Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
351 users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 484 485 486 ... 511 512 513
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Vashkoda
Posts: 57
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2017-04-11 16:21:52  
Asura.Daleterrence said: »
Does anyone know what the accuracy caps are for Omen? And are you expected to hit those caps with gear + sushi or do people do acc buffs in there too?? Looking at getting into it but really don't want to be "that guy" who is dragging a group down.

From gear and gifts alone I'm usually around 1200 acc on THF and BLU, which are the only two pure melee jobs I usually go to Omen on. To make use of the reisenjima blessings, I'll usually eat a sublime sushi before entry to get a full 1 hour out of the food, but if I die I won't always bother eating another sushi right away, and I often don't see a difference on the fodder mobs (and this is without any other acc buffs or geo bubbles). However, without food I will notice a drop in accuracy on the 3rd floor boss (not too significant, I'll probably still be at around 80-90%) and an even higher drop on final boss (my whiffs are what usually remind me that 'oh yeah, I died back there, I should probably eat another sushi'). That said, when we're low-manning with 3 BLUs, we might not get any acc buffs at all (we save our geo bubbles for other things). If you run with support jobs who can give you acc, you might be ok without food, or at least using att+ food instead of sushi.

Asura.Kaitaru said: »
How annoying is it to collect all the summons/how important is getting odin/Alex/Caitsith to a summoner/player just starting out? I assume you still need to do fame in each primal location

Fame seems a lot easier to get nowadays than it used to be (had no trouble capping fame on my mules doing the usual repeatable quests (turning in flint stones, rabbit hides, zinc ore, mandy items, lettuce, etc)). How useful each avatar is depends on what you ultimately plan to use SMN for. Current endgame strats focus a lot on Ramuh (volt strike), Ifrit (Flaming Crush), Titan (Earthen Armor) and Cait Sith (Mewing Lullaby). However, Shiva has the best magical BP and a mab+ aura and Crystal Blessing is nice for melee. Similarly, Garuda has a great physical BP (predator claws) and aoe haste 2. Carbuncle has an enmity down move that helps with some tanking strats and a strong curaga and regen aura. Fenrir has impact for tossing a ton of debuffs on mobs, and useful melee buff BPs. Atomos and Diabolos (and Fenrir) have unresistable dispel moves. I'd say the least useful avatars are in fact the two 1-hr ones, Alex and Odin. Alex you could maybe find a use for in an emergency or for a quick zerg, but I don't think you would get kicked out of a party for not having them.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Dalight
Posts: 5078
By Asura.Daleterrence 2017-04-11 18:47:04  
Thanks a ton, so I'm gonna assume 1,250 + sushi is where I need to be hitting for the bosses. BG wiki still has the glassy mobs as needing 1.4K but I have no idea if that was pre or post evasion skill changes.
Offline
Posts: 861
By Zephin 2017-04-11 19:40:40  
Asura.Daleterrence said: »
Thanks a ton, so I'm gonna assume 1,250 + sushi is where I need to be hitting for the bosses. BG wiki still has the glassy mobs as needing 1.4K but I have no idea if that was pre or post evasion skill changes.

1250 + sublime sushi is right on the money. Went from my acc set previous to my DT or straight DD set which both run 1250 acc.
 Asura.Daleterrence
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Dalight
Posts: 5078
By Asura.Daleterrence 2017-04-12 01:36:40  
Zephin said: »
Asura.Daleterrence said: »
Thanks a ton, so I'm gonna assume 1,250 + sushi is where I need to be hitting for the bosses. BG wiki still has the glassy mobs as needing 1.4K but I have no idea if that was pre or post evasion skill changes.

1250 + sublime sushi is right on the money. Went from my acc set previous to my DT or straight DD set which both run 1250 acc.

Awesome, thanks a ton to the both of you, glad to finally get a solid answer from somewhere.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
Posts: 3927
By Cerberus.Tidis 2017-04-12 14:34:33  
I have done a fresh install on my PC so need to install FFXI again, is there a site that hosts the current game files?
 Lakshmi.Splinters
Offline
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Splinters
Posts: 92
By Lakshmi.Splinters 2017-04-12 15:06:15  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I have done a fresh install on my PC so need to install FFXI again, is there a site that hosts the current game files?

The Official site hosts the downloads. http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/download/media/install_win.html
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
Posts: 3927
By Cerberus.Tidis 2017-04-12 16:14:32  
Lakshmi.Splinters said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I have done a fresh install on my PC so need to install FFXI again, is there a site that hosts the current game files?

The Official site hosts the downloads. http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/download/media/install_win.html
That's the installation files, not the update files though.
 Odin.Horu
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: stratusx
Posts: 107
By Odin.Horu 2017-04-14 08:47:56  
does doing VW outside of event yeald higher results for heavy metal?

