Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 420 421 422 ... 831 832 833
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2016-02-08 11:44:29  
Looking to do Nosoi, T2 Zi'tah Tulfaire for some friends' Nibiru blade. Haven't done him outside of event shell shortly after release. Anyone know what white proc does? I'd like to have everything mapped out before we throw pops at it.

Edit: Also, would vex/attunement + Barwatera/Barpoisonra give a good shot at the party resisting poison? My GEO has 900+ skill combined.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2016-02-08 13:41:16  
Cerberus.Balloon said: »
It seems to be when character models are displayed, though it could also be related to "glow" effects like crystals. I get like 15 fps outside of the Bastok Mines Mog house.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/37945/ffxi-lag-and-you/

- Might wanna grab my no lag patch and see if it helps.
- if you are having a lot of stuff running on your laptop you might wanna try with my Project Mercry running. but that only really helps if you are multitasking.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-08 13:46:43  
A few things about Nosoi:

- Has 3 ways to poison you: Poisonga, Enpoison, and a Poison Aura that is active during Mighty Strikes. The aura will ignore magic evasion and resistance, of course
- Mighty Strikes is activated every 25%, and if you white proc him, he loses it and the aura.
- Has a super knockback move, which can make tanking him a bit of a pain (I think I recall him having some Encumbrance as well, maybe the same move). This move also has a long charge time so it is easy to outrun it if the tank doesn't trip on any roots or other objects.
- Also has a paralyze move of some sort
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2016-02-08 13:48:28  
Lakshmi.Kyosukerob said: »
Looking to do Nosoi, T2 Zi'tah Tulfaire for some friends' Nibiru blade. Haven't done him outside of event shell shortly after release. Anyone know what white proc does? I'd like to have everything mapped out before we throw pops at it.

Edit: Also, would vex/attunement + Barwatera/Barpoisonra give a good shot at the party resisting poison? My GEO has 900+ skill combined.

Did it recently duo SCH + GEO with trusts, not sure what white procs does as it still had a strong poison effect. It was extremely easy with trust HP/MP campaign (used August/Amchu, Koru, Apururu) doing SC and Helix/MB. I think vex/attunment wouldn't really be helpful as the powerful poison is an aura during its 2h that we countered with AoE regen and high trust HP while improving dmg with malaise/acumen (I have good macc anyways). Each fight took like 2-3 mins.

You can probably do it easily with PLD + nukers and use trusts.

Hope this helps!
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-09 13:16:49  
on the subduction page on wiki, it says "the spell Subduction Learned as BLU99 at 410 skill, with Espial Gambison Set"
Is the Espial Gambison Set required? I didnt see anything reguarding learning blu magic on it.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-09 13:19:52  
Nope, that's just someone probably thinking ilevel has relevance in regards to learning (it doesn't). Skill does matter, though.
 Cerberus.Balloon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2016-02-09 15:26:14  
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
Cerberus.Balloon said: »
It seems to be when character models are displayed, though it could also be related to "glow" effects like crystals. I get like 15 fps outside of the Bastok Mines Mog house.

- if you are having a lot of stuff running on your laptop you might wanna try with my Project Mercry running. but that only really helps if you are multitasking.

I've tried it on a variety of settings, but I do love your tool, so thanks for that. Unfortunately, until I get this fixed, FFXI for me is simply unplayable. I don't know how to force it, setting pol to use the Nvidia Card didn't work.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-09 15:37:07  
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »

What does your No Lag Patch do, specifically? I was gonna poke around it, but I see it's an exe file so I don't want it making changes automatically.
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-02-09 15:56:50  
What recording software would you guys recommend? Looking for advice so people's eyes won't melt when watching my videos. I'm not really techy whatsoever so anything really helps. It might be because of my graphics card but who knows. Also, how do I make my game's graphics look better?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-12 13:40:19  
Odin.Vasche said: »
Anyone know where to change the DPS spreadsheets to account for the new "Occasional Triple" on Emps?
In the Data tab, scroll down to the Other Modifiers tab. It's in the "ODD Dmg/round" row. Note that this value is adding the bonus damage, not multiplying (average hit damage + average hit damage). To adjust it, set a conditional that applies only to the new Empy which would have the average hit damage ("Avg W1" row) reference doubled (ie: if using new Empy, average hit damage + average hit damage x2).
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-02-12 13:53:19  
Shiva.Hiep said: »
What recording software would you guys recommend? Looking for advice so people's eyes won't melt when watching my videos. I'm not really techy whatsoever so anything really helps. It might be because of my graphics card but who knows. Also, how do I make my game's graphics look better?

What card do you use? If it's not terrible you may just need to tweak settings on OBS and Windower. Does it lag at all or is it ok on that front? When I get home I'll paste my settings. Any lower than 15 FPS is gonna look bad.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-02-12 14:18:32  
Shiva.Hiep said: »

Fraps is easily one of the better recording software,
i would suggest Shadowplay but you probably dont have a Nvidia graphics card.

