サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-05 16:45:28  
01-05-2012 02:13 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

You can talk the talk, but can you walk…the Walk of Echoes? (sorry...)

I have some information in regards to some positive adjustments to be made to rewards obtainable in Walk of Echoes. The development team is currently working on the below changes:

• Raising drop rate on Devious Die in Walks eight through eleven.

• Planning to adjust the rate so that roughly half of the members that participate will be able to obtain the item.

• Magic scrolls geared towards level 96+ will be added to the rewards of Walks twelve through fifteen.

As long as everything goes smoothly, we will be implementing these adjustments during the test server update which is scheduled for the latter half of next week. Please let us know your opinions on this!
Subscribe

02-07-2012 02:11 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Hello!

I would like to share some information about our planned adjustments to Walk of Echoes, as well as our objectives for these adjustments.

The following changes will be reflected in the mid-February version update.
(Only changes that have been implemented on the test server)

Gildrein said:
  • The following adjustments will be made to spoils in the Walk of Echoes:

• Walks 8–11: The drop rate for Devious Dice will be increased so that approximately half of all battle participants will receive them.

• Walks 12–15: Enemies will drop magic scrolls for spells learnable at level 96

Next, we plan on implementing the following three specs to accomplish our objectives.

Objectives
  • Shorten the wait time (make it easier to participate in content successively)

• Adjust difficulty of boss battles

• Adjust difficulty immediately after entering

Specs
  • Remove the wait time to re-obtain “Kupofried’s Medallion”

• Ease up on damage dealt by AoE attacks from bosses
    Same as the specs to be implemented for Voidwatch

• Obtain a temporary item when entering a walk

We plan on allowing players to obtain one of five random temporary items.
In addition, we plan on implementing the following changes after the above objectives are accomplished. Our goal is to make the content easier to participate in, complete, and gain rewards from.

• Addition of bonus walks
    This would allow players to enter a walk with certain bonuses like increased EXP, increased loot drop rate and weakened monsters. These bonuses will be determined when entering a walk.
    We’re currently working on determining what requirements must be met to activate bonus walks, whether or not players are notified about their bonuses, and how players are informed about their bonuses.

• Implementation of skill increase
    This has been implemented on the test server.
    There are many different playing styles for this content (gain skill points, just complete the content, etc.) so we would like to continue to collect your feedback.

Also, many of you requested to remove the restriction of being unable to enter walks that are 50% completed, but we have no plans on removing this restriction. If we were to remove this restriction, players would be able to enter a walk right before the boss is defeated just to gain EXP.

However, if every player is in favor of removing this restriction, there is a possibility of us removing it, but we believe that this adjustment would put us in a similar situation as we were in before the walks were updated. Players might ask to have the restriction changed to 95%, 90%, 80% and so on and so forth, but this would just be a matter of personal preference, so I believe that we should stick with the 50% figure.

Please let us know what you think.
Subscribe

02-23-2012 02:02 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings! I have a message from Mizuki Ito in regards to Walk of Echoes adjustments

Mizuki Ito said:
Thanks for all of the feedback.
We will be making preparations to allow skill increases.

Also, with tomorrow’s version update the easing of damage received from bosses’ AoE attacks will be implemented.

Furthermore, the below adjustments will be taking place during the following test server update:

• Elimination of wait time associated with the key item “Kupofried’s Medallion”

• Players will receive temporary items upon entry to Walks.
    ※5 will be given and the types will be random.

Subscribe

02-24-2012 04:46 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1096] Walk of Echoes Adjustments

• Area attacks unleashed by bosses will deal less damage.

*As of the February 24 test server update, only the content above has been implemented.

• The waiting period to receive the “Kupofried’s Medallion” key item will be abolished.

• Temporary items will be obtainable upon entering a Walk.
    *Players will receive a random selection of approximately five items.

Subscribe

03-01-2012 01:44 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

With tomorrow’s test server update we will be implementing the below changes to Walk of Echoes:

• Reduction of damage received by boss AoE attacks

• Elimination of the wait time associated with the key item “Kupofried’s Medallion.”

