignoring these swords, even though they're our current best, and instead focusing on Tizona/Almace. Their upgraded versions will be massively ahead of everything else. This is, of course, assuming you plan on building them, anyways. Otherwise, dual Coladas will be your best choices.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-11-29 23:28:42  
Yeah, going to get another Colada for Magic to replace Nibiru Clubs and offhand Almace. Need 49 Cinders to finish
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-29 23:52:55  
Yeah, I'm in the process of converting my Coladas to magic, but even that requires luck. You need good INT and macc/MAB for them to win. However, you can get Refresh +1 on each, so that in itself could easily justify the weapons.

This augment system wasn't too terrible when dealing with armor, but when adding that fifth variable in the form of damage to the weapons, I just can't handle it. I'm okay with the grind, but I really hate RNG grinds. So, started Tizona and Almace, and look forward to hating myself for the next month while I work on them non-stop.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-11-30 00:01:48  
I did VW spam off and on when I was home this week (perfect timing with the holidays...), and I have to agree with FS: I'd have rather started a second Tizona. The grind for plates and cinders is ***; Salvage etc is downright therapeutic by comparison. Wish I could've gotten more done but I'm not sure my sanity would have permitted it regardless.

I've completely given up on trying to track optimized builds with the Reisenjima armor augments, especially with dark matter augments entering the fray. Why they thought this was a sensible approach to gearing is simply beyond me.
By geigei 2015-11-30 01:15:56  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
However, you can get Refresh +1 on each

Refresh+2 on colada.
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-11-30 01:17:23  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
I did VW spam off and on when I was home this week (perfect timing with the holidays...), and I have to agree with FS: I'd have rather started a second Tizona.

Thirded, I'm really sad this campaign is ending tonight.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-30 01:37:14  
geigei said: »
However, you can get Refresh +1 on each

Refresh+2 on colada.

Is this with Dark Matter, or Fern stones?
By geigei 2015-11-30 01:41:19  
Fern, i was hoping for burst, got it twice while doing nuke sword before i switched to melee path.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-30 01:42:26  
Very interesting. Shame we can't get max macc/MAB with Fern, but +4 refresh is superb for pure idle/weapon swapping scenarios.
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-11-30 02:07:41  
geigei said: »
Fern, i was hoping for burst, got it twice while doing nuke sword before i switched to melee path.

Did you manage to see Burst Damage at all? Out of the stones I threw at it, I didn't see it show up.
By geigei 2015-11-30 02:30:34  
No burst sadly, did quite a few stones.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-11-30 02:36:25  
Saw enhancing magic duration, Cure potency, Refresh, MDMG ugh
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-11-30 07:22:55  
Not a fan of these augments... I'm just putting all my effort in to finishing my Tizona now. Luckily I already got my 1500 HMP and my Almace is already 95.
By Takisan 2015-11-30 18:14:18  
XD
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Sylph.Gobbo said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
I did VW spam off and on when I was home this week (perfect timing with the holidays...), and I have to agree with FS: I'd have rather started a second Tizona.

Thirded, I'm really sad this campaign is ending tonight.

It helped a little with Cinders, but in terms of HMPs, all you have to do now is have a BLM and BLU duo everything since once HV proc is pretty much a capped red, and you can fume every 30 seconds.

If you have a party of 6 PUGs and some people are useful then you won't see a difference from this campaign. Unless you were displacer spam and killing.

Dear SE,

Everyone agrees with me.

DualWield Tizonas please.

Love,
FS

AMG if only we could dual wield Tizona *not just the lockstyle*

BTW: got some pretty hawt augments for herc gloves and boots.
Gloves: dex 11, acc 30, attack 4, crit hit rate 2%
Boots 1: dex 5, acc 29, attack 8, dual wield 5
Boots 2: dex 14, acc 38, attack 23, magic dmg taken -3%

Got all with taupe stones

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-30 18:40:00  
Those 15 hours could have been spent on plates. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-30 23:14:16  
That's hurtful, man.

In other news, everybody pray for some good campaigns this month, because HMP farming without capped lights is suffering.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-12-01 00:32:20  
That's hurtful, man.

In other news, everybody pray for some good campaigns this month, because HMP farming without capped lights is suffering.

With trusts and being able to fume them like non-stop, it isn't bad
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-01 00:54:58  
I got spoiled with the campaign. Now I have to actually do things instead of mindlessly press a CDC macro. First world problems.
[+]
 Sylph.Staleyx
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-12-01 03:21:15  
I should have been farming aello for glowy swords. I always had the best luck with her on plates to.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-12-01 05:22:02  
That's hurtful, man.

