[Suggestion] A Few Ideas To Enhance This Site

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » [Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
[Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 26 27 28
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-06-15 02:57:19  
Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
tracking lacks a plethora of items for JPs anyway

I fixed that! Really! Are they still broken for you?
Derp, didn't realize you completed that part already, I apologize.
I'm seeing all the categories just fine.
It doesn't reflect my current status but that's likely because I haven't flushed with the GW plugin in over two months probably if not more.
Will try to update tonite when I get back home.

Thanks Rooks!
 Bahamut.Malothar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-06-23 19:44:14  
- Any low-hanging fruit I can find

Any chance Geo and Run can stop wearing mittens on their head? (change the forum icon)
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-06-23 21:01:04  
Bahamut.Malothar said: »

Any chance Geo and Run can stop wearing mittens on their head? (change the forum icon)

That falls in the bucket of "ought to be low-hanging fruit, but isn't" - I don't have DB access, which is where that's kept. I'll pester the boss about it, though.
 Bahamut.Malothar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-06-28 00:20:59  
Rooks said: »

That falls in the bucket of "ought to be low-hanging fruit, but isn't" - I don't have DB access, which is where that's kept. I'll pester the boss about it, though.

Lets see if I can get outta that bucket with this one.

Wanted to search through shields on FFXIAH and see different pics of the model to pick one to lockstyle. Never noticed before, but shields aren't listed in the power search if you search by skill. Oversight? Or is this some sorta mess that's caused by them being in the "sub" slot, which one handed weapons can occupy too?
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-24 14:57:02  
Is it possible to implement a way to search or filter posts by higher rating? If it's not too much trouble, it could be an easy way to spot useful tips and classic zingers.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-24 15:21:52  
Lets see if I can get outta that bucket with this one.

Wanted to search through shields on FFXIAH and see different pics of the model to pick one to lockstyle. Never noticed before, but shields aren't listed in the power search if you search by skill. Oversight? Or is this some sorta mess that's caused by them being in the "sub" slot, which one handed weapons can occupy too?

I actually have to revamp Power Search in general, to accommodate changes for iLevel/Superior/shield size. I'll figure that out while I'm in there.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-24 15:22:31  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Is it possible to implement a way to search or filter posts by higher rating? If it's not too much trouble, it could be an easy way to spot useful tips and classic zingers.

The way it's implemented leads me to believe this isn't trivial, but I'll investigate.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-24 15:25:00  

I think I can do something about this one now, though.

On a related note, I get enough requests that I need to come up with a better way to track them. Right now I'm just using a text file, but at some point I will come up with a better way to track all this so I can point people at it for this kind of thing. Bouncing around forum threads and PMs isn't really ideal.

(My original thought was github, but I doubt people are going to make github accounts to report bugs)
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-07-24 15:50:26  
Any chance you could allow user icons to be animated, at least for +'s. Occasionally there'll be a post that deserves a dancing +.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-24 15:54:18  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Any chance you could allow user icons to be animated, at least for +'s. Occasionally there'll be a post that deserves a dancing +.

Avatars can already be animated; the [+] thumbnails are handled differently; I'd have to look into it.

I'm not overly sure I'd want to do that, but now I'm curious as to whether or not I can*

* = obviously, it's possible. When I say 'can' it's in the context of 'given my limited time and the structure of the code base, am I going to spend hours writing something that doesn't do anything useful?'
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-24 16:03:00  
am I going to spend hours writing something that doesn't do anything useful?

Silly Rooks...
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-24 16:05:06  
Odin.Jassik said: »
am I going to spend hours writing something that doesn't do anything useful?

Silly Rooks...

Usually, yes.
 Asura.Pintseyes
user: yurmy123
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-07-24 16:36:30  
You know EYE think would be cool. As like if you were to go to say Walmart.com and look up a item.. You can refine the hits by Price both statically and by range. I'd like to see something similar for our own AH sales as power search already has it.

I know it seems redundant but for myself looking through my sales and having the ability to remove all them 1k sales and just see what I want would be pretty useful.
By Armyguy 2015-07-24 16:51:29  
Give different points R/E/M's base on there level?
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-24 16:57:59  
Armyguy said: »
Give different points R/E/M's base on there level?

