users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Bugs » PC Keyboard Glitch
PC Keyboard Glitch
 Fairy.Rikhu
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-04-14 04:21:19  
Anyone ever experienced your keyboard on FFXI turn wild? like G become M, K become L, I become P, etc. But the same pattern if it happen.it occur 1 or 2 times a day. but only on FFXI (i use windower FFXI official). if i text on notepad, all character seems fine. only at play FFXI.

If i logout then login again, still same.But if Shutdown, then play again... all back to normal.

I know this not serious, but it kinda annoying when the glitch coming at event like Einherjar,Salvage,Dynamis or ZNM when you need to type fast, and you can't do it. and have to shutdown.

Any tips how to handle this glitch?
 Siren.Enko
サーバ: Siren
user: enko
By Siren.Enko 2009-04-14 04:56:21  
What OS?

Check that you dont have any special kbd macros enabled.

Also if a lappie check function lock isnt on.
 Fairy.Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-04-14 05:12:35  
im using Windows XP as OS. I play on notebook Lenovo Y710. I already try to disable all function and even trying extension usb Keyboard. but still not fixing the problem.
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-14 06:05:51  
Nope, I'm on a computer (laptop also, Vista on a Toshiba) and I'm not seeing anything wrong with my letters.

Gaybe sogethpnm wronm wpth your comiuter?
 Seraph.Sigmund
サーバ: Seraph
user:
By Seraph.Sigmund 2009-04-14 06:11:48
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

The glitch I have is where my charcter will just keep running. I have to hit many keys at one time usually to stop it. I run Xp and logitec G15 keyboard, full screen mode. It has been doint it for over 3 yrs at least but its very seldom but it happens.
 Titan.Shirai
サーバ: Titan
user: Shirai
By Titan.Shirai 2009-04-14 06:31:18  
Sigmund said:
The glitch I have is where my charcter will just keep running. I have to hit many keys at one time usually to stop it. I run Xp and logitec G15 keyboard, full screen mode. It has been doint it for over 3 yrs at least but its very seldom but it happens.

I have a logitech cordless desktop and that same thing happens to me occasionally.
Had it under XP first, but later on the same occasionally happens to me under Vista.

It's really odd as my character simply starts running around for no reason at all and I have to push several direction keys to make sure my char runs into a wall or at least not into a mountain of agro.
(Had it happen in Dynamis a couple of times, that is certainly a wake up call when you notice your character is running straight into an auction house that has not been pullled yet.)

Like Sigmund, it does not happen very often and I thought it was just my own keyboard going whack on me.
Before I read this...
 Asura.Antihero
user: rime
By Asura.Antihero 2009-04-14 07:41:07  
Try pressing Control + Shift at the same time.

My wife had this problem, or at least a similiar one, awhile back.

For her the problem was that once she installed the Asian language pack onto her computer occasionally this would happen.

Later she found out that there is a shortcut through keys to switch between English keyboard and Asian keyboard. Since SE won't let NA type Asian character's it just seems to re-arrange the key layout.

I hope this fixes your problem.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-14 07:45:52  
Speaking of keyboard glitches....although my 360 is red ringed atm when i would use it for ffxi, my wireless keybaord would go *** haywire every once and then. Id be typing something like "Yeah i *** hat......" and my keybaord would just stop typing, and then 2 seconds later it looked like "Yeah I *** hateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" or "Hatasdklasfkafalflasjfljfljalfjaljflafdjadljfgdflgadl". Maybe its just my keyboard, but this pissed me off to no end, and is the main reason i never touched 360 unless i wanted to voice chat with lsmates.
 Titan.Shirai
サーバ: Titan
user: Shirai
By Titan.Shirai 2009-04-14 08:01:06  
Antihero said:

For her the problem was that once she installed the Asian language pack onto her computer occasionally this would happen.

Later she found out that there is a shortcut through keys to switch between English keyboard and Asian keyboard. Since SE won't let NA type Asian character's it just seems to re-arrange the key layout.

I haven't thought of that!

Thinking about it the autorunning usually starts when I am typing stuff and I am talking over ventrilo at the same time.
I use my left windows key as the push to talk button, it might be that in combination with the shift key when I type it sends some odd instruction to my pc causing my character to start running.

Not specifically what you are typing, but it still might be the cause, at least worth to try.
Thanks!
 Asura.Ktjrn
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-04-14 08:03:07

Kajidourden said:
Speaking of keyboard glitches....although my 360 is red ringed atm when i would use it for ffxi, my wireless keybaord would go *** haywire every once and then. Id be typing something like "Yeah i *** hat......" and my keybaord would just stop typing, and then 2 seconds later it looked like "Yeah I *** hateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" or "Hatasdklasfkafalflasjfljfljalfjaljflafdjadljfgdflgadl". Maybe its just my keyboard, but this pissed me off to no end, and is the main reason i never touched 360 unless i wanted to voice chat with lsmates.

Mine goes psychotic as well with it.. and it seems like maybe a key is stuck, but it isnt.. and I always have to completely shut off the 360 and start again and risk losing all the macros ;;;;

I'm glad I play on pc now :)
 Fairy.Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-04-14 08:46:24  
Antihero said:

Thanks, that works. forgot my problem start when i install japanese char, press ctrl-shift or just uninstall it will do. Thanks again :D
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-14 08:50:18  
Sigmund said:

***happens to me and it's so annoying. I have to spam keys to get out of it, no idea why. It's only got me in trouble one time so far when I ran into a cluster of monsters in Dynamis Xarcabard. I wish I could fix it, but I can't say I know how.

Always makes me laugh when my keyboard switches to English (Jamaican) now and then.
 Diabolos.Aphy
サーバ: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-04-14 08:56:05

Wooooodum said:
Sigmund said:

***happens to me and it's so annoying. I have to spam keys to get out of it, no idea why. It's only got me in trouble one time so far when I ran into a cluster of monsters in Dynamis Xarcabard. I wish I could fix it, but I can't say I know how.

Always makes me laugh when my keyboard switches to English (Jamaican) now and then.

Mouse Please check it. When this happens to me I usually bumped my mouse and caused it to freak out the game. Clicking the mouse randomly will cause u to stop running around :3
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-14 09:01:00  
No, it's not my mouse.

What happens is, I'm pressing arrow keys to look around or move around or something, and all of the lights on my keyboard light up for a second. They all go out again, and whatever key I last pressed before this happened is "held down"; it makes me autorun in some direction, or makes me scroll through a menu five billion times. Varies per key obviously.

It's definitely not my mouse, though I've had that problem with my mouse too.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-14 10:26:31  
Korpg said:
Gaybe sogethpnm wronm wpth your comiuter?

LMAO