users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Vadleany
Vadleany
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-06-02 06:23:29  
So, Really, how much of a *** is this NM? It seems pretty horrible from everything written about him on Wiki. Usuaully my Duo partner goes as blm/whm for procs when we do NM seals...but I have a feeling that's not a good idea for this one. Ika-Roa probably not either with the Ja/Ga combos.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-02 06:33:36  
Ika-Roa is cake, nothing to worry about with him, stun waterga4/ja if you want.
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-06-02 06:37:08  
From my experience with Vadleany, he's most likely easier to kill if you kite/nuke it rather than straight tank. With his constant spell spam coupled with his insane attack speed and the over-powered Spiral spin even an evasion tank wont last long. And enfeebling him just makes it worse for you.
 Leviathan.Cymmina
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2011-06-04 09:26:05  
Vadleany is nothing but a pain in the ***. She is harder than almost every +2 NM in Abyssea and can 1-shot tanks (depending on race) with Spiral Spin even if she doesn't have debuffs on her. Ika-Roa is a complete joke, and in my experience, barely casts.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-06-04 09:39:49  
Vadleany can be fine if you can spare a PLD (lolpld!) to tank it with a good mdt set. Problem there is kinda