users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Bst/Dnc Self Skill Chain Options
Bst/Dnc Self Skill Chain Options
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-06-29 17:59:50  
I am curious to hear what other avid DD Beastmaster's choose to self skill chain with. Obviously our options to self skill chain with a one handed axe are limited to say the least. I always lead off with rampage for the (18tp) return then reverse flourish (60tp) followed by Decimation, Primal Rend, etc.

I've done most of my testing outside abyssea with regards to self skill chains. I imagine with RR VV APOC tp gain is not much of a problem. Maybe even enough to link Cloudsplitter back to back for Darkness in high haste situations.

Basically I'm interested in hearing what sort of damage you guys do inside, and outside abyssea. Also do you think Dagger is possibly a better option with regards to Bst/Dnc self chains. Trade off of 39 levels of skill to have the increased tp gain of 2 multi hit WS options.

Any feedback on gear sets or advice is appreciated.
By SkadooshFenrir 2011-06-30 05:29:29  
1) Are you joking?
2) What situation allows you to VV RR Apoc on BST? EXP party?
3) You're missing out on -70% pdt from axes and atmas, so your pet is worthless when you Snarl after your lolprimalrend.
4) Level SAM or something if you want to self skillchain..
5) BST is for tanking stuff noone else wants to tank, and going AFK.
[+]
 Bismarck.Arcos
サーバ: Bismarck
user: afranko22
By Bismarck.Arcos 2011-06-30 06:16:17  
^
6. Dagger....
[+]
 Fenrir.Fearforever
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-06-30 06:18:08  
SkadooshFenrir said:
1) Are you joking?
3) You're missing out on -70% pdt from axes and atmas, so your pet is worthless when you Snarl after your lolprimalrend.

Agree.

Just put RR MC DG or RR DG Apoc so your pet can actually tank.

and a BST should not be self-skillchaining.

And no..no daggers on BST please.
By Ska681 2011-06-30 07:38:15  
Please don't play bst ever again its sub nin,whm, or maybe sch,if your solo and want some procs around darks day nothing else ever ever ever!!!!!!!
 Bismarck.Arcos
user: afranko22
By Bismarck.Arcos 2011-06-30 08:29:22  
Bahamut.Fistandantilus said:
Also do you think Dagger is possibly a better option with regards to Bst/Dnc self chains. Trade off of 39 levels of skill to have the increased tp gain of 2 multi hit WS options. Any feedback on gear sets or advice is appreciated.

I almost want to server transfer just to see BST with a dagger for something other than red lol.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-06-30 11:34:23  
SkadooshFenrir said:
1) Are you joking?

Most times when I use that atma combo my group is farming Empy's. If we're doing something more challenging I swap out VV for Ducal.

SkadooshFenrir said:

A) With an Ukon, Caladbolg, Almace, and soon to be a Vere, and a couple GKT's in my group I am rarely called on to tank anything. If something arises on the fly I just switch to -pdt gear, and I have a max reward set. I find that to be plenty to keep my pet alive in those situations where we have 2 NM's at once or unexpected adds, holding a mob or dragging one to camp or what have you. Gearsets, and Atma's are situational homey.

SkadooshFenrir said:

Sure next time I get the urge to bandwagon, and level a job because I'm a noob who can't think for myself I'll do just that.

SkadooshFenrir said:

It's morons like you, and the other guy I quoted that give Bst a bad name nowadays. The whole Durr Hurr OMG I should level Bst cuz it gets mad -pdt yo.

Ska681 said:
Please don't play bst ever again its sub nin,whm, or maybe sch,if your solo and want some procs around darks day nothing else ever ever ever!!!!!!!

As far as the procs go I think I covered that in my above replies. I go on Bst when my group has that covered already. No one uses Bst/whm unless your solo (which I rarely am) and still I would prefer Bst/Dnc if I am by myself anyhow. Bst/Sch? did you really just say that.. Hahahaha! Wow.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-06-30 11:46:21  
Not really related to the pissing contest going on in this thread right now, but how does BST with Maxed Pet: PDT- fare against Isgebind? I haven't risked a pop to find out yet, and I have no desire to force other people to share my torment.
 Siren.Inuyushi
サーバ: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-30 11:53:20  
Actually BST/SCH has some merit tbh. Even does BST/RDM if you ask me. I tried not posting in this thread because it was a total bash on you, the OP. I don't have BST leveled to do self skill chains but if I could I don't see why not. I havn't even looked into self-skill chaining with axe. Since you have Farsha why not do back to back Empy WS and make solo lvl3? That's what I would do once I get the 85 atleast.

