users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Bazaars in Rolanberry
Bazaars in Rolanberry
 Asura.Volition
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Volition
By Asura.Volition 2008-04-24 23:31:26  
Now Im sure this is common on every server, there being a bunch of people bazaaring in Rolanberry Fields. I was wondering if its possible to have what people are selling scanned possibly by whatever method you use to scan the auction house or just someone afking there checking each individual? It could have its own section on the website and updated each hour, so its not too much of a drain on the system.
 Ramuh.Rikapi
Premium
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rikapi
By Ramuh.Rikapi 2008-04-25 02:28:24  
I'm amused that some servers use Rolanberry, and some use Batallia (fyi, Ramuh uses Batallia) but no server seems to use Sauromugue... is it because Sauromugue opens too narrowly right outside Jeuno?

I'm one to believe that bazaar sales are not logged by SE at all until the item gets sold, as opposed to AH where the item gets logged the moment someone puts it up for sale (I heard somewhere that all AH transactions for all servers are on a specific non-game server, but don't count me on whether or not that's true)... and the admins here miraculously pick up the Jeuno AH transaction feed like an RSS feed or something. (god that was a run-on sentence if any...)

Which would mean, I don't think there is a way to "tap in" and check the contents of every bazaar in a given area unless you use the "someone checking each person" methond -- and you know, I'm sure that the admins here (as well as SE) would consider that a bot. Frankly, I rather go check all of the bazaars myself and have this site to use, than to have the admins here breaking their own anti-bot ethics code and risking a cease-and-desist of this site.
 Ramuh.Montek
user: Montek
By Ramuh.Montek 2008-04-25 06:36:13  
I sure wish there were some rules for the mess of Bazaars. Those people need to line up or something. Ever try to look through them all? I get confused about which one I've looked at which I haven't. LOL
[+]
 Pandemonium.Kaela
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kaela 2008-04-25 13:15:54  
In Pandemonium we use Sauromugue for our Bazaars, in fact before reading this I just assumed everyone used Sauromugue as a trend started by RMT or end gamers. But idk Ive only been playing 3 1/2 years and those bazaars have been there longer than I have.
 Ramuh.Rikapi
Premium
user: Rikapi
By Ramuh.Rikapi 2008-04-26 01:22:07  
Kaela said:
I just assumed everyone used Sauromugue as a trend started by RMT or end gamers. But idk Ive only been playing 3 1/2 years and those bazaars have been there longer than I have.

The trend to bazaar right outside Jeuno was started by users as a means to circumvent the addition of duties to bazaars while you're inside the city of Jeuno.... since I got curious as to just how long ago they added the taxes and looked it up -- the taxes in Jeuno were from the 12/19/2002 patch, so yeah, the bazaars have been around longer than any NA/EU version user.

I'm now curious as to which servers use which area... goona go make me a thread in the off topic board. >_<
 Bahamut.Scojo
サーバ: Bahamut
user: ScoJo
By Bahamut.Scojo 2008-05-10 16:55:50  
I didn't see any bazaars outside Jeuno on Bahamut until after the patch in February 24, 2005 that added more specific search comment categories and the ability to save your comment in a macro.

Within a month or so, the crowd of bazaars moved from the Guide Stones in Jeuno to Rolanberry Fields with most of them featuring their wares in their search comments using the newly-added item-for-sale subcatagory.

{tax} {Evasion Bonus} FTW!