users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Super high speed selling items
Super high speed selling items
 Valefor.Mithano
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2008-03-27 14:14:37  
I know there are a few items (Velvet Cloth singles, Yagudo drinks) that have sell rates that are far, far above the "Very Fast" category. For this class of items (probably about 100 I'd guess, offhand) I think there should be a separate category or handling for. It would be nice to get the real sell rate as well, somehow, perhaps by having the bots that scan the ah check the history for these items more frequently than they usually do. I'm guessing the yag drinks sell around 200+ per day, about 10x what the site currently sees it at.

I understand how the scanning works, and that if the history has been effectively flushed, sales get missed. But the items that have this issue are widely known, perhaps they could be visited more often to lessen the chance of skips and get more accurate data?

Mith
 Ramuh.Montek
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Montek
By Ramuh.Montek 2008-03-29 09:04:39  
I agree.
 Ramuh.Rikapi
Premium
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rikapi
By Ramuh.Rikapi 2008-03-29 21:22:19  
While I agree that adding "Insanely Fast" would be a plus (whether or not extra scans just on high-flux items is logically feasible or not aside), the admins have clearly stated in the FAQ that the history scans are NOT bots, so I think it's better off to not use that word in suggestions.
 Valefor.Mithano
サーバ: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2008-03-30 17:42:02  
Well, a bot in the sense of an elvaan standing around using the auction house like we do, no, probably not. But they're still using the history of the auction house to track what goes where, which is why they miss sales (also covered in the faq). Whether you call that a bot or an automated computer program or some other phrase I guess is really semantics, though I know the word "bot" has some rmt association with it.

For others that are curious, here's the faq items:

Q: How do you get your data?

A: While the actual data collection routine is proprietary and not public, we will state that we do not violate the Terms of Service via bots or automated in-game 3rd party utilities to collect our data.

Q: Why do some transactions not get recorded?

A: Our site can only record data so quickly. At the moment, it takes about 15-20 minutes for the site to fully process the AH records across every server. On items that have very high sale rates, it's possible that your transaction fell off the bottom of the sales history before our site got back around to record it.
 Odin.Axus
サーバ: Odin
user: axus
By Odin.Axus 2008-04-24 14:41:39  
Agree, a simple formula would be to take the current sell rate and check 3 times that number per day. For super fast items, check once per minute!

I'm assuming they connect directly to the auction server and pull data from there. Can they only get the last sale? If not, find a way to get the last 10 sales!