Synthesis Combos

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » Trade Skills » Synthesis Combos
Synthesis Combos
By twinkles 2011-08-17 16:53:19  
Meant to actually include this is Guide Part 2 but somehow it fell through the cracks.

Anyhow this is a really strong HQ part combo i have been using on low/mid rank synths. Innovation and Inspiration with a screenie of a personal best as far as quality from one action, 118 quality from one careful "bold".

118 quality bold
By MalPal 2011-08-18 02:32:39  
Wow, that is so awsome!!!! So these two abilities stack?! Are they the onry two you know about?
By twinkles 2011-08-18 08:34:28  
It is very awesome :D so far it seems that the temp ones and the single use quality up ones all stack. Another example is Abilities like resolution which does quality up based on VIT also stacks pretty well with the single use improved quality abilities.

It is just that innovation/inspiration stack additively in a very awesome way, very similarly to the way SOB stacks on aspect for gathering.

As best as i can tell it works like this; both add 100% quality as a total sum.

scenario- you perfect bold for 30 quality and innovation doubles that to 60 and inspiration instead of basing the extra double on baseline amount of 30 takes the combined value of 60 and doubles that. I tested this on crappy bolds too the common 10/10/10 style ones and was getting 10/10/30 and as well getting 60ish on partials 10/5/20 with values around 10/5/60-80
[+]
By Sorrowscry 2011-08-18 11:21:17  
the game has been out for almost a year and you guys are finding this out now? .... sigh, maybe you should just stick to battlecrafts
By Xeonerable 2011-08-18 11:36:09  
Sorrowscry said: »
the game has been out for almost a year and you guys are finding this out now? .... sigh, maybe you should just stick to battlecrafts

Don't hate on somebody trying to be helpful.

No need to be an ***.
[+]
By MalPal 2011-08-18 13:19:19  
Well good crafters don't usually share secrets that's why you are a godsend and i have so many +3 i save for when my crafting lessons are complete. But When you say stuff like SOB can you spell it out for people like me because im special ^^
By slipispsycho 2011-08-18 13:26:09  
Bleh.. That's a lot of leveling to do just for a possible 100%+ Bold.. Worth it if your crafts are close to the levels needed to obtain them I suppose.. I got a lot of abilities, guess I need to play around with them.
By twinkles 2011-08-18 13:53:15  
@MalPal
Sorry i was referring to gathering ability Sweat of Brow. Sweat of Brow (learned at BOT 25) doubles your SP gains. This works as a total boost so it would be ( gather + aspect bonus) x 2. Giving players 4k sp per strike on HQ 3x leves.

Even though it's DOL and not DOH i thought it was a good example of how the boosts were similar.

@SorrowCry
While i admit this information has be around for some time, as i mention i had the intention of adding it in my earlier guides. I'm not sure why the attitude if a player wasn't aware of it they shouldn't craft. Crafting is a part of the game, and just like anything, players learn things at their own pace.
By Sorrowscry 2011-08-18 14:56:22  
Let people learn to craft on their own :p
[+]
By dt415 2011-08-18 20:41:37  
crafting is boring guys stick to battle jobs lol. I got a crab bow +3 for sale on palemecia server. lmao
[+]
 Phoenix.Oumura
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2011-08-18 21:13:40  
Slightly unrelated, but this should make crafting a little less painful. (Thank God because making any major piece of gear was incredibly tedious and the rank requirements for parts vs. the piece as a whole were just absurd.)
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/276
By Sorrowscry 2011-08-18 21:21:45  
Quote:
Slightly unrelated, but this should make crafting a little less painful. (Thank God because making any major piece of gear was incredibly tedious and the rank requirements for parts vs. the piece as a whole were just absurd.)

It is just making crafting easier, which I do not agree with.
By twinkles 2011-08-19 13:48:33  
I've got very mixed feelings about the crafting changes. Some i think were needed: like the parts to make things were higher rank to make than what they were made into- that one always bugged me.

But removing book requirements, sub-jobs, complex parts, on and on from crafting takes away from the complexity that i enjoyed. However i am looking forward to not having to store like a zillion different dyes.
By slipispsycho 2011-08-19 14:11:58  
Phoenix.Oumura said: »
"Abolishment of Parts from Synthesis"

That really sucks.. The majority of skill up synths is by making parts..
By lujannagi 2011-08-19 17:31:42  
would not worry u have about month and half to finish them final craft's also they said they will phase them out over time, but im hurring up to finsih leather now then just cookin and alc to worry about
By slipispsycho 2011-08-19 17:39:35  
lujannagi said: »
would not worry u have about month and half to finish them final craft's also they said they will phase them out over time, but im hurring up to finsih leather now then just cookin and alc to worry about
I'm on break, and I don't have enough money to just buy my mats to get from 40 to 50 outright anyways.. It takes forever to mine up silver ***at mid 20's, so I wouldn't be able to hit 50 anyways..
By MalPal 2011-08-19 17:54:29  
what books are going away that is lame i worked hard collecting all of them. i want crafting to be hard!
By twinkles 2011-08-20 20:02:48  
""Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
Hello this is Producer/Director Yoshida.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
Since it seems all the recipes from 1~50 are going to be made easier, I thought it might be good to get some opinions from the professional crafters…

I imagine something like the below where the changes will benefit the new crafters and still retain a nice crafting life for the high ranks.

1~20 Recipe   Easier than the current situation
21~40 Recipe  Same as the current situation
41~50 Recipe  Resilient difficulty
Yes, this is the basic idea and I am sorry that I couldn’t explain the fundamental plan in a clearer manner. I will be making a specific post about this next Tuesday late at night, so please take the direction we are taking to mean that we will be adding even more recipes for high ranks which are quite high in difficulty, and will adhere somewhat to reality, yielding craft specific items with high stats. I apologize for the lack of details at the moment.

To put it simply, the road will become wider, but to reach the top, there will be trial-and-error, a degree of difficulty, and resilience required on the part of the crafter. Similar to the battle classes, we are aiming to have end-game style content for crafters and gatherers.""

This is taken from a post on lodestone forums pg 58 Yoshida responds

So sounds like their just dumbing down low and middle ranks while possibly making the upper ranks harder/more requirements (who knows?).
By MalPal 2011-08-23 02:48:03  
dang but you did say they take away books right? should i try to make stuff before update?