• Players will be given temporary items upon entry to Walks.

In addition to the above, we are also making final adjustments to the skill increase system that is already on the test server and planning to implement them in the version update slated for the end of March.
Subscribe
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-05 16:51:12  
Feel sorry for people who bought Devious Dice for 200k+
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-01-05 17:23:27  
Well best I heard the 95-99 WoE upgrade item falls like rain, no reason for the Dice to be the hangup anymore.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Vrytreya
サーバ: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-01-05 22:18:04  
Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Feel sorry for people who bought Devious Dice for 200k+
You will feel sorry for everyone throughout the history of this game working on premium item through their hard work.

Good news that is I might get my +3 WoE weapons finishes faster.
 Siren.Utsusemi
user: Aurafrost
By Siren.Utsusemi 2012-01-05 22:31:05  
Nice update.. except that last floor being like hell.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-01-05 22:45:00  
•Raising drop rate on Devious Die in Walks eight through eleven.

That sounds great except for the fact that I don't see anyone doing walks 8-11 now...
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-01-05 22:55:38  
Maybe until they realize they can't finish the flux #12~#15 being a birdbrain. And they will move back again to #9...
By runeghost 2012-01-06 15:55:58  
I don't see people doing -any- of them most of the time... if I want to do WoE at all I have to wake up around 6am and join with Japanese players until around 11am ...the rest of the time there is at most 3 or 4 people there...
-R
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2012-01-07 14:50:38  
runeghost said: »
I don't see people doing -any- of them most of the time... if I want to do WoE at all I have to wake up around 6am and join with Japanese players until around 11am ...the rest of the time there is at most 3 or 4 people there...
-R

Yeah it is the same here mostly, though sometimes if you start a shout in Port Jueno you may have some luck. One way they could of packed WoE is require liminal residue also for Empy's for their trial.
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2012-01-07 14:55:22  
am i the only one that spammed the new walks when they came out thinking i could get the new scrolls? >.>;
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2012-01-07 15:02:44  
Bismarck.Patrik said: »
am i the only one that spammed the new walks when they came out thinking i could get the new scrolls? >.>;

I didnt specifically spam them for scrolls but was hoping it would be a nice side bonus to finishing my WoE weapon.
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2012-01-07 15:04:17  
speaking of which, and mostly on topic. how do the liminal and dice drops seem for people on the newer walks? i haven't done them nearly as much as i've done the others because of the lack of people, so didn't get a great feel for drops
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2012-01-07 19:25:08  
Liminal residue in the new fluxes drops pretty well, I'll have my bad stretches, like 1/7, but most of the time I find it to be about 50-60% drop rate. Die in the newer fluxes is fairly rare.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-01-08 00:41:19  
Haven't seen any dice in the new ones, got 4 liminal residue in about 15 or 16 runs.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-13 09:11:10  

01-13-2012 05:26 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1066] Walk of Echoes Adjustments

• Walks 8–11: The drop rate for Devious Dice will be increased so that approximately half of all battle participants will receive them.

Subscribe
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-07 14:23:55  
Update on topic today:

02-07-2012 02:11 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Hello!

I would like to share some information about our planned adjustments to Walk of Echoes, as well as our objectives for these adjustments.

The following changes will be reflected in the mid-February version update.
(Only changes that have been implemented on the test server)

Gildrein said:

Next, we plan on implementing the following three specs to accomplish our objectives.

Objectives
  • Shorten the wait time (make it easier to participate in content successively)

• Adjust difficulty of boss battles

• Adjust difficulty immediately after entering

Specs
  • Remove the wait time to re-obtain “Kupofried’s Medallion”

• Ease up on damage dealt by AoE attacks from bosses
    Same as the specs to be implemented for Voidwatch

• Obtain a temporary item when entering a walk

We plan on allowing players to obtain one of five random temporary items.
In addition, we plan on implementing the following changes after the above objectives are accomplished. Our goal is to make the content easier to participate in, complete, and gain rewards from.

