フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Help » Forum Post Rating and Reporting
Forum Post Rating and Reporting
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-21 01:41:54
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Nah you're fine. I'm just giving some ideas that should pertain only to the user without affecting others through some system of measurement to determine how tangible one's post is.
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-21 01:47:33  
Somehow, people look at some other's posts and agree with them before they form their own conclusions about a person.

Hence the Korpg vs Malekith problem.

People are going to take sides, regardless of knowing each of the fighters. Thats what humans do.

I just don't want this problem to affect somebody's questions that I happen to have the answer for (see the recent double drop = cheating? thread). I do give good information 99% of the time. Sometimes however, I make mistakes out of passion (hence the recent Malekith thread) but thats proof I'm human and not a robot.

People are going to see the passion in me and hate me for it.....
[+]
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-21 01:49:17  
And lets not forget all the people that are highly amused by rating ***down for no reason at all...
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-21 01:51:29

It's going to be rather amusing to see this system in full swing in the "Flame Core" section of the forums.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-21 01:52:32  
Just noticed that Scragg added my request!

Thanks Scragg
[+]
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2009-04-21 02:10:31  
Well I will monitor this closely and see what happens... if a troll decides its funny to rate everyone down. I will strip their privs and delete all of there ratings.. and maybe call them out and make them famous. Gotta have a verified char to rate btw.

Korpg, I have read some really good posts from you, and I will + you for it. Some of your point of views might have some silent support. Hopefully no one will score based on the poster.
[+]
 Remora.Kindle
サーバ: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-04-21 02:16:35  
He don't like mine!
[+]
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-21 02:24:51

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
And lets not forget all the people that are highly amused by rating ***down for no reason at all...

hehehehehehehehe....I mean...<breath> I'm just messing around here. I'll barely use it really
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-21 02:25:44  
While looking back at the first page, I saw a bunch of -1s. Figured somebody was already doing their ***.

So, I + them all.
[+]
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-04-21 02:38:14  
People asked for this and now they got it, I only hope folks are happy with the aftermath.

Wheee more numbers to stoke egos!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-21 02:48:12  
Scragg said:
Well I will monitor this closely and see what happens... if a troll decides its funny to rate everyone down. I will strip their privs and delete all of there ratings.. and maybe call them out and make them famous. Gotta have a verified char to rate btw.

Korpg, I have read some really good posts from you, and I will + you for it. Some of your point of views might have some silent support. Hopefully no one will score based on the poster.

Just wondering, have you guys been tracking who rates how on the submitted pictures? Seeing all the almost instant low ratings, I have to wonder if it's not a handful of people immediately rating down almost every picture.
I can safely say I'm not going to use this function much for the time being. It'll be interesting to watch who and what gets rated how though.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-04-21 03:02:48  
Malekith said:
People asked for this and now they got it, I only hope folks are happy with the aftermath.

Wheee more numbers to stoke egos!

I hear ya Brotha... I don't really care about the #'s system, Really.. If my posts get reated down, means noody cares...but Like Scragg said, Perhaps I will make it so that I don't see them.. IDC if I'm Poster #843 on a thread, I just wanted to put in some valued input to the thread.
Male.. I posted up for ya Brah.... /
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
サーバ: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-04-21 06:08:03  
blah blah words. It's nothing to take too seriously, but if you at least decide to put some insight or contributions in your posts, you shouldn't get rated down. A little humour is usually nice, too.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-21 06:49:19  
I still think it would be easier to moderate with moderators, because Korpg's post:

Korpg said:
While looking back at the first page, I saw a bunch of -1s. Figured somebody was already doing their ***.

So, I + them all.

Is in negatives already, and what's wrong with that post? We'll either have people rating posts down because of the poster and not the post content, or have people rating people down just because a big, shiny minus button is there. It won't be regular posters using this feature; it will be people just reading the forums out of boredom, not posting, and rating everyone down just because they can; or not-so-regular posters who rate somebody down because they're bored.

So long as nothing is censored based on the scores, there's obviously no problem with it, but what does this exactly fix? The effort is appreciated, but sadly, I can't see what difference this is going to make in the long run except give you a headache from "My post got Rated to -100 QQQ" complaints. =\
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-21 06:56:15  
People will rate down regardless for the lulz, as said previously. (Guilty myself btw, I rated like.. a few down cause they were asking for it practically! ;p )

Scragg said:
Hopefully no one will score based on the poster.

This is almost an impossiblity. If a person doesnt like another person, for whatever reason, They're going to rate down regardless. It's human nature.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-21 06:57:31  
I'm not going to touch the rating system, but unfortunately, I'm just 3 of 30,287 verified characters that can rate down...

We should have a contest though. See who can get the most rated down post! Problem with that is I think Korpg would have a head start. =P
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-21 06:58:45  
Wooooodum said:
I'm not going to touch the rating system, but unfortunately, I'm just 3 of 30,287 verified characters that can rate down...

We should have a contest though. See who can get the most rated down post! Problem with that is I think Korpg would have a head start. =P

I could always start up my easter thread again ;p

I'm sure that'd blow past Korpg, rating-down wise. xD