New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Effectiveness of Eva+ axes
Effectiveness of Eva+ axes
 Leviathan.Goldengreg
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Goldengreg 2011-06-16 15:35:41  
Is it "situational" level, or is it really helpful?

I just finished -pdt axes x2, and was wondering if pet eva+ axes would be worth doing, since I'm launched in weathery hunting.
(also, is it as easy as -pdt axe path?)
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-06-16 15:39:29  
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Axe_Trials

Eva trials don't look too bad.

I guess they'd make a valid pair of axes for the ladybug if you aren't fighting stuff that floors your evasion and requires you to focus on -Pdt gear and Atmas
 Remora.Dodu
サーバ: Remora
user: Tsuko
By Remora.Dodu 2011-06-16 16:14:17  
Nothing can floor Dipper Yuly's evasion(mobs that virtually ignore evasion, like Roc, notwithstanding). The only way to know definitively whether or not they're ideal is to pinpoint Yuly's exact evasion so we know for certain that it has an A+ in evasion and every evasion bonus trait. If those things turn out to be true, evasion will be doing nothing against quite a lot. Yuly's evasion will be capped against all old, non-HNM mobs, against most things in Visions/Scars zones that haven't been leveled up, etc. All content of higher level than that, you should benefit from it greatly.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-06-16 17:44:57  
In your position, I would sooner begin to work on either dual MDB axes to swap in for during spells, along with appropriate pet MDT gear. Pet Attack or Accuracy axes are also a good option, should you ever find yourself needing to do more damage. Ie if you're ever doing stuff with multiple BSTs and dont need the PDT, where your call beast is almost always up.