Cap On Number Of Pots?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Gathering » Gardening » Cap on Number of Pots?
Cap on Number of Pots?
 Siren.Inuyushi
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-07 21:14:21  
I'm new to gardening, but I thought I would give it a try on a mule.

I bought a bunch of Earthen Flowerpots and my moogle would only let me put 10 pots in my mog house? Obviously there is a cap on the # but I have not read of there being one.

Is there a way to overcome the cap? Do I need to be level 10+? 20+?

My mule is currently lvl7 and as old as my main character. The message my moogle is giving me is:

Moogle: I can't look after any more flowerpots, kupo...
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2011-06-07 21:17:53  
10 per character is the cap for pots. Newly created characters always have terrible yields too. I remember they need to be active for 90 days.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-06-07 21:18:09  
It's always 10.
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-06-07 21:24:00  
Why seeds, saplings, and cuttings would stack to 12, yet the pot cap was 10 always eluded me. :p SE logic ftw.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-06-07 21:24:37  
The only way to get more than 10 pots is to have pots on more than one character.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-06-07 22:16:03  
Fenrir.Schutz said:
Why seeds, saplings, and cuttings would stack to 12, yet the pot cap was 10 always eluded me. :p SE logic ftw.
10hotdogs yet 6~8buns....
Double-wiener ur buns!
[+]
 Shiva.Msthief
サーバ: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-06-07 22:30:35  
What items are obtained from gardening? In the past it was elemental ores, but now that those have tanked I'm just curious what the purpose is... unless you enjoy it?

*I'm not asking for specifics, I'm not interested in invading your market. Just curious since I thought there was nothing left.
 Phoenix.Jile
サーバ: Phoenix
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2011-06-07 22:45:19  
Persikos is one crop of value, if someone is still trying to skill cooking. There's never many on the AH, so it's easier to grow them during skilling.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-06-07 22:50:15  
I garden my own crystals. I've saved probably 100k or so on wind crystals just in a few weeks of gardening. Some stuff can also npc well.
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-06-07 23:09:21  
Reishi Mushroom stacks sell well...but depends on the server. Check the cross-server price lists before considering LOL.

(Of course me just saying this may affect the market, but eh...takes so long to grow that only people serious about growing would even consider it anyhow.)
 Phoenix.Amael
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-06-07 23:28:55  
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:

10hotdogs yet 6~8buns....
Double-wiener ur buns!
But 6 Hamburgers and 8 Buns?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-06-08 00:04:19  
Phoenix.Jile said:
Persikos is one crop of value, if someone is still trying to skill cooking. There's never many on the AH, so it's easier to grow them during skilling.
And Kitrons.. Both are recommended for people for high level skilling up, if you start growing when you're like 30 or 40 (like I did) by the time you need them, you'll have more than you know what to do with <_<.

There's also the metal leaves, IIRC, that's for alchemy. A by-product of the Persikos/Kitrons is elemental ore, while it may not be something to really shoot for anymore, it's still worth something.. Just don't expect to make bank off it, they're pretty rare (as you may have guessed, if you didn't know from experience).
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2011-06-08 00:05:54  
I'm not sure how old your mule is, but:
Quote:
During the first 90 days after a character has been created, all gardening results will be limited to a single item. (This limit was introduced on August 3rd, 2009 to counter the massive amounts of gardening trial accounts made by RMT.)
^(wiki)
I was going to make a few mules to help me garden and well, yeah. lol
 Siren.Inuyushi
サーバ: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-08 07:22:07  
Like i said in the OP my mule is as old as my main (2005). 6 years is old enough no? Would the server merge reset the date? If so that's lame.

So the cap has always been 10 pots? That sucks. Well thanks.

Msthief - I was going for Gold Ores. You can try and think up as to why.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2011-06-08 07:25:18  
Shiva.Msthief said:
What items are obtained from gardening? In the past it was elemental ores, but now that those have tanked I'm just curious what the purpose is... unless you enjoy it?

*I'm not asking for specifics, I'm not interested in invading your market. Just curious since I thought there was nothing left.

I haven't played for awhile now. But taru taru rice grows fast and sells fast (or used to), also platinum leaves, gold leaves sells very well to NPC, but they were more reasonable to grow back when elemental ore was good profit since they are the same recipy.