New Site Section Suggestion - Crafter Orders/contracts

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » New site section suggestion - Crafter orders/contracts
New site section suggestion - Crafter orders/contracts
 Ragnarok.Lateralusrules
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Lateralusrules 2008-03-31 21:58:30  
I've been thinking about an idea regarding a new section that I feel could possibly stimulate the crafting community aspect of the site - the concept of a 'crafting contracts' section. I'm interested in your thoughts.

THE BASIC IDEA
------------
Say for example I require 200 of item X, but don't have the means to make them myself.
The way I envision this section working, I would specify that I need X amount of item Y, list the timeframe they are required within, and possibly a max price I am willing to pay.

Potential crafters could put in a bid for the contract (i.e. The price they are willing to make the items for), and I could review any bids and select an offer.

This contract would be marked as 'filled' on the site. (In other words, I see the order being placed and approved BEFORE people rush off making items - to avoid multiple crafters making items and finding they are no longer needed).

The crafter would then provide the items within the timeframe specified, and the contract would be completed.

ADVANCED IDEAS / RANDOM THOUGHTS
-------------------------------
I'm aware this could be open to exploitation, so I was thinking along the lines of a system that incorporated a feedback mechanism. When the contract is completed, some form of feedback could be given about the other party involved in the transaction. Whether this would take the place of a positive/negative/neutral system à la ebay, or a 1-10 rating, or some other system - I don't know.

This system would allow people to give a rating, and comment on the other party. (Were they able to fulfil the order? Did they mess you about? Did they try and break the payment agreement or change the price? Were they available for contact easily? Did the buyer place an order, only to pull out, leaving you with useless items? Questions like these...)
This would allow both sides to weigh up the potential risks vs the benefits of entering into an agreement.

Also, another possibility would be the situation where someone regularly needs X amount of item Y. Perhaps a system like this could allow for automatically recurring contract placements - OR a contract between a buyer and supplier that specifies regular deliveries.

Payment types - if this section were to actually get developed, perhaps an idea would be to have different payment types. For example, would a 'deposit' be needed? Could the payment be given half up front to cover material costs, or would it be paid upon delivery of the items?

Delivery means - would this be delivered in person, or via delivery box? For large orders - would it all be delivered in bulk, or staggered?

Well, if you've made it this far, thanks for reading!
 Kujata.Kenada
サーバ: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Kenada
By Kujata.Kenada 2008-04-02 13:52:05  
This is very interesting idea, but I do see this being done strictly through the server specific forums.

Dealings and contracts of such can be done through PMs, just like real world BTS (Buy Trade Sell) forums. It's really up to the community and how active they are in the forums that this can be done.

I guess having a "Contract" specific forum section wouldn't hurt.