I'm guessing you like to go on BST cause you enjoy the job and have an Empy for it. As for atmas if you dont want/need GH I would use Sanguine Scythe. With the update RR/SS/AoA is nice. You lose the regain but the Crit Hit Dmg+ is nice.

I think people forget that some people forget others go on jobs they enjoy not just what gets the job done best. This is a game, not a job, some people forget this and tell you to go on a job that kills the fastest.

Keep up the good work and enjoy yourself! Sounds like you have a boss group of friends. Play around with different things until you find what really works for ya. Then you can answer other peoples questions with data from your own experience.
[+]
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-30 11:54:13  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Not really related to the pissing contest going on in this thread right now, but how does BST with Maxed Pet: PDT- fare against Isgebind? I haven't risked a pop to find out yet, and I have no desire to force other people to share my torment.

Doesn't Isgeband cast Magic? Rather sure Magic tears up BST pets so you'd have to have a -MDT too with MDB. He also has a nasty terror hate reset move =/
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-06-30 11:59:51  
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

Doesn't Isgeband cast Magic? Rather sure Magic tears up BST pets so you'd have to have a -MDT too with MDB. He also has a nasty terror hate reset move =/

If you fight Isgebind on the tail, he won't terror or roar. Just wing and Flail.

As for the magic, that's why I'm asking. Hell, if it was any element but Ice magic, I know for sure it could be done, but Blizzaga IV is strong. Maybe with Nazuna's massive HP and fast reward timers it could be manageable.

MDB Axes and/or slotting a MDB atma (Future Fabulous comes to mind) might make it possible or easier as well, but this is all just theory, which is usually lost in practice.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-30 12:10:46  
Yea, usually lost in practice is right. Ive only fought it twice and we tanked it on the feet like Fafhogg. You would need a crap load of MDB for -aga IV. What would the chances of Violent Flourish Landing? I remember he took to stun but I think he built resistance on like the 4~5th land. This is from a RDM though and that's a different type of stun.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-06-30 12:12:54  
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Yea, usually lost in practice is right. Ive only fought it twice and we tanked it on the feet like Fafhogg. You would need a crap load of MDB for -aga IV. What would the chances of Violent Flourish Landing? I remember he took to stun but I think he built resistance on like the 4~5th land. This is from a RDM though and that's a different type of stun.

I think I've got one resist as DRK in the many times I've fought it, so Subbing likely isn't going to help.

Ducal Guard is a straight 50DT- so Blizzaga IV shouldn't do more than around 2,000 while Ducal guard is under effect. Slotting in Future Fabulous (MDB+50) would further reduce that, and Isgebind doesn't really cast all that often.

A bigger threat is having Reward paralyzed from Gregale Wing.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-30 12:24:48  
Odin.Zicdeh said:

A bigger threat is having Reward paralyzed from Gregale Wing.

lol yea, I hate para items. You know if you're really brave enough you could always just go give it a try. It sounds like getting his KI isn't too tough for you. Maybe start out slow and try a trio/duo?
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-06-30 12:38:17  
TY Inuyushi for the civil non trollish comment ^^

Zidech I haven't fought Ise on bst, but I think it might be a tall task to solo it. If you give it a whirl keep us posted.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-30 12:44:51  
Bahamut.Fistandantilus said:
TY Inuyushi for the civil non trollish comment ^^

Zidech I haven't fought Ise on bst, but I think it might be a tall task to solo it. If you give it a whirl keep us posted.

yw man, I second keeping us up to date on Ise
 Siren.Moonflowyr
By Siren.Moonflowyr 2011-06-30 12:54:06  
<3 Bst i would also like to know how that fight goes
 Leviathan.Iphigenia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Iphigenia 2011-06-30 13:09:02  
lolBST

:P
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-06-30 18:50:12  
First of all, don't say I'm the reason BST is given a bad name. I'm not here asking what to use as self skillchain, or whether or not daggers are good on BST. You are. Honestly hope you are joking. Furthurmore, if your LS has these alleged Ukon WARs, Vere MNKs, WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO DD ON BST?! BST has ZERO inherent DD skills, powerups, JA, terribad attack, etc. Any screenshots of self SC on BST? I'd love to see an embarrassingly low Primal Rend close a SC for 1100 damage or something.

