Rate Up/down = A Privelage?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Rate up/down = A privelage?
Rate up/down = A privelage?
 Titan.Aletheia
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: AnslemXI
By Titan.Aletheia 2008-04-12 06:47:21  
Simply put, there are a LOT of trolls here on FFXIAH, the comment and rating system is just so abused. I have seen perfectly reasonable comments sub defaulted with no explanation whatsoever. Even people stating facts have been rated down and rated down hard... why? It's not just in small numbers either, rate downs usually seem to be in huge numbers per comment and they are just spread out all over the entire site and across every server.

I do believe that everyone should be allowed to express whether they agree with someone or not, but it's gotten pretty ridiculous. The majority of users here just randomly rate down comments for no reason at all.

How about some sort of system that would cut down on all the senseless clicking here? Perhaps you have to have at least one (or two) lvl 75 job(s), or be a certain rank, or a certain level in crafting...or hell even a combination of those three. Depending on how many of those criteria you meet you would be allowed a certain number of rate up or downs per day. If you don't meet any of them...you can't rate, simple as that.

Just a few rough ideas for an improvement. I would just like to be able to read helpful comments from other users without immediately being led to believe that their comments are spam >.>
 Bahamut.Kindadarii
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kindadarii 2008-04-12 07:53:36  
Keep in mind that just because you think something is helpful doesn't mean everyone else does. I have never really seen any comments which aren't rated accurately, except for a couple which, if anything, are rated too high for my tastes (scores of 60 for comments that just list what people's drop rate on the item is).

As it is, each person is limited to one vote per comment. If a person has multiple accounts for this purpose, I'm sure that is/will be taken care of. But to impose restrictions on who can vote... that's just wrong. Different things are meaningful to different people are different times. A new player may find a comment on "Revival root" that it /doesn't/ have any healing power very useful, but to an experienced player (say, post 60) it's obviously not.

Also, low rank != spam. Low rank just means that many people (15 more than those who thought otherwise) didn't think it was helpful. I'm still of the opinion, related to the rating system, that it may work better as a % rather than as a fixed number, and after a certain number of scores with an overall score of less than x% it's hidden. I would find a score of 25% much more helpful than a score of -5, but that's just me.
 Leviathan.Cymmina
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2008-04-12 08:06:29  
I have accidentally rated down someone by clicking in the wrong spot.

Aletheia said:
How about some sort of system that would cut down on all the senseless clicking here? Perhaps you have to have at least one (or two) lvl 75 job(s), or be a certain rank, or a certain level in crafting...or hell even a combination of those three.

Absolutely no no no. See my profile? It hasn't been updated in ages. Know why? Square, in their infinite wisdom, felt that only people belonging to registered linkshells get to view their character information via website.

What does being level 75 prove anyway? That you spent more time leveling than I did. Is my contribution any less valid than yours? Are you any less likely to be a *** when it comes to anonymous ratings?
[+]