This is already done, it's just not reflected on the page. That's coming eventually.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-24 16:59:02  
Asura.Pintseyes said: »
You know EYE think would be cool. As like if you were to go to say Walmart.com and look up a item.. You can refine the hits by Price both statically and by range. I'd like to see something similar for our own AH sales as power search already has it.

I know it seems redundant but for myself looking through my sales and having the ability to remove all them 1k sales and just see what I want would be pretty useful.

Clarify a bit more on what exactly you're looking to see.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-25 17:16:00  
How about the possibility to have signatures?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-07-25 17:19:59  
Or titles
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-25 17:24:22  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
How about the possibility to have signatures?

Doubtful. I am not a big fan of excess decoration around posts in general (I like the site's mostly minimalist design), and I have a particular distaste for signatures.

If His Scraggness told me to implement them, I would, because he's the boss, but otherwise, no. Sorry.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-07-25 17:27:08  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Or titles

Also not a fan. Sorry.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-07-25 17:29:54  
Rooks said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Or titles

Also not a fan. Sorry.
Says the guy with a title! Forum Moderator? What does that even mean?! ... oh wait ....
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-25 17:35:35  
Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Says the guy with a title! Forum Moderator? What does that even mean?! ... oh wait ....

I think it means "chump" in Latin, but don't quote me on that.
[+]
 Asura.Pintseyes
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-07-25 18:40:37  
Clarify a bit more on what exactly you're looking to see.

My personal Ah sales is a massive list, there isn't any ability to narrow it down or refine your sales to show X of what you want/need to see.

Currently I can view X sales, anything beyond X is gone I can't see it anymore? With a refined way to view your list maybe we could see all our own sales of say 1mil-2mil likewise allow us to date back a little farther than our profile settings allow as such I could see my last 3 months of sales that are 400k and over, something to that effect.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-25 18:54:55  
Asura.Pintseyes said: »
My personal Ah sales is a massive list, there isn't any ability to narrow it down or refine your sales to show X of what you want/need to see.

Currently I can view X sales, anything beyond X is gone I can't see it anymore? With a refined way to view your list maybe we could see all our own sales of say 1mil-2mil likewise allow us to date back a little farther than our profile settings allow as such I could see my last 3 months of sales that are 400k and over, something to that effect.

Not an unreasonable request. My concern is performance; I cannot overstate how HUGE the sales tables are. I'll investigate and see if this is something that can be done without bringing the server to its knees.
 Asura.Pintseyes
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-07-25 19:24:39  
Not an unreasonable request. My concern is performance; I cannot overstate how HUGE the sales tables are. I'll investigate and see if this is something that can be done without bringing the server to its knees.

Ya, I did consider that, wasn't really thinking of going back to 2006 or anything lol, just a bit more than our profile settings allow or simply allowing us to filter not date back at all could work well. If we get to pick what the 40 we see is via filters. But again that probably means keeping a deeper database and might be a little taxing.

I'll settle for "anything" that helps to reduce clutter =))

Thanks Rooks
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-26 12:46:08  
Would be great if in the server list you could sort people out by Nationality (flag).
It seems like it could work but if you press on that column nothing happens.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-26 13:12:17  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Would be great if in the server list you could sort people out by Nationality (flag).
It seems like it could work but if you press on that column nothing happens.

Wait, which list? It's probably simple, I just don't know which list you mean.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-07-26 13:16:45  
Guessing he means this

http://www.ffxiah.com/achievements/server/Asura/?st=73

And then searching for specific flags
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-26 13:43:21  
Yes I meant that one. The columns look like you can sort out according to them, but if you click on those nothing happens.

In the end I would be happy even with just a filter.
Put an ordered list (using the Achievement Points as a sorting criteria) but then filter so that only specific flags/nations get displayed.

To goal for me is that, how we manage to achieve it matters little to me.
I think it could be a nice feature.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-26 14:41:45  
Is it possible to put an expiration time on a friend request? There are a couple I ignored over 2 years ago and still won't go away!!
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 26 27 28