I am fighting Aello atm,i have 2 chars on it at same time. i am using rubiand and cobalt cells, and i land a TH+1 gear on the mob to get a finishing result of 302%, i feel like i am having a higher drop rate than when event is on since i get a drop of heavy metals atleast 1/7 fights (Thats 1 drop from one of the 2 chars after 5-7 fights)

anyone else with similar results using multiple charactors?
 Shiva.Spynx
Offline
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: auron86
Posts: 236
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-04-14 08:58:49  
Doubt we'll ever find out due to lack of statistical evidence (read: people don't give a ***about VW outside campaign now) but it's probably just RNG. Also during campaign I had runs with 6-7 pouches in 100 pops and then 0 in next 100 so it can greatly vary
 Odin.Horu
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: stratusx
Posts: 107
By Odin.Horu 2017-04-14 09:21:29  
i have been trying at different times and result is always the same, i'm at this point coming here knowing i'm gonna get something within 5-15min
Offline
By Aeyela 2017-04-14 09:43:46  
Odin.Horu said: »
i have been trying at different times and result is always the same, i'm at this point coming here knowing i'm gonna get something within 5-15min

That's how RNG works. It cons you into thinking, "I'm doing really well, maybe this drop rate is higher?" In reality, it's probably exactly the same. Obviously nobody can objectively tell you it's not, but half the rumours circulating in games about "better chances" are based on nothing but presumption on an individual's part, because they believe they're having additional luck and need to attribute a reason for it.

It works in the opposite way as well. "I'm having terrible luck, maybe they lowered the drop rate?" has been a common complaint over the years. Now I can't speak on behalf of Square Enix, nor can I say the formulae they are using for dice rolls in this game; however, I would place a sizable bet on there being absolutely no difference in the drop formula during events and outside of them.

When I say sizable, I mean huge, massive, the most bigly bet you've ever seen. It'll be terrific.
 Odin.Horu
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: stratusx
Posts: 107
By Odin.Horu 2017-04-14 12:45:08  
I am not asking for anyone to accept this opinion but rather if anyone is able to test (And perhaps make some heavy metals in the process), preferably someone who has multiple accounts so the results become more apparent faster (And person doesn't give up after the 10th fight)while trying on several different times and days like myself.

My current system is buy 3 stacks of cobalts and 3 stacks of rubicund (Using both at the same time), that pretty much gives you 36 fights worth of cells. in my case due to second charactor it gives me 72 fights worth of information,

working on how many fights rather than time it takes. in 72 fights (Over 2 chars) i have been consistantly been getting 6-7 bags of heavy metal as a final number between the 2 which is about 8.3%-9.2% of bags droping(If i calculated that correctly) at the 302% VW lights, what i would like is a second opinion using the same system while keeping track of how many fights as well for more solid numbers (Probably using the cells so they don't lose track of where they are by the end of it).

If we can see more solid numbers, atleast we can work forwards with and without cells or capped lights later for percentages at a later time.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Offline
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
Posts: 11679
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-04-14 13:33:45  
Nobody's going to bother when there's no concrete evidence of substantial benefit to farming outside of campaigns (stones are limited, procs take time, lower killspeed outside of campaigns due to less people farming), no logical reason to believe there's any difference in droprate (this is a classic example of eyeballing data at an insufficient sample size, something that is far too common in the xi community), and a need for hundreds or thousands of samples to have remotely reasonable data resolution. If you truly believe there's enough difference to justify the hassle, then the burden is on you to substatiate that claim. Have fun!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Offline
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
Posts: 4404
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-04-14 15:07:02  
farmed several full empyreans worth of hmp using 12 chars outside campaign, it's pretty obvious it's not any different and your sample size is ***
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Radiuz
Posts: 1029
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-04-15 23:48:40  
Does anyone know where Cross-Counters comes from since that update months ago with new crafted versions?
 Shiva.Spynx
Offline
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: auron86
Posts: 236
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-04-15 23:51:05  
Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Does anyone know where Cross-Counters comes from since that update months ago with new crafted versions?

BSNM Demolition Squad
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Radiuz
Posts: 1029
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-04-15 23:54:23  
Shiva.Spynx said: »
Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Does anyone know where Cross-Counters comes from since that update months ago with new crafted versions?

BSNM Demolition Squad

So pretty much the same old lvl 60 cap fight then? That's dumb they make a new recipe for it and yet haven't included that kind of drop in the SKCNM fights like the other items
 Shiva.Znitch
Offline
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: znitch
Posts: 35
By Shiva.Znitch 2017-04-17 13:38:27  
Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Shiva.Spynx said: »
Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Does anyone know where Cross-Counters comes from since that update months ago with new crafted versions?

