users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » +1 and NQ link on relevant items
+1 and NQ link on relevant items
 Bahamut.Stackhouse
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Stack1
By Bahamut.Stackhouse 2012-02-05 13:24:04  
As some items have a [stack] or [single] link next to them, I was curious if a [+1]/[+2], etc or [nq] link could be added to those items it would apply to. I think it would be a little easier to navigate, for crafters and those looking to either upgrade a piece or just compare nq and hq.

I looked through here and didn't see a suggestion for this. It's just a little thing really and more for convenience than anything else. If it's something that would take 1000 man hours to do, then I'll stop trying to be lazy. :)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Hiku
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: squirrel
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2012-02-05 13:47:30  
I can see doing this for items such as VWNM gear vs AH gear or something, though most (if not all) crafted items that have HQ and NQ synths have a "Recipes" area under comments and screenshots. Just from that table, it's fairly easy to see the NQ/HQ of said synth, as well as if it is used in any future synths. For those item's that don't have a recipes section, you may need to dig :x
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-02-05 14:10:08  
The majority of newer items (stuff made via Synergy for example), have no recipes listed. HQ Ocewhatever hat for example (was the first thing I saw on the front page >_>;).

I can't see it being overly easy to implement due to every HQ being a separate item, unless every item was compared via name. Something like:

Item: Charis Casaque
Search for items similar to "Charis Casaque"
Found: Charis Casaque +1
Make link: [+1]
Found: Charis Casaque +2
Make link: [+2]
Found: Charis Feather
Make link: Mismatched Name - Skip.

Even for some pieces of gear though, that wouldn't work well. For example:

Item: Alumine Haubert
Search for items similar to "Alumine Haubert"
Found: Lusiant Haubert
Make Link: Mismatched Name - Skip.

That said, if there was an easy way of implementing it, I could see this being a very welcome addition to the site.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-02-05 14:17:15  
If their database is set up in such a way that the ID for the HQ is 1 (or some other set amount) higher than the NQ, it would be fairly easy to add a link to "item ID+1" I would think. I'm not sure how they have it set up though.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-02-05 14:27:43  
I thought about that at first, but for things like Relic +2 (that was added to a set much later), the item ID's are out by a lot of numbers.

For example, DNC and DNC+1 are off by 1 number(11305/11306), whereas the +2 is several ID's below (10688). Older AF2 is even more skewed, RDM Hat is 15076, +1 is 15249 and +2 is 10654 (though I can't work out how +2's are going lower in Item ID >_>)

From what I can guess, the XIAH database is a direct copy of everything that comes from the Dats and is sorted by the games Item ID that's assigned to it.