users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Character Gear / Stat / Macro builder
Character Gear / Stat / Macro builder
 Garuda.Tirgen
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Tirgen
By Garuda.Tirgen 2008-04-09 14:15:38  
Some of this idea may already exists, but I'm sure the ffxiah crew could do a much nicer & online version of it.

I've been thinking that is would be really nice to have a interface that let you build and equip your character with any item (appropriate to the job / level of course).

So some kind of screen where you pick a race, job (with level), subjob (with level) and then you can equip it. Having the race and jobs you can determine the base stats. Maybe add a way to add adjustment for merits. Each time you put in a pice of gear the stats for the char should update. Would also be good to have additional info displayed like how much +acc, +racc, +mab you are wearing (all the important stats the game doesn't tell yo). Maybe even have a feature that generates the /equip <slot> <item> text so you can paste it into a macro.

I persoanlly think this would be useful for setting up gear paths, customizing gear sets for different situations (weapon skill, Tp ect..) even just keeping track of how much MAB you are wearing without having to add it up (lazy I know)
 Unicorn.Claquesous
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2008-04-10 10:37:25  
My site does some of the things you're asking. I'm sure the guys here could do better, but it seems a bit outside of the regular focus of this site. Unless you're trying to get price quotes in comparison to stats like STR per gil. That could be cool.
 Gilgamesh.Eole
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Eole
By Gilgamesh.Eole 2008-04-10 11:00:04  
Your website delivers the best gears already equipped, I think the OP (and I) would like to have something like this :

http://characters.shirtninjas.com/profile.php?profile=1063

But it seems this website is only for their LS members (That's too bad cause it looks really cool !)

Good day to you.
 Garuda.Tirgen
サーバ: Garuda
user: Tirgen
By Garuda.Tirgen 2008-04-10 14:25:18  
While it does seem out side the normal commerece and crafting geared content FFXIAH started with, you can see thigns have started to change slightly with the recent
achievment / relic tracking features being implmented here. With the member info pages and such, I suspect it wont be too long before you can start to track all your gear ect, and this was something I'm suggesting along those lines.

Str/Gil sounds pretty cool, or even generating an equip shopping cart and seeing the gil required to obtain would be a nice feature.

Claq, Checked out your site and that is probably better version of what I had envisioned in some ways.

I had pictured using a much more manual process to accomplish a similiar goal. You cut out a lot of that work by equiping all the best pieces which is pretty cool. It is a great tool just how it is. Judging by the change log though, you are like me, you dig into a project (usually just a little project) and then keep tinkering making it better and better, so I suspect these ideas will be welcome, or maybe ever spark an idea from you. Please don't think I am degrading what youhave at all, just some additional features I'd love to see.

How about adding a macro-esque piece of text for each slot that has an equip in it? Looks like that shouldn't be to terribly difficult. You get the HMP set, then quickly copy it down on a piece of paper, alt-tab over to ffxi-calc, type in the gear, miss-spell half of it, alt tab back over... screw that noise, just copy and paste it off the page!

Second idea, really 2 complementery ideas. How about adding a 'Lock this slot' and then letting the user pick another 'pimp my stats' query. So for example I run the MAB set for blm, lock in hands, and body, then run the Elemental skill query and it puts gear in the slots that apply and are not locked.

Great site as is though, thanks for sharing it.