As for your full reward set, enjoy losing TP every single reward with 2x Zoraal Ja's, or do you just suck it up reward for garbage, since your pets soon to be dead anyhow?

Also, you think Isgebind is a tall task on BST. You obviously have no idea what BST is capable of. Maybe cause you're too busy spamming elemental weapon skills. /bump
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-06-30 18:54:44  
Skadoosh topicbanned. Don't be a ***.

Anyone else?
[+]
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-06-30 19:11:26  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Skadoosh topicbanned. Don't be a ***.

Anyone else?

LOL right... Thanks Krizz man
 Bahamut.Xoraken
user: Xoraken
By Bahamut.Xoraken 2011-07-01 04:15:20  
Fenrir. said:
First of all, don't say I'm the reason BST is given a bad name. I'm not here asking what to use as self skillchain, or whether or not daggers are good on BST. You are. Honestly hope you are joking. Furthurmore, if your LS has these alleged Ukon WARs, Vere MNKs, WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO DD ON BST?! BST has ZERO inherent DD skills, powerups, JA, terribad attack, etc. Any screenshots of self SC on BST? I'd love to see an embarrassingly low Primal Rend close a SC for 1100 damage or something. As for your full reward set, enjoy losing TP every single reward with 2x Zoraal Ja's, or do you just suck it up reward for garbage, since your pets soon to be dead anyhow? Also, you think Isgebind is a tall task on BST. You obviously have no idea what BST is capable of. Maybe cause you're too busy spamming elemental weapon skills. /bump

Woot !!! a Ukon WAR/MNK ask on BST DD! congratulations !
 Bahamut.Xoraken
user: Xoraken
By Bahamut.Xoraken 2011-07-01 04:34:17  
SkadooshFenrir said:
1) Are you joking? 2) What situation allows you to VV RR Apoc on BST? EXP party? 3) You're missing out on -70% pdt from axes and atmas, so your pet is worthless when you Snarl after your lolprimalrend. 4) Level SAM or something if you want to self skillchain.. 5) BST is for tanking stuff noone else wants to tank, and going AFK.

2) Why cant we use this Atma for Exp/farm +1/+2 with LS ? MC/DG/RR is solo atma , let me know why bst need to wear them all the time !
3) Snarl is here to protect the BST , and Primal Rend is not our only WS , you are WAR so you only use Fell Cleave ?
-70% pdt form axes and atmas is only <50% HP

Quote:
As for your full reward set, enjoy losing TP every single reward with 2x Zoraal Ja's
We can use Reward after WS or Dawn Mulsum in TP
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-07-01 22:05:30  
SkadooshFenrir said:
1) Are you joking? 2) What situation allows you to VV RR Apoc on BST? EXP party? 3) You're missing out on -70% pdt from axes and atmas, so your pet is worthless when you Snarl after your lolprimalrend. 4) Level SAM or something if you want to self skillchain.. 5) BST is for tanking stuff noone else wants to tank, and going AFK.

Bahamut.Xoraken said:
2) Why cant we use this Atma for Exp/farm +1/+2 with LS ? MC/DG/RR is solo atma , let me know why bst need to wear them all the time !
3) Snarl is here to protect the BST , and Primal Rend is not our only WS , you are WAR so you only use Fell Cleave ?
-70% pdt form axes and atmas is only <50% HP

SkadooshFenrir said:
As for your full reward set, enjoy losing TP every single reward with 2x Zoraal Ja's
Bahamut.Xoraken said:
We can use Reward after WS or Dawn Mulsum in TP

I truly get a laugh out of trolls rushing in to "enlighten" us poor cretins on what we're doing wrong when the vast majority of their comments scream that they fail to understand the basic job mechanics which they're speaking about. Also thank you for the Dawn Mulsum info Xor. If SE raises the crafting cap 40 levels in one of the updates in the near future 1st thing I will focus on is getting Cooking to 100. Been in a holding pattern for some time now with Alchemy & Cooking holding each other back because leveling one delevels the other.