It is suffering even with capped lights :/ At least, in salvage, you are sure you are gonna get 75 alex average from your linen pouch, plus the 100% drop singles you bother to farm, so it is basically more satisfying (although VW is potentially more profitable). VW, on the other hand, is a garbage fest.

Also, I have actually found more pouches in this campaign from Aello pops where I didn't use rubicund cells. Of course, there is no evidence to be taken from eyeballing and I do know you can't get both a pouch and an equipment drop from one chest, so I am almost sure it is only coincidence, but still... it would be nice to know if I could just skip the cell part.

They have never confirmed anything regarding how much the rubicund cells effect the hmp drop rates, have they?
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-12-02 01:46:22  
Question about the Relic feet: to receive the enhanced duration on Diffusion do you need to equip them before using Diffusion, or do you need to keep them equipped (midcast) while casting the spell you want to diffuse?
By geigei 2015-12-02 02:15:36  
90% sure you need to midcast them, cant test now.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-12-02 02:26:06  
Do it please geigei! Would really apreciate knowing for sure if they just require Precast on JA use or Midcast on spell casting.

On a side note: I'm helping a close friend who recently returned after 1-2 years of break (he quit shortly after SoA release, he only has some 110 delve pieces and 113 weapons).
Anybody mind giving me some guidance on priorities for his gear? I'm gonna carry him around to get him gear but I'm not really sure how to guide him through these first weeks (once I get him some gear I'm sure he'll be able to get the rest on his own).
Atm I let him get Eminent Scimitar and Homestead Blade so he has 2x 117 weapons.
What should I get him next?

Was thinking on a few Rawhide pieces. Body and feet mostly, maybe Legs and Head too (idle?).
Aside from Body/Feet they might not be ideal, but it's surely better than what he has now, and the good part is that I can solo all those NMs for him. I'm not sure I'd be able to solo Alluvion Yorcia or Original Yorcia. Plus quite honestly that would be way more work than killing NMs in Zi'tah.
Eventually I want to get him some Taeon/Helios pieces but I'm gonna have to ask more people to help him because I can't do that solo and it's annoying.

Another thing I could easily carry him around for are the BCs to get REM tales 1-5. Is there any mandatory/required job-enhancing piece from the AF/Relic/Empy armours?
I could spot the relic feet for their Diffusion enhancement, what else?
Please leave aside pieces which are too specific, we're so behind that we need to prioritize really important gear before thinking about fine-tuning.

I'm gonna do lots of Rem tales 1-5 for him regardless though. His other job is RDM and I want to get him a lot of those pieces, especially 5/5 Empy.
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-12-02 02:33:35  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Do it please geigei! Would really apreciate knowing for sure if they just require Precast on JA use or Midcast on spell casting.

On a side note: I'm helping a close friend who recently returned after 1-2 years of break (he quit shortly after SoA release, he only has some 110 delve pieces and 113 weapons).
Anybody mind giving me some guidance on priorities for his gear? I'm gonna carry him around to get him gear but I'm not really sure how to guide him through these first weeks (once I get him some gear I'm sure he'll be able to get the rest on his own).
Atm I let him get Eminent Scimitar and Homestead Blade so he has 2x 117 weapons.
What should I get him next?

Was thinking on a few Rawhide pieces. Body and feet mostly, maybe Legs and Head too (idle?).
Aside from Body/Feet they might not be ideal, but it's surely better than what he has now, and the good part is that I can solo all those NMs for him. I'm not sure I'd be able to solo Alluvion Yorcia or Original Yorcia. Plus quite honestly that would be way more work than killing NMs in Zi'tah.
Eventually I want to get him some Taeon/Helios pieces but I'm gonna have to ask more people to help him because I can't do that solo and it's annoying.

Another thing I could easily carry him around for are the BCs to get REM tales 1-5. Is there any mandatory/required job-enhancing piece from the AF/Relic/Empy armours?
I could spot the relic feet for their Diffusion enhancement, what else?
Please leave aside pieces which are too specific, we're so behind that we need to prioritize really important gear before thinking about fine-tuning.

I'm gonna do lots of Rem tales 1-5 for him regardless though. His other job is RDM and I want to get him a lot of those pieces, especially 5/5 Empy.

Sechs if you need any help to get your friend stuff let me know (I know most things you probably do not need help on but anything you think you might holler). Idm helping out. :)
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-02 06:29:38  
Relic feet must be equipped on midcast for the bonus.

As for AF pieces:
Mandatory: Relic feet, Empy feet.
Highly useful: AF body, relic head, Empy body, empy hands, empy legs.
Niche uses: AF hands, AF feet, relic body, relic hands, empy head.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 233 234 235 ... 445 446 447