Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 503 504 505 ... 831 832 833
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-10-11 02:03:42  
Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta said: »
Does anyone have an improved method for encountering pirates on the Selbina/Mhaura ship? Like.. if they haven't spawned after 4 minutes, they won't, so warp to the other port town and catch the next ship?

If I recall, there is only one ferry that goes back and forth. So warping and porting to the next town really does nothing, except cost you gil, because you have to pay to get back onto the ferry, vs letting the ride end, and just reboarding.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2017-10-11 02:09:46  
..how did I not know that.
 Bahamut.Baronton
サーバ: Bahamut
user: baronton
By Bahamut.Baronton 2017-10-11 02:16:07  
Not sure if you know the trick to know if they are coming, but right after the CS of the boat leaving the dock, IF pirates are going to come on that trip, you will be able to target the doors immediately (or nearly immediately). If they are not coming, it takes a few seconds.

Also, I have been checking each trip, warping to do other stuff for 15 minutes, and then catching the boat again (but you will have to pay to board each time as mentioned above.

There is a Vana'diel Timepiece App you can get on your phone, and it has timers for when the boats will arrive and depart. Helps me greatly so I don't miss them.

Just my 2 cents
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2017-10-11 03:04:45  
Forgot about the door thing. Thanks!
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-10-11 15:25:19  
How much mevasion should one go for? I know it varies per job, with heavy jobs having way less. Also, do you go full meva? Or do you mix in DT? I've been mixing in DT into my meva toggle, but not sure if I should be going for a full resist instead of DT in some slots.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-11 15:54:47  
Gunna vary alot by situation and experience since we don't really have exact numbers to get resist like we did on mobs we fought for years back in the day. Generally on dmg focus on dt first then meva/hp
By anik 2017-10-11 17:20:49  
clearlyamule said: »
Gunna vary alot by situation and experience since we don't really have exact numbers to get resist like we did on mobs we fought for years back in the day. Generally on dmg focus on dt first then meva/hp
It will vary depending on the circumstances
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-10-11 18:16:02  
anyone know if using revival root + miracle mulch in mog gardens makes it not count toward ranking up furrows ? i've went through 16 stacks as of rank 4 and no new rank
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-10-11 18:16:45  
also normal ones like arborscent too countless to remember after getting rank 4
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-10-12 09:55:29  
Revival Roots definitely count, I leveled mine up exclusively using those beyond rank 4.

Talk to the moogle in your garden and ask how the garden is doing or whatever, and he'll tell you how many harvests you've done at each location. If that count goes up when you harvest roots, then it's counting.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-10-12 10:04:03  
The Garden furrows takes an absolutely regoddamndiculous amount of harvests.

Yes, revival roots count, yes it also takes like 1000. 512 is what BG says, but it feels like double that while you do it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-10-16 19:49:24  
For monster abilities that Doom, does resist curse and/or resist death work on the actual landing of the doom debuff? Do either have an effect on the eventual death that happens if you don't get it off in time?
By clearlyamule 2017-10-16 21:01:25  
No and effect how? You run out of time you dead 100%
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-10-17 00:44:52  
Effect meaning in this case % chance of resisting the eventual death, but 100% dead sums that up.

So neither death resistance nor curse resistance affect the land rate of doom abilities, only Meva/Dark Resistance? What about Resist All status ailments like Arke legs?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-17 02:10:09  
I don't think those have ever been tested but being doom a "status effect" it would make sense for them to work against doom.

I think some status effects (maybe only from certain TPmoves/abilities though) are coded to be unresistable though.
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-10-17 02:19:16  
Right, just for example, Death Sentence from Kin (doom) can be resisted and usually is by our Run, was just wondering if Curse or Death resist helps, or resist all like like is on Arke Legs or Staunch Tathlum, or if it's only Meva?/Darkness resist?/Pflug?, and if it did land, whether death or curse resist did anything that could affect the eventual death, or, even (far less likely, but it's SE, so who knows) affected the % chance of cursna received as well.
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-10-17 09:53:32  
AFAIK you are correct saying that your resist rate is higher the more magic evasion and status resist (RUN tenacity JT,pflug JA and gear), not sure on the dark resist as it may be non-elemental if you get past the spooky name. My recommendation is to have the tank and whm invest in doom removal sets as it makes everything so much easier when you can get rid of it in 1-2 casts (Yakshi RNG/Kin become a joke for instance)
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-10-17 10:11:27  
@Sphynx, it's not like we're having problems with Kin, that wasn't the question, very few runs does it ever land, and usually we get it off if it does, if not we tank weak, no biggie, this was more an academic question for building optimal resist sets.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-10-17 10:27:29  
Asura.Selindrile said: »
Right, just for example, Death Sentence from Kin (doom) can be resisted and usually is by our Run
They're not resisting it. Kin's Death Sentence only lands if the tank has much higher enmity than the next person on the list. So if your tank is good, they will keep low enmity to avoid Death Sentence and to make it easier to change hate after Target. Kin is all about the tank barely holding hate over the DD's.

