users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Daurdabla Macros
Daurdabla Macros
 Fenrir.Loraley
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Ryuchan
By Fenrir.Loraley 2011-10-22 02:20:14  
Without jinxing myself, I plan on finishing my Daurdabla within the next 48 hours. With that in mind, I've been debating on what the best way to macro the harp in would be. (Please note I do not, and will not be using spellcast, windower macros, etc.)

The basic plan that I have currently is to have a single macro on my buff song palette that only swaps in the harp. Have the top row (CTRL) macros be the two top tiers of songs with their respective instruments macro'd, and the corresponding bottom row (ALT) have the third tier song without the instrument macro'd (or macro the harp?).

ie.,
[CTRL-3]: Minuet
/so "Valor Minuet V" <me>
/equip range "Apollo's Flute" <wait 2>
/so "Valor Minuet IV" <st>

[ALT-3]
/so "Valor Minuet III" <st>
/equip range "Daurdabla"

I feel this will give me the best options for mixing and matching songs, and if I have a "Daurdabla equip only" macro, I can easily just put the harp on when I need a third buff. Is there an easier way, or a more convenient way that anyone has come up with to do this? As I said, I don't actually have the completely finished harp yet, so I can't exactly test it out to see how well it really works. Thoughts?
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-10-22 02:25:11  
Looks fine to me. Since the most common combination will be march, march, minuet have a minuet 5 on your Alt if that was your plan.
 Fenrir.Loraley
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ryuchan
By Fenrir.Loraley 2011-10-22 02:29:58  
Oh, I didn't think about that. I could definitely wiggle in space to put a Minuet V instrument-less macro on the ALT line, or see if I'm fast enough to just button mash the Daurdabla on after hitting the main macro... I'll have to see when I actually get it just how fast my buffs go off vs. how fast I can switch instruments. :) Thanks!
 Valefor.Philemon
サーバ: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2011-10-22 02:54:34  
CTRL+1 is my equip Daurdabla macro. Only issue is getting it equipped if you have precast and midcast sets. Particularly if you are using Deep Devourer.