Awesome beast gears btw man! +2 Body, and Epona's Ring (had crap luck on it a couple times) are so on my to do list. You should check out /dnc. With all the options dnc sub gives it really makes for a smooth playing experience. Haste samba, steps reducing eva, def, magic res. Violent Flourish stuns, Dual wield etc. are awesome additions for a Bst either in solo, or party situations :)

Really my intent when I originally posted was to see others take on bst situations. Trying to max out my potential on w/e job it is I'm playing is very important to me. I know I have always had a great deal of respect for players who go that extra mile on what ever job they enjoy playing.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-07-02 09:18:43  
Currently trying to come up with a gearset/STP food option that will allow me to link Cloudsplitter > Cloudsplitter reliably without crossing my fingers for multi attack procs from gear, and Richardet's. Also trying not to sacrifice too much haste gear in the process.

Anyone handy with those sort of calculations your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
 Cerberus.Elvyn
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Elvyn87
By Cerberus.Elvyn 2011-07-02 09:57:35  
Wow... Just catching up on the topic... isnt it amazing how people "pigeon hole" a job and leave it at that. Yes BST is an amazing tank but thats not all it is... Why do we get access to so much DD gear if we were never meant to experiment? Grow up and take ur Gaudy Harness off >.>; /endrant

As to the question at hand; Iv nvr actually tried I suppose the easiest was to achieve self-sc would be /SAM. Failing that I honestly don't know. Though I would love to hear how your trials go! Send me a msg.

I attempted to solo old Ice puppy some time ago. Sadly when it comes to her(him?) your stuck between a rock and a hard place. NN's hp can keep up with with her melee hits once DG kicks in, magic is where it get tricky. At first I stayed within melee range to VF stun however the paralysis is potent and reset my reward timer once or twice, also your tp is needed healing as the tp moves themselves are very damaging. Got it down to 25%ish before the paralysis ate my "Call Beast" timer and I ate a Blizz V to the face ;; However the talk of it has kinda spurred me on, might try again!!
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-07-02 17:47:34  
Cerberus.Elvyn said:
As to the question at hand; Iv nvr actually tried I suppose the easiest was to achieve self-sc would be /SAM. Failing that I honestly don't know. Though I would love to hear how your trials go! Send me a msg.

Your sub is dancer. Get 5 steps saved from debuffing, have haste samba up, get 100TP. Then Rampage (18tp return from WS) > Reverse Flourish (60tp) > after next attack round Decimation, or Primal Rend. Wah La~ Self Skill Chain :) Multihit effects from gear helps.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-07-02 18:06:55  
Not sure why your stun is getting resisted from isgebind... Currently duo/trioing him BLU/RDM + WHM + THF and head butt never gets resisted. If head butt isn't getting resisted (which it usually does on higher tier NMs) then regular stun should have no problem landing.

His spells go up in damage the lower his hp is, as well as his fast cast. Under 10%, his blizzaga iv does about 2k with shell and barblizzara. Without the ability to cast barblizzara on your pet, it will definitely suffer from the paralyze aura as well. I really don't see it being possible.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-02 18:20:31  
Bismarck.Helel said:
Not sure why your stun is getting resisted from isgebind... Currently duo/trioing him BLU/RDM + WHM + THF and head butt never gets resisted. If head butt isn't getting resisted (which it usually does on higher tier NMs) then regular stun should have no problem landing.
/DNC doesn't have access to Etoile Casque, and I can definitely see a difference in stun rate without it. BLU main however, doesn't have a limitation like that.
 Bahamut.Megrim
user: Megrim
By Bahamut.Megrim 2011-07-02 18:21:46  
Why are people even putting their two cents in if they're not contributing to this post the guy asked a valid question he obviously wasn't joking and he pays his damn monthly fee just like everyone else no one has any right to tell the op how to play his character how he wants no one tells you how to play your character so why even put your opinion on how he plays his.

He wants to know what SC is good for bst answer the question or move on its as simple as that.
[+]
First Page 2