Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 298 299 300 ... 834 835 836

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-27 18:55:34  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Can Outer Ra' Skirmish be solo'ble(with trusts) now? or 2box'd-3box'd?

If yes whats the efficient setup for it and which tier would be good for that?
Could always just solo a primary goal of a
5/3/5 trig on almost any job for like 95% key item rate without killing any NM, just hitting Noetics

Legs 4 or 5 mean you get massive Noetics fragments+ just have to kill some lesser mobs and roam for Noetics

Thats almost 2m throwed in trash can.
If its just for ki, just go with 111 primary.
KI drop rate with 111 primary; less than ~3%
KI drop rate with the trig I mentioned; ~95%
Yeah I agree, about the same.

(You also get a bunch of high gil drops or wings on a torso III with head V and head IV works well too at 1/3 of the price if needed)

Dont know where you got those numbers.
And not considering wings drops and that you can count with noetic, youre crazy. Today i poped a few colossal fenestral boon for 1 and 3 frags. Its all about luck.
True answer, though, if you want to do high tier, do it with a party. Share cost get some drops, and everyone is happy.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Loire
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-07-27 20:37:47  
KI drop rate with 111 primary; less than ~3%
KI drop rate with the trig I mentioned; ~95%
Kinda pulling those numbers out of your *** there, 111 is by no means that low of a KI rate whatsoever.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-07-27 21:08:57  
555's can be done in 20-25 mins with 2-3 friends if you have at least one two box, 3-4 otherwise. trusts are ridiculously weak. theres no reason to solo 111's when you can make large amounts of gil through +2 stones (or saving gil, by not needing to buy them) and get the highest chance at a KI. you should be aiming for +2 stones first and foremost. the KI's will come at a rate in which the stones will be useful because your able to one by one get best augments. 555's are the way to go with a few other good players, though i guess if you cant find them or they wont play with you, your best option is to rectify that and you'd still cap hq skirmish equipment and good augments faster than doing 111's
By Pantafernando 2014-07-27 22:39:06  
I saw a nice uffrat today, with smn skill and some other stat (i think pet mab).
Someone know if one can get those augments with only +1 stone?

Thanks.
By mortontony1 2014-07-27 23:15:10  
Easiest/quickest RoE to spam for sparks? Or maybe just some of the better ones, not necessarily the one best one.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-07-27 23:17:45  
mortontony1 said: »
Easiest/quickest RoE to spam for sparks? Or maybe just some of the better ones, not necessarily the one best one.

Damage 500+. can do as a mage, using AoE nukes. pull a large group of EP mobs with buffs up, and spam stonega 1. adjust your nuking set so that you do just over 500 damage, so you get optimal credits.

Post deleted by User.
By mortontony1 2014-07-27 23:29:40  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Damage 500+. can do as a mage, using AoE nukes. pull a large group of EP mobs with buffs up, and spam stonega 1. adjust your nuking set so that you do just over 500 damage, so you get optimal credits.
exping on weak to piercing mobs as a dancer works too
-you crit for 500+ so a pro fast tping set will be bananas
-you can gather a bunch and aeolian edge for 500+ easily
-you self heal due to a bunch hitting you, finish the cure for 500+/cure for 750+ trial as well if you haven't.

Liking the dancer. Don't want to level a mage for sparks :P Suppose I should have mentioned I'm melee
 Shiva.Devrom
サーバ: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-07-28 06:51:06  
do i need anything fancy to kill PW anymore or is it squishy enough now that it doesn't matter which jobs/tactics you have?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-07-28 06:58:02  
Does anyone have good advice on farming capacity points? I've tried both Woh and Dho gates for now, I found Woh Gates to leave me with accuracy issues even with food while Dho Gates was decent but really debatable on whether I'd willingly spend a lot of time farming points there.

For the record I generally don't go in a party of people as I'd like to do this in my own time and stop whenever I feel like it leaving me with a set up of:

Me on whatever job with Sushi as food
WHM alt
Joachim
Ulmia
w/e 3rd trust.

Any advice would be appreciated.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-28 07:51:53  
Shiva.Devrom said: »
do i need anything fancy to kill PW anymore or is it squishy enough now that it doesn't matter which jobs/tactics you have?

Depend on you magic defense. If its good enough, thats ok. Aegis is desired.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-28 07:57:22  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Does anyone have good advice on farming capacity points? I've tried both Woh and Dho gates for now, I found Woh Gates to leave me with accuracy issues even with food while Dho Gates was decent but really debatable on whether I'd willingly spend a lot of time farming points there.

For the record I generally don't go in a party of people as I'd like to do this in my own time and stop whenever I feel like it leaving me with a set up of:

WHM alt
Joachim
Ulmia
w/e 3rd trust.

