FFXIVPro Dead?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIVPro.com » Suggestions » FFXIVPro dead?
FFXIVPro dead?
By Jadi 2012-03-15 11:35:02  
I'm a long time user and I've got to ask.. are you guys still working on this site? 1.21 has been out for a while now and... things here seem way out of date compared to other sites out there.. (such as m*****box.com) Sorry to ask, it's probably answered somewhere.

What are your future plans for pro and XIV support?
By astoy05 2012-03-15 11:47:47  
Good question

Also, was I not supposed to mention that m*****box.com site in the other thread? Oh well I already did
By Jadi 2012-03-15 11:51:32  
Baby Jebus said: »
Good question

Also, was I not supposed to mention that m*****box.com site in the other thread? Oh well I already did

there are two that are really up to date ~pads is another.. none of them have an FFXI version.. all the older more established XI/XIV sites seem to be way behind like z**, and ~pedia..

Hope Pro doesn't go the way of ffxi.somepage.com..
By eagleeyes 2012-03-15 15:25:50  
This site/portal doesn't get as much traffic compared to FFXIAH, which is where Matthew Michael and Dorian has most of their attention.

It will update soon enough.

Though it's a bit silly you don't mention mooglebox.com
whatever happen to internet censorship being bad?
By Jadi 2012-03-15 15:42:04  
Don't want to be rude and promote another site here.. thats all.
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-03-15 15:42:25  
I would think it is a bit tricky, given since its inception FFXIV changed their crafting recipes a couple of times already (complete overhaul first of crystal requirements, then the later "simplified" recipes.)

If I were Scragg, I'd balk at the amount of DB overhaul required to keep up with that crafting side of the site (which is designed to be a large "draw" to the FFXIVPro website.) :p
By Jadi 2012-03-15 15:45:15  
Fenrir.Schutz said: »
I would think it is a bit tricky, given since its inception FFXIV changed their crafting recipes a couple of times already (complete overhaul first of crystal requirements, then the later "simplified" recipes.)

If I were Scragg, I'd balk at the amount of DB overhaul required to keep up with that crafting side of the site (which is designed to be a large "draw" to the FFXIVPro website.) :p

Thats true, but.. all the recipes should be final now with minor changes patch to patch since most of the changes from the mess at release to what it will be in the future are implemented. The rest I think is just content and the game engine. You can't even see what jobs can wear gear here on Pro.. it makes it hard to look stuff up here.
By Reikouki 2012-03-15 17:14:01  
I'm totally up for updating databases if they need help, oddly enough I enjoy that...

But I've been wondering the same thing, I end up searching quite a bit to find accurate recipes. Although the Lodestone has everything, I don't care for their UI or setup.
By Crystainn 2012-03-15 17:31:33  
If you are gonna try to contact them do it on FFXIah, I dont think they get on pro very often. Which is sad cause we need more fan websites dedicated to FFXIV information, since its actually gettings a playerbase now. Even Gamerescape and ZAM is updated rarely.

But at least Fusionx and the team over there at gamerescape try their best, we can commend them for that.
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-03-15 17:58:23  
FFXIAH and FFXIVPro are connected. The only thing different is your navigation and interface.
By lvicious 2012-03-15 18:32:25  
try http://disciplesoftheland.com/

Kida keeps it updated. In fact he just did an update on 12th and more is coming soon. He posted about the update on the index page.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-15 21:17:55  
The lack of a solid wiki is really irritating.
[+]
By Jadi 2012-03-15 21:53:53  
Reikouki said: »
I'm totally up for updating databases if they need help, oddly enough I enjoy that...

But I've been wondering the same thing, I end up searching quite a bit to find accurate recipes. Although the Lodestone has everything, I don't care for their UI or setup.

Well as it's been mentioned before we have mooglebox.com out there, it has accurate recipes and tells you where you can get mats from npc's. Pro should probably replace one of the links like YG with Moogle. It would be nice to see Pro get the auction house listings working for XIV now I'm sure that alone would rejuvenate the site.
By eagleeyes 2012-03-15 22:23:24  
Jadi Kama said: »
Reikouki said: »

Well as it's been mentioned before we have mooglebox.com out there, it has accurate recipes and tells you where you can get mats from npc's. Pro should probably replace one of the links like YG with Moogle. It would be nice to see Pro get the auction house listings working for XIV now I'm sure that alone would rejuvenate the site.

Problem is they're going to have to figure out how the current AH works internally if they want the same or similar functionality of FFXIAH and honestly it's not worth the time till the new server architecture has been released for XIV.

Not to mention the load from this site would just cause extra strain on the wards. Something which the servers don't need at all.
By Nayito 2012-03-16 06:12:28  
http://mozk-tabetai.com/

here's a very nice page that is very updated.
though it would be nice to have all this info in here rather than in other places
By Kyri 2012-03-16 12:36:17  
I liked mooglebox and I use it a lot because its updated but its sad that ran by one man he keeps it updated better then the sites ive been using since my XI days. I will say I dont like the current interface on mooglebox, I prefer the last one. Gimmie back my pro <3 Wiki too! And I <3 u fusion! *steals fusion to go do raids*
By Kyri 2012-03-16 12:39:29  
Also that mozk site looks cool but i notice it cuts off a lot with no way to scroll down ; ; (looking through patch stuff)
By eagleeyes 2012-03-16 12:46:55  
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Well we have Gamerscape, the community just has to use it.
Eorzeapedia
[+]
By astoy05 2012-03-16 12:58:32  
Eagleeyes Siren said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Well we have Gamerscape, the community just has to use it. Eorzeapedia

This^

The community really doesn't write guides or update info in the sites we currently have. Part of it though, is that you really don't need that kind of support as much in this game. You have a journal which holds your hand throughout each quest you do. Conversely, I remember starting up ffxi after the game had been around for 5-6 years and thinking how the hell would I play this game without ffxiclopedia (or whatever its called now).

I think the only things I personally use sites like the ones already mentioned for is recipes, and comparing gear while leveling because I prefer MB to browsing the market ward item search function.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-16 13:22:45  
Well it was always nice going onto wiki and reading up on fight testimonies so you know how many people you might need/at what lvls. Trying to see if I can solo a quest, and then can't is waste of my time lol.
By eagleeyes 2012-03-16 13:28:35  
Yes Mooglebox became popular because it updated in a timely manner and by word of mouth by players. If you want Eorzeapedia to grow edit an article, add in drop %, write down battle strategies. Most important, share it to other players/friends on your server.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-16 13:55:30  
I see.. I don't usually edit stuff on wiki unless there is a really bad mistake or I'm bored lol. If Eorzopedia is what people are gonna use I'll try and update whatever I can, but I hope it doesn't turn into what FFXI situation is atm with 3 different wiki....
By Jadi 2012-03-16 16:14:59  
Eorzeapedia is a bit slow, maybe in render or data transfer I'm not sure.. the site lags tho for me. There is still a lot of useful and relevant data up there though.