New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Gorgets and Belts
Gorgets and Belts
 Sylph.Agentblade
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-07-05 18:06:43  
Quick question on these, Are they good for the slot or is there something better? Dont wanna waste my time farming organs for gorget or NMs for the Belt. I realize that artemis/ Uggy would probaly be better for the neck for QD, LS and WF. But i figured id ask anyway incase someone has tested.
By BorealisV2 2011-07-05 18:22:40  
Depends entirely on the weapon skill you're using. Weapons skills with high fTP or multi-hit weapon skills are going to get the least out of them. Most of the Empyrean weapon skills tend to have a high fTP mod so there tends to be a better neck/waist piece for them, usually one that stacks a lot of the stat they're modded by.

Edit: Just realized this is for COR. *** knows, I hate the job.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-07-05 18:25:29  
BorealisV2 said:
Depends entirely on the weapon skill you're using. Weapons skills with high fTP or multi-hit weapon skills are going to get the least out of them. Most of the Empyrean weapon skills tend to have a high fTP mod so there tends to be a better neck/waist piece for them, usually one that stacks a lot of the stat they're modded by.

come to carby
By BorealisV2 2011-07-05 18:26:49  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
BorealisV2 said:

come to carby

I would, but I have a good static going :o

Don't let Flion steal your gil. He does that. He stole my virginity!
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-05 19:15:14  
Sylph.Agentblade said:
Quick question on these

elemental gorgets/belts only work on weapon skills, while the obis work for quick draws accordingly, though i do believe obis work for elemental weapon skills too on that note

in short, for corsair, at least get karin obi; the gorgets were handy at seventy-five for slug shot and detonator, but not anymore, since those weapon skills are a thing of the past for the job
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-07-06 00:18:57  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Sylph.Agentblade said:
Quick question on these

elemental gorgets/belts only work on weapon skills, while the obis work for quick draws accordingly, though i do believe obis work for elemental weapon skills too on that note

in short, for corsair, at least get karin obi; the gorgets were handy at seventy-five for slug shot and detonator, but not anymore, since those weapon skills are a thing of the past for the job

You can use MAB neck and elemental Obi(on right day or with a SCH) for magical WS.

Slug shot is still good outside of abby depending on what mobs you fight, and SJ+buffs you used. If you're fighting EP type of mob such as mobs in einherjar/nyzul, or bird type of mob, slug usually do more than other WS.

As for belt, I've tested Crudelis belt v.s WS belt in abby for slug, and WS belt seems to do more(or at least similar result), so I just AH my crudelis after that, save inventory ._.

For neck, isn't Ire torque+1 do more than WS gorget in terms of pure dmg output if fSTR uncapped? Just that WS gorget has higher acc, but I think you can replace WS gorget perfectly fine with something else and make up the acc somewhere else.
 Sylph.Agentblade
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-07-06 15:48:06  
SO the elemental obis are better then ws belts depending on day, i have 3 obi's already since i have blm. Was just wondering if the gorgets could replace MaB neck for LS and WF for better damage output. Im looking to get the most consistant damage out of those 2 WS. As for slug shot, i usually stack str with agi / racc in the other slots until i work on a better build.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wyuli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wyuli
By Quetzalcoatl.Wyuli 2011-07-06 18:57:25  
Short answer: No. Stick to using AGI/MAB in the waist/neck slot for Wildfire/Leaden. (or Obi assuming weather/day)

Long Answer: Assuming the formulas remains the same as posted by others,

Wildfire has a fTP mod of 5.5.
Leaden has a fTP mod of 4.0 (at 100tp).
Elemental Gorgets/Belts add 0.1 to fTP.
Floor means to round down.

For Wildfire:
[floor(5.5 * (Lv + 2 + floor(0.85 * floor(AGI * 0.6))))] + [2 * (Your AGI-Enemy INT)]

Leaden Salute:
[floor(4.0 * (Lv + 2 + floor(0.85 * floor(AGI * 0.3))))] + [2 * (Your AGI-Enemy INT)]

Let's assume your AGI = 150. Enemy INT = 100. Two scenarios, one with Gorget, and one with MAB+8 (uggy)
Firstly, with uggy:
[floor(5.5 * 168)] + 100 = 1024 * 1.08 = 1105
[floor(4.0 * 136)] + 100 = 644 * 1.08 = 695
With gorget:
[floor(5.6 * 168)] + 100 = 1040
[floor(4.1 * 136)] + 100 = 657

Generally the only time I use gorget/belt is if I'm brewing, as I don't know how much MAB it adds exactly.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-10 10:19:25  
BorealisV2 said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
BorealisV2 said:

come to carby

I would, but I have a good static going :o

Don't let Flion steal your gil. He does that. He stole my virginity!

That gil was collateral!