BSNM Demolition Squad

So pretty much the same old lvl 60 cap fight then? That's dumb they make a new recipe for it and yet haven't included that kind of drop in the SKCNM fights like the other items

They added drops to the ilvl versions of Dismemberment Brigade / Grimshell Shocktroopers / Divine Punishers / Legion XI Comitatensis in the January update when those crafted items came out, so there's a chance you could get a pair from there. I definitely got an Astral Signa from the Yagudo Macrocosmic Orb fight on D.
 Shiva.Hiep
Offline
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Hiepo
Posts: 508
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-04-17 15:59:18  
Has anyone tried Master Trial 3 yet since the MEVA update? My group will be starting it soon, but we don't have a SMN. Is SMN/BLM style still the way to go or is there another strat that doesn't include SMN?
 Bismarck.Lennart
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: LennartHK
Posts: 655
By Bismarck.Lennart 2017-04-19 10:09:36  
If someone put on afterglow relic dagger, afterglow mythic dagger, and afterglow empy harp, what color aura would they have?

I'm guessing just whatever is in the main hand?
Offline
Posts: 1147
By Wordspoken 2017-04-19 10:19:58  
Bismarck.Lennart said: »
If someone put on afterglow relic dagger, afterglow mythic dagger, and afterglow empy harp, what color aura would they have?

I'm guessing just whatever is in the main hand?
IIRC they have a priority for that. Something like relic aura>empy aura>mythic aura, I forget which is the right order.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Offline
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1655
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-04-19 10:24:12  
Actually, the afterglow display priority is by slot. Main>sub>range iirc.

EDIT: Ahh, I was wrong. it's Main>Ranged>Sub.
Look near the bottom of this post.
Online
Posts: 256
By zaxtiss 2017-04-19 10:29:33  
Shiva.Znitch said: »
Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Shiva.Spynx said: »
Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Does anyone know where Cross-Counters comes from since that update months ago with new crafted versions?

BSNM Demolition Squad

So pretty much the same old lvl 60 cap fight then? That's dumb they make a new recipe for it and yet haven't included that kind of drop in the SKCNM fights like the other items

They added drops to the ilvl versions of Dismemberment Brigade / Grimshell Shocktroopers / Divine Punishers / Legion XI Comitatensis in the January update when those crafted items came out, so there's a chance you could get a pair from there. I definitely got an Astral Signa from the Yagudo Macrocosmic Orb fight on D.
anyone know what drops were added?
 Bismarck.Lennart
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: LennartHK
Posts: 655
By Bismarck.Lennart 2017-04-19 10:35:54  
zaxtiss said: »
Shiva.Znitch said: »
Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Shiva.Spynx said: »
Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Does anyone know where Cross-Counters comes from since that update months ago with new crafted versions?

BSNM Demolition Squad

So pretty much the same old lvl 60 cap fight then? That's dumb they make a new recipe for it and yet haven't included that kind of drop in the SKCNM fights like the other items

They added drops to the ilvl versions of Dismemberment Brigade / Grimshell Shocktroopers / Divine Punishers / Legion XI Comitatensis in the January update when those crafted items came out, so there's a chance you could get a pair from there. I definitely got an Astral Signa from the Yagudo Macrocosmic Orb fight on D.
anyone know what drops were added?
if you go here it lists all new items the game adds; Just click the January update

http://www.ffxiah.com/new-items
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1326
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-19 17:29:45  
Where to equip spell interruption? Looking into seeing if I can get some more on my GEO since she casts while eating hits a decent amount of time.
Offline
By Aeyela 2017-04-19 17:42:24  
What is the best Salvage for maximum possible Alexandrite drops in one run?
 Siren.Kyte
Offline
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2306
By Siren.Kyte 2017-04-19 18:25:29  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Where to equip spell interruption? Looking into seeing if I can get some more on my GEO since she casts while eating hits a decent amount of time.

Midcast
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1326
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-19 19:30:54  
Siren.Kyte said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Where to equip spell interruption? Looking into seeing if I can get some more on my GEO since she casts while eating hits a decent amount of time.

Midcast

So need to make a Spell interrupt casting mode to properly utilize, alright, thanks.
 Bismarck.Lennart
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: LennartHK
Posts: 655
By Bismarck.Lennart 2017-04-20 21:40:29  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Where to equip spell interruption? Looking into seeing if I can get some more on my GEO since she casts while eating hits a decent amount of time.

Midcast

So need to make a Spell interrupt casting mode to properly utilize, alright, thanks.
yes definitely. there is no "stops all spells from being interrupted" generic one piece you can use
Offline
Posts: 964
By fillerbunny9 2017-04-21 01:05:38  
Aeyela said: »
What is the best Salvage for maximum possible Alexandrite drops in one run?
AR II and BR II tend to be the preferred zones, generally from a speed perspective. supposedly they made efforts to normalize the alexandrite across zones, but still time lock AR II because SE.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 484 485 486 ... 511 512 513
Log in to post.