users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » KoR Build
KoR Build
 Odin.Newkid
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Newkid717
By Odin.Newkid 2011-10-18 01:46:02  
Brother recently got Excal, was wondering whats the best build for KoR including any augmentable gear. Thanks ahead of time
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-18 02:05:41  
I'm only guessing, but Neck/Belt/Ear1 will probably change depending on whether you are inside Aby or not.

As far as I know, the only augmented item that could hold a place in the set would be HQ Heca Leggings with perfect augments.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-10-18 03:21:59  
Stirgoi over the MND ring (more overall attack) and str\mnd mods are both %, and knowing how low a PLDs attack is, Grim(+1) is probably better?
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-10-18 04:34:51  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Stirgoi over the MND ring (more overall attack) and str\mnd mods are both %, and knowing how low a PLDs attack is, Grim(+1) is probably better?
Aswell as the Mekira-oto +1 and justicier torque, probably anguinus belt too probably.

I had Kine had excalibur to the spreadsheets btw, he also was nice enough to update the pld spreadsheets aswell and its much more organize. The only issue atm we're having is info on excalibur, if any excalibur wielders know maybe they can provide their own exp/knowledge with the following:

Does enlight take priority over additional damage or vice versa??? is the additional damage proc still 10%??

That being said, the additional damage, as far as I know hasnt been added to the equation of the spreadsheet yet but any help is welcomed to speed this up as I have already asked one of the excal holders and hoping for them to find time but if anyone else can feel free to do so
 Phoenix.Naratu
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Naratu 2011-10-18 05:28:16  
Asura.Xeth said: »
Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »
Aswell as the Mekira-oto +1 and justicier torque, probably anguinus belt too probably.

I had Kine had excalibur to the spreadsheets btw, he also was nice enough to update the pld spreadsheets aswell and its much more organize. The only issue atm we're having is info on excalibur, if any excalibur wielders know maybe they can provide their own exp/knowledge with the following:

Does enlight take priority over additional damage or vice versa??? is the additional damage proc still 10%??

That being said, the additional damage, as far as I know hasnt been added to the equation of the spreadsheet yet but any help is welcomed to speed this up as I have already asked one of the excal holders and hoping for them to find time but if anyone else can feel free to do so
PLD can't wear that.

i lol'd
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Rooks
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-10-18 06:52:16  
Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »

Enlight does trump the additional damage. You won't get it at all with enlight on (which actually made my trials easier, because the add. effect would accidentally kill mobs a lot).

Rate doesn't seem to have changed but I haven't really tested it.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-18 08:27:15  
Interested to see if Mekira oto +1 would really beat Twilight Helm in any scenario. The extra 10 MND looks like a nice boost for a WS that has 40% str&mnd mods.
 Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs 2011-10-18 12:18:36  
Dilaram's Sollerets : DEF:26 STR+8 DEX+8 VIT+8 AGI+8 Attack+16 Critical hit rate -8%
Probably better feet because of all that attack you get.
 Quetzalcoatl.Coder
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: coder
By Quetzalcoatl.Coder 2011-10-18 12:26:45  
Stirgoi over the MND ring (more overall attack) and str\mnd mods are both %

why not swap the rajas for strigoi instead of the mnd ring which is giving 5 modifier and 5 skill? Dex doesn't help KoR so rajas only good for the 5 mod as well.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-10-18 21:29:03  
Asura.Xeth said: »
PLD can't wear that.
Careless mistake, thank you. Not sure why I thought otherwise.

Sheelay said:
Interested to see if Mekira oto +1 would really beat Twilight Helm in any scenario. The extra 10 MND looks like a nice boost for a WS that has 40% str&mnd mods.
Its not effectively 10, since Mekira is +6 str more and being both the same % of mods, thus its only 4mnd. Therefore its 4mnd vs 8attack, possible 1~2fstr.

Cerberus.Kelhor said: »
Enlight does trump the additional damage. You won't get it at all with enlight on (which actually made my trials easier, because the add. effect would accidentally kill mobs a lot). Rate doesn't seem to have changed but I haven't really tested it.
Thanks Kelhor appreciate it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [45 days between previous and next post]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-12-02 15:24:05  
can anyone post ss's of what KoR is doing in terms of dmg at 95?
or maybe how it compares to CDC outside abyssea.

i'm saving currency now for my relic, kinda torn between excali and amano, so would really help with my decision making lol. thanks!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-02 17:44:33  
Comparable to Vorpal? Maybe? It's still pretty bad.