• Addition of bonus walks
    This would allow players to enter a walk with certain bonuses like increased EXP, increased loot drop rate and weakened monsters. These bonuses will be determined when entering a walk.
    We’re currently working on determining what requirements must be met to activate bonus walks, whether or not players are notified about their bonuses, and how players are informed about their bonuses.

• Implementation of skill increase
    This has been implemented on the test server.
    There are many different playing styles for this content (gain skill points, just complete the content, etc.) so we would like to continue to collect your feedback.

Also, many of you requested to remove the restriction of being unable to enter walks that are 50% completed, but we have no plans on removing this restriction. If we were to remove this restriction, players would be able to enter a walk right before the boss is defeated just to gain EXP.

However, if every player is in favor of removing this restriction, there is a possibility of us removing it, but we believe that this adjustment would put us in a similar situation as we were in before the walks were updated. Players might ask to have the restriction changed to 95%, 90%, 80% and so on and so forth, but this would just be a matter of personal preference, so I believe that we should stick with the 50% figure.

Please let us know what you think.
Subscribe
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-07 14:38:46  
No more VD way time needs to be done like, now.
 Valefor.Rancor
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2012-02-07 15:04:13  
If it still takes 30+ people this content is still dead otuside the test server. WoE Is pretty much 100% dead oN Valefor from what I have seen. Think a few linkshellss run it to make money off it but aside from that its dead. Perhaps once the game is out of this imaginary beta Ls's will be formed just for WoE
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-07 15:06:52  
I'm sure this is only taking so many people due to the lack of coordination and strategy.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-07 15:11:16  
I cleared Conflux 15 with 18 people the other night, why does it require 30?
 Valefor.Rancor
By Valefor.Rancor 2012-02-07 15:23:24  
Better question is how did you find 18 people? :P
It doesnt.
18 is still a lot
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-07 15:25:35  
JPs do it every morning mostly, that's your best shot at getting in on it really. Even LSs that used to run it don't anymore since VW is better money/hr, but the JPs are a nice source of people to do a few successful runs a day.

I foresee the above changes making it much easier to get people to go though.
 Valefor.Rancor
By Valefor.Rancor 2012-02-07 15:26:54  
Yeah I imagine so. I gave up trying because every time I did there were like 5 afk people in the zone. Prices of gear sky rocketing too due to no one participating in the event and it being wanted.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-07 15:27:15  
Forban capes are some serious cash, only need 6 people or so for that flux.
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-07 23:01:40  
Quote:
Ease up on damage dealt by AoE attacks from bosses
It's better to ease up all the AoE. Not just from bosses. Even minions have enough power on their AoE to kill people who's not in PT with dedicated healer. (cue to flux 9 : Warped wail -> storm wing = zombie till the game ends)
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2012-02-07 23:14:32  
Valefor.Rancor said: »
Better question is how did you find 18 people? :P
It doesnt.
18 is still a lot

No its not. I did a shout a few weeks ago and got spammed with tells. We ended up capping the zone pretty quick.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-23 18:11:59  
Didn't want to make another topic, bumping this up:

02-23-2012 02:02 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings! I have a message from Mizuki Ito in regards to Walk of Echoes adjustments

Mizuki Ito said:
Thanks for all of the feedback.
We will be making preparations to allow skill increases.

Also, with tomorrow’s version update the easing of damage received from bosses’ AoE attacks will be implemented.

Furthermore, the below adjustments will be taking place during the following test server update:

• Elimination of wait time associated with the key item “Kupofried’s Medallion”

• Players will receive temporary items upon entry to Walks.
    ※5 will be given and the types will be random.

Subscribe
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-23 19:16:57  
So wait, you'll be able to get Kupofried's Medallion as soon as you gtfo the battlefield?
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-02-23 19:17:23  
Bismarck.Sylow said: »
So wait, you'll be able to get Kupofried's Medallion as soon as you gtfo the battlefield?

That's what it sounds like. Incoming massive price crash for a lot of items.

And inb4 my 5th temp as I start is a brew lulz... Would make a lot of the WoE clears way too easy.
First Page 2