user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-06-30 00:57:21  
It might do well but.... Why?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-30 01:00:45  
How would augmented demon's rings hold up vs 7 INT?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-06-30 16:06:29  
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
It might do well but.... Why?
Uh, because that's what the OP was planning to do...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-06-30 16:30:33  
Oa2-4 or Almace

Almace all the way. I have 2-3 times katana, and haven't tried for 2-4 yet, wife has 2-3 sword as well. The 0a2-4 times isn't some secret kraken club hidden away. Its good for tp but not amazing.

From my experience with the 2-3 times vs mkris, i'd take mkris. Alot more double triple procs than magian one.

In abyssea with apoc atma, your almace will do alot of triple attacking.

End all, sure go for Oa2-4 if that's what you want. But ppl will tell you to get off anything hard cause the mob will spam tp moves like crazy, and your melee swings will hit for almost nothing. Great weapon for solo maybe.
If you want to participate and melee big stuff and do good dmg on stuff that matters, get an almace.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Bekisa
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2011-08-01 14:11:34  
I just finished Almace and the small sample of parses I've done inside and outside abyssea are already apparent.

Almace is way better. I have both DA and OA2-4 Khanda's too. OA2-4 I only use now on weak mobs where I just want to CDC and kill it. Otherwise I use Almace/DA or Almace/Shield.

Combine it with another person using an Emp and some of the skill chain outputs are awesome. Provided it doesn't heal Glavoid for 16k ... If I understand enmity correctly, the person who closes the skill chain gets the enmity from it's damage? Could be beneficial for a PLD in some spots as they are usually pretty significant when combined with other Emps/Myth/Relics WS. Wait ... did I just say Skill Chain?

With a whm mule, I've been farming a lot lately on /sam too ... just nice to see T2 and T3 vnm's drop so fast without anyone else there. Can get off 3x CDC in ~10 seconds sometimes with some lucky double solo skill chains depending on tp gain and timing. Sometimes it's a cure spam moment for my mule though lol. Not sure if I'd do that on something tough though. ... Damn I just said Skill Chain again.