Should depend of your jobs tbh. Diferent jobs will have diferent dificult to farm them. For suport jobs, i supose the only way is real party. If you do for mages, i supose you can get good results by cleaving not so high level mobs. I heard a pld once saying he was pulling lots of mobs in marjami and cleaving (supose aeolian edge). Personally i just do party with real players, mnkx3 brd cor whm, and cycle worms and rabbits in woh gates. Worms arent that evasive, and there are a group of 5 worms grouped together with 2 rabbits each side. Rabbits are non aggresive, so its a pretty safe place. I cycle through killing all worms, kill one or 2 rabbits with both aggressor and focus on just to not let chain break, and resume with worms. Was neting 500cp per kill with chain capped.
 Shiva.Devrom
サーバ: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-07-28 08:20:26  

Hmm then I would just shout, get a smn for final form and zerg it down. Do its current adds depop once a form is down before the new adds pop or they keep piling up? I only did this once and it was years ago, can't remember anything XD
By Pantafernando 2014-07-28 08:34:54  

Hmm then I would just shout, get a smn for final form and zerg it down. Do its current adds depop once a form is down before the new adds pop or they keep piling up? I only did this once and it was years ago, can't remember anything XD

I only did once myself and was pre adoulin. Im waiting my aegis get ready to pop some keys i have, but i do remember there was a twilight dd that took most of pw hp during the fight just zombieing. All the others forms were no problem even pre adoulin.
Should ask an aegis pld. There are testimonies of aegis pld soling pw.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-28 12:03:49  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »

WHM alt
Joachim
Ulmia
w/e 3rd trust.

I just go to Doh Gates, and have RoE objective activated. Do COR+SAM roll, all mobs die in 2 WS, when chain goes up with ring bonus it's like 800~1k CP a kill. With ring bonus I usually farm 25k in 25~30min. After ring bonus wore I log off and do something else, come back when I can use ring again. I don't have WHM alt sadly :( I use WHM+ double BRD trust.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-28 12:10:23  
Should depend of your jobs tbh. Diferent jobs will have diferent dificult to farm them. For suport jobs, i supose the only way is real party. If you do for mages, i supose you can get good results by cleaving not so high level mobs. I heard a pld once saying he was pulling lots of mobs in marjami and cleaving (supose aeolian edge). Personally i just do party with real players, mnkx3 brd cor whm, and cycle worms and rabbits in woh gates. Worms arent that evasive, and there are a group of 5 worms grouped together with 2 rabbits each side. Rabbits are non aggresive, so its a pretty safe place. I cycle through killing all worms, kill one or 2 rabbits with both aggressor and focus on just to not let chain break, and resume with worms. Was neting 500cp per kill with chain capped.

I heard BLM can farm CP solo very fast in Acumex camp. COR isn't bad too, leaden(or leaden+ 1 QD) can probably 1 shot Doh gate lv of Acumex, with roll bonus, which makes a difference.

I don't know any acumex camp with more than 3 acumex though D:
 Asura.Backstab
サーバ: Asura
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2014-07-28 12:23:06  
anyone know if you still need to wait till jp midnight for cor af quests?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-07-28 15:46:48  
I was told you can get mules to Aht Urhgan using VW? Just regular teleports? or do I have to do anything special?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-28 15:49:36  
You have to start the VW quest for AU to the npc in Wajaom(Whitegate exit). That way you gain warps to a few locations(outside Nashmau being the most convenient imo).

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-28 21:28:45  
I saw a nice uffrat today, with smn skill and some other stat (i think pet mab).
Someone know if one can get those augments with only +1 stone?

Thanks.

Well, used some stacks of +1 and 2 +2. Out of 30 +1, just once i got triple slot augments (random stat, hmp and pet something). With the +2 i got both chances 3 slots, smn skill and wsacc.

So, i dont think smn skill is impossible with +1, but aparently smn skill is a 3 slot augments characteristic, and those are pretty rare in +1, but not that low on +2.

So, i kept +5 smn skill and pet acc +24, and waiting for new skirmish where we can restrain the augment we will get.
By mortontony1 2014-07-28 22:29:59  
So I keep getting bumped out of reives. Primarily colonization, but lair as well. Sometimes I get too far, lag, don't see the 5 second warning, etc, but other times I just lose the status effect and I know for a fact that I didn't go to far out. Any one else having this problem or know of a solution? And is there a way to get back into it after you get bumped?
 Leviathan.Krysten
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-29 01:03:25  
whats the drop rate on Qaaxo Harness?? man i must be 1/25 on these and didnt get lot on the 1 lol. does just have crapp drop rate?
By Davorin 2014-07-29 01:54:55  
Leviathan.Krysten said: »
whats the drop rate on Qaaxo Harness?? man i must be 1/25 on these and didnt get lot on the 1 lol. does just have crapp drop rate?

http://ffxidb.com/items/27870
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-07-29 01:59:43  
the drop rate doesnt matter in the face of a quick two delves to get the item. you dont even need to do the delve it drops from to get it 100% from those two delves. my advice would be to forgo those terrible drop rates and just aim the 100% way with a few friends the next time you log on
By Pantafernando 2014-07-29 05:33:03  
So I keep getting bumped out of reives. Primarily colonization, but lair as well. Sometimes I get too far, lag, don't see the 5 second warning, etc, but other times I just lose the status effect and I know for a fact that I didn't go to far out. Any one else having this problem or know of a solution? And is there a way to get back into it after you get bumped?

Never noticed that.
To get back, you need or wait 5 mins cooldown or warp to any place and get back to reset the timer. Your progress will be reseted though.

edit: thinking better, i never noticed that with reives, but sometimes in abyssea, all my icons dropped suddenly, cruor buffs, even the visitant status. But i get back them soon after. Prob not related with your issue.
First Page 2 3 ... 298 299 300 ... 834 835 836