I've never seen a doom move get resisted. I don't think it can be, outside of items like Doom Screen.
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-10-17 11:01:22  
@Perg This may indeed be the case (that doom moves are unresistable I mean), we keep hate low due to Target, had no idea it was part of the Death Sentence mechanic too!
By clearlyamule 2017-10-17 11:29:27  
Definitely seen doom resisted though on players I think it's only been moves with additional effect doom. Like fight Yumcax with modern gear and jps and Tiiimber will definitely not doom everytime

During Overdrive autos can resist the heck out of it too so I'd imagine Odyllic Subterfuge would work too
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-17 13:11:33  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Kin's Death Sentence only lands if the tank has much higher enmity than the next person on the list.
How do you define "much"? What is the acceptable threshold within which the move doesn't land?
Is it just an hypothesys or has it been officially said by SE on JP forums or thoroughfully tested by multiple people?

Pardon my skepticism but I can think about several situations I experienced where the enmity difference was supposedly very big yet Doom was sticking pretty good on PLD and hardly ever (if ever) on RUN with the right setup.
Might have been just coincidences of course, don't wanna claim otherwise...

On a side note, does anybody know what kind of move Interference is in Detail?
AoE damage with I guess 10 yalms range and chance to dispel one random buff.
Vex/Attunement reduce the chance for Interference to dispel something but what about its damage?
Physical? Magical? Something else?
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-10-17 13:16:46  
I am testing with Yumcax right now, Master Run in a decent MEVA set with 3x Lux runes up (and foil if that matters), haven't seen Tiiimber not land doom yet, for what it's worth.

@Sechs reasonably sure Interference is Dark-Elemental magic damage that also dispels.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-17 13:24:56  
Double negation in english make me confused.
Did you mean to say that so far Tiiimber landed doom flawlessly every single time?
Did you try with Pflug up? Any other buff like Vex/Attunement?
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-10-17 13:27:22  
Pflug has not been up when he's used it so far, still testing, he keeps being slow on the use, but yes, Tiiimber has landed doom every single time, have no outside buffs yet, haven't added Vex/Attune to the mix.

Edit: Pflug was up that time, still landed, still doing more testing.

Subterfuge + Pflug + Meva set master Run.

I'm willing to call it myth busted at this point:

[+]
 Odin.Geriond
サーバ: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-10-17 13:29:51  
Not a RUN, but I can say I've never resisted Timber's doom either.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-10-17 13:33:13  
Asura.Sechs said: »
On a side note, does anybody know what kind of move Interference is in Detail?
AoE damage with I guess 10 yalms range and chance to dispel one random buff.
Vex/Attunement reduce the chance for Interference to dispel something but what about its damage?
Physical? Magical? Something else?
Interference is... weird. I did a fair bit of testing on it awhile back. Link to my post on BG. I'll quote it here as well, but the BG thread has some follow up posts by others as well.

Martel said:
Not really sure if this is the right thread for this, but...

A bit on the Caturae WS, Interference. I did some testing on it using Sippoy.

This isn't a completed conclusion, but rather a collection of notes on this WS's odd properties.

-Resist-able. Would indicate Magic or Breath dmg.
-MDT/Aegis has no effect. Would tend to imply Breath dmg. Should Try DT.
-MDB+/MAB- Does work. Breath dmg atk don't typically use the MAB/MDB term... Maybe it works like quick draw?
-Tried all 8 elements and Vallation/Valiance didn't work on any of them.
-Only managed to Liement with lux so far. Did not absorb. No idea what element this is.

EDIT:A few additional facts.

-BDT- gear does Not work.
-DT- gear Does work.
-Has a dINT modifier. Increasing INT player reduces damage.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 503 504 505 ... 831 832 833