users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Stoicheion Medal vs Saevus Pendant
Stoicheion Medal vs Saevus Pendant
 Hades.Tripster
サーバ: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2011-12-18 12:57:58  
I recently bought a Saevus Pendant right before the update. Then it came Stoicheion Medal.

SAEVUS PENDANT
[Neck] All Races
Magic Accuracy-3 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+9
LV 93 WHM BLM SMN PUP SCH

STOICHEION MEDAL
[Neck] All Races
Magic Accuracy+2 "Magic Attack Bonus"+8 Elemental magic casting time -3%
LV 97 All Jobs

I'm looking for the general consensus, which one would you say it's best and why?
By mortontony1 2011-12-18 13:00:33  
Stocheion, imo the -3 casting time makes up for the -1 to MAB, and the acc. is just a bonus.
 Ragnarok.Terazuma
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Terazuma 2011-12-18 13:03:44  
Damage is damage, and saevus pendant has more damage. If the -m.acc is a problem from saevus as a BLM, then you should probably keep your elemental magic skilled.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2011-12-18 13:04:37  
while there's no "best" I personally have a jeweled collar with fast cast +3 and could care less about 5 macc so Saevus
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-12-18 13:09:17  
Saevus Pendant. Like its been said damage is damage. if 3macc is making or breaking ur nukes I suggest u dont abyssea burn ur blm or at least take the time to cap ur elemental magic
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-12-18 13:33:41  
Saveus but I like the other one for other jobs!
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2011-12-18 13:55:16  
Correct answer is: Use both... precast with the medal, end cast with the pendant.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-12-18 14:12:31  
I just got me Stoicheion Medal. WIth it, I carry a +88 nuking MAB. My nuking Int is 113+42 (with food cause I never nuke without it). Prior to that, I used a Goetia Chain, which made my nuking +MAB only +80. My Int at the time was only a base of 101 ( the new merits weren't available ). However, I did test the pendant vs the chain at that time, saw a damage improvement of perhaps 5%. I like the Medal over the Pendant though, because it's +MACC and - casting time make it sexier. Btw, My blm is not abyssea burned. Though it's not quite capped yet, my elemental magic is at 412 (441 with gear).
I'm not concerned about the having or not having the MACC. I don't meet with any resists. However, no one likes - stats on their gear. Only exception I'd make is the Oneiros headgear (it's -macc would be canceled out by the medal anyways).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Zeroburning
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Zeroburning 2011-12-18 14:16:33  
Is say use both I use pendent on blm and medal on rdm about time they gave rdm a mab neck
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2011-12-18 17:12:47  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Asura.Malekith said: »
Correct answer is: Use both... precast with the medal, end cast with the pendant.
2+ million gil for 3% when you can farm free fast cast 3% in slot (for all casting types, not just elemental?)
If one can get a fastcast +3 jeweled collar off gold boxes, all the more power to them! But let's be serious it's not like farming that item is a given, it's luck.
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2011-12-19 16:33:45  
They're both useful, but I would lead toward the medal if you also use RDM, COR, or want more MAB for elemental WSs on various jobs. If you're really serious then obviously 1 MAB is better and assuming you are that serious the -3 (-5 by comparison) Macc should have no real effect on you, so grab the pendant, or both. Personally I just wouldn't want to have 2 items that are so similar due to the space and cost, and given that the medal is only a slight drop in MAB for BLM but a big boost for jobs that can't use the pendant it's an easy choice.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-12-19 16:59:51  
Sylph.Liltrouble said: »
However, I did test the pendant vs the chain at that time, saw a damage improvement of perhaps 5%.
Only way you could see improvement is if you got resists...ur skill is either far from cap OR ur nuking to the wrong element on an NM that specifically resistant to that type of magic.

I don't meet with any resists.
Apparently you do if Stoicheion Medal is out parsing Saevus, as you said above.

However, no one likes - stats on their gear.
Prolly same people with uncapped skill and using wrong nukes. Just saying.

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
2+ million gil for 3% when you can farm free fast cast 3% in slot (for all casting types, not just elemental?)
Well for BLM yes, your better off saving the 2M+. But a slew of other jobs come to mind, BLU COR RDM...etc.. who can benefit from MAB in that slot.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2011-12-19 17:08:53  
Medal > Pendant

Medal is a HUGE space saver and space is at a premium, and can be used for many other things on many other jobs. The space(s) it saves can be used to add other things that are far more beneficial than 1 MAB and -5 Macc.

...and lol at the people who think their sh*t doesn't stink because they're rocking a neck that has 1 more MAB than someone else.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Jajabiondina
By Ragnarok.Jajabiondina 2012-01-24 20:25:25  
Stoicheon cause my main is rdm.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
By Xorn 2012-03-18 17:12:43  
searing sash
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker