New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Diabolos » Looking for an EGLS
Looking for an EGLS
 Diabolos.Swingandamiss
サーバ: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
By Diabolos.Swingandamiss 2009-05-06 00:39:58  
Experienced character looking to join a fun EGLS. PM me if you need members.

I have:
75 PLD
75 THF
72 BLM

Sea access, but not Sky.
I can play most nights of the week.
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-06 00:47:23  
Swingandamiss said:

Sea access, but not Sky.

Wait, how in the HELL can you have sea access, but not sky?

Thats like saying you got PLD to 75, but your WAR is still level 1.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-05-06 01:42:13  
Korpg...

Maybe you did zialart missions first, but he did it the other way round...

It is possible.., but I did zialart and then Chains...

so... meh =/
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-06 01:46:17  
First time I've ever heard of anyone having sea before sky aside from me, I got sky shortly after though, and didn't do any end game in sea aside from limbus for a much longer time.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-06 01:51:56  
As much of a pain in the *** it is to get sea, compared to getting sky.....

Thats my 2 cents.

It took me 1 and a half years to get past 2-3, not from lack of trying, but lack of people who are willing to stay longer than a subligar run (seriously, I got the minotaru killed like within a week of getting Tav access, but since we pretty much all died during that fight, I had to look around and go to a ***ton of subligar shouts, none of which got me past it until I was able to get a key for myself, then I duo'd it with a friend who was nice enough to help me).

Long story short, CoP fights suck ***.
 Diabolos.Swingandamiss
By Diabolos.Swingandamiss 2009-05-06 02:27:34  
Well, yeah. I never really intended to do EG stuff, and I also didn't see any reason to do Sky, other than to gain access to EG stuff. Anyhow, I'm in need of some help finishing Sky. :)

Also: Soon I will have WAR and BLM at 75.
 Garuda.Amara
サーバ: Garuda
user: Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-05-06 03:04:02  
You have pld at 75... yet didn't see a reason to do sky.... O.O Crimson legs? Koenig Schaller... O.O!!!!
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-06 04:20:22  
Neonracer said:
Korpg...

so... meh =/

Possible but unlikely and silly. Sky can easily be done in 1 day with just a random pt. Sea yeah several weaks at best with well equiped well put together pts with meds food strats special that fight only items. The 75 pld with lvl 1 war is an apt analogy or a 75 cor that doesnt even have nin or rng unlocked lol
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-06 04:25:12  
Dasva said:
Neonracer said:
Korpg...

so... meh =/

Possible but unlikely and silly. Sky can easily be done in 1 day with just a random pt. Sea yeah several weaks at best with well equiped well put together pts with meds food strats special that fight only items. The 75 pld with lvl 1 war is an apt analogy or a 75 cor that doesnt even have nin or rng unlocked lol

Hey, you just called me silly!

You're also forgetting that CoP is all level capped, me and my static, including 1 or 2 other people that didn't have any 75 jobs did it bit by bit as we levelled, to the point where sometimes we had to really grind out some levels to be ready for the next CoP mission lol

Plus, as a dedicated blu right from the get-go, you'll notice that as you get more access to different areas in CoP, you also get access to new spells that are about the same level as the level cap of those missions, so it made absolutely perfect sense for me to do CoP as I levelled.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-06 04:28:46  
true, but still. People usually don't do missions for CoP until they got the gil to do them, and whats the best way (besides buying it) to get gil? Farming, and high level farming at that.
 Seraph.Raiderxxii
サーバ: Seraph
By Seraph.Raiderxxii 2009-05-06 04:29:59  
Swingandamiss said:

Sea access, but not Sky.

There is nothing wrong with getting Sea access before Sky. That's how I did it. I was just lucky that I got through cop very fast.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-06 04:47:26  
Korpg said:
true, but still. People usually don't do missions for CoP until they got the gil to do them, and whats the best way (besides buying it) to get gil? Farming, and high level farming at that.

Another good point CoP is expensive. Though I guess now CoP has been so gimped that its much easier to breeze thru. Back when I did it, it was static or don't advance more or less. Shout pts were doomed to fail 90% of the time. Capped gear yeah you needed it. Merited jobs in those lvl capped areas yeah helped alot. I lvld rng just for promys and blm just for everything else. Hell half our strats involved having our merited 75 pld keep hate off me so I could kill whatever it was. While sky well i got before CoP came out in one day with like 12 people only 4 of whom had it or lvl 75. I was next highest lvl at like 60rdm often playing part of main heal/sleepga. Next highest I think was like 50 lol and we still did it in one day... even with having to redo alot of the headstones cause idiots didnt check them and then didnt check there key items even though they said they did...
 Diabolos.Swingandamiss
By Diabolos.Swingandamiss 2009-05-07 13:52:02  
Korpg said:
Swingandamiss said:

Sea access, but not Sky.

Wait, how in the HELL can you have sea access, but not sky?

Thats like saying you got PLD to 75, but your WAR is still level 1.

Just from my perspective, look at the reward for completing Sea, and then look at the reward for completing Sky. The ring you get from the ZM is not even in the same category as the Rajas. If I wasn't planning on doing any EG, and I was just looking at the tangible rewards, I think Sea was a no-brainer.
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-05-07 14:01:13  
Blazza said:
Dasva said:
Neonracer said:
Korpg...

so... meh =/

Hey, you just called me silly!

You're also forgetting that CoP is all level capped, me and my static, including 1 or 2 other people that didn't have any 75 jobs did it bit by bit as we levelled, to the point where sometimes we had to really grind out some levels to be ready for the next CoP mission lol

Plus, as a dedicated blu right from the get-go, you'll notice that as you get more access to different areas in CoP, you also get access to new spells that are about the same level as the level cap of those missions, so it made absolutely perfect sense for me to do CoP as I levelled.

I'm one of those people that did ZM4 and beyond with a Rajas on my finger. I also started FFXI about 6 months after the ToAU release, so my progression through the game has been different from that of the long-time veterans.

I did CoP like Blazza did. I was among the 2 or 3 people in the static who were doing CoP as we leveled our first jobs to 75. We gathered to do the fights once a week, and since we all had busy RLs, it wasn't uncommon for any given week's CoP night to be canceled. It worked out pretty well if you're one of those people that can tolerate a slow-moving static. Despite a few breaks thrown in here and there, we ultimately finished CoP in about 11 months.