OBS is good but you REALLY need to play with settings to get that to work nicely.

to get FFXI to run nicely, ofc windower, Makesure you disable the windower lighting thing which annoys me, make sure your running at the higher resolutions, background resolutions etc. Make sure ingame aspect ratio is correct.
By Draylo 2016-02-12 23:44:36  
Anyone keep dcing? FFXI-4001 error
 Asura.Xijaah
サーバ: Asura
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-02-13 04:28:20  
does anyone know the tp/hit of yoichi + arrow?
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-02-13 05:02:47  
153 base TP with a 90 delay arrow.
 Asura.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-02-13 05:04:24  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
153 base TP with a 90 delay arrow.
thank you very much!
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-13 17:17:53  
is there an easier way to trade in sparks for a multiple specific item? Rather then going through the menu and selecting the same thing over and over.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-02-13 18:06:15  
Odin.Godofgods said: »
is there an easier way to trade in sparks for a multiple specific item? Rather then going through the menu and selecting the same thing over and over.
Dunno if it'll help, but I found this script for converting Sparks to gil once upon a time.
Code
require 'pack'
require 'lists'

windower.register_event('outgoing chunk',function(id,org)
    if id == 0x5B then
        local name = (windower.ffxi.get_mob_by_id(org:unpack('I',5)) or {}).name
        if L{'Eternal Flame','Rolandienne','Isakoth','Fhelm Jobeizat'}:contains(name) then
            local outstr = org:sub(1,8)
            local choice = org:unpack('I',9)
            if choice == 0 or choice == 0x40000000 then
                return outstr..string.char(9,0,0x29,0)..org:sub(13) -- Archeron Shield
            end
        end
    end
end)

Just have to put it in your add-ons folder and toss it a name, then /lua load "that name" and you're good to go. Talk to the npc, stop talking to them, and a shield will materialize in your inventory whilst the sparks will vanish. A few dozen repeats of enter/escape will drain you of sparks and line your wallet with gil.

I'm sure there's a method to the madness that is this script which would help to nab other items should you wish it, though I'm not the one to explain how one would do such a thing.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-13 18:20:42  
Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Dunno if it'll help, but I found this script for converting Sparks to gil once upon a time.
Code
require 'pack'
require 'lists'

if id == 0x5B then
        if L{'Eternal Flame','Rolandienne','Isakoth','Fhelm Jobeizat'}:contains(name) then
            end
        end
    end
end)

Just have to put it in your add-ons folder and toss it a name, then /lua load "that name" and you're good to go. Talk to the npc, stop talking to them, and a shield will materialize in your inventory whilst the sparks will vanish. A few dozen repeats of enter/escape will drain you of sparks and line your wallet with gil.

I'm sure there's a method to the madness that is this script which would help to nab other items should you wish it, though I'm not the one to explain how one would do such a thing.

i saw that before too. Tho i couldnt remember where. Its what i need, but unfortunately i dont use windower :/
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-02-13 18:33:17  
In that case, I am of no help, as I know of no other method of speeding it up.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-13 18:55:32  

its odd that of all the features it does have, that one is tempting me most :/
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-02-13 19:10:44  

Quite honesty, I don't see much point in not using Windower, especially since consoles will be gone soon which eliminates any real advantage one would have over another for using it, as all would have the choice available to them should they wish to take it.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-13 19:46:49  

Quite honesty, I don't see much point in not using Windower, especially since consoles will be gone soon which eliminates any real advantage one would have over another for using it, as all would have the choice available to them should they wish to take it.

a real fear, an irrational fear.. take your pick. Since becoming disabled in 08 this game was the one thing that kept me sane for a long while. Back then i lost a tarutaru character. SE refused to help me. (Tho they charged me for 6 months were i couldnt access the account >< ) So i havnt been tempted to try even the slightest thing that might result in a repeat. At this point, losing my char would probably mean the end of this game for me. - I know its unlikely considering most ppl use it. But my whole life has been hitting that 1 in a million result. (only bad things tho.. never something like the lottery')
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-02-13 20:28:24  

a real fear, an irrational fear.. take your pick. Since becoming disabled in 08 this game was the one thing that kept me sane for a long while. Back then i lost a tarutaru character. SE refused to help me. (Tho they charged me for 6 months were i couldnt access the account >< ) So i havnt been tempted to try even the slightest thing that might result in a repeat. At this point, losing my char would probably mean the end of this game for me. - I know its unlikely considering most ppl use it. But my whole life has been hitting that 1 in a million result. (only bad things tho.. never something like the lottery')
I can understand that. Though I would say it's irrational in some ways. Ya simply have to be careful about whatcha use and whatcha do with it. While I've a strong attachment to the game myself, I've more or less resigned myself to doing whatever I do to play it and if I lose things, it'll suck, but with the game's current state I could get a lot of ground back quickly enough that while I wouldn't like it, I could live with it. But, perhaps that's just me. :x
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2016-02-13 20:38:59  
It's HQ Irrational
 Bismarck.Dubai
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-02-15 01:39:33  
Is it worth getting and using a Lathi(path A or C) over the Mythic Laev?
By Wordspoken 2016-02-15 10:43:19  
When trying to reach 1100 accuracy, is food included or is it with gear only?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-15 11:58:31  
Code
require 'pack'
require 'lists'

if id == 0x5B then
            end
        end
    end
end)

How does one disengage this? Say you loaded that up and were exchanging sparks for shields, then at the last several k worth of sparks you remember/decide you want a different item (for w/e reason)
First Page 2 3 ... 420 421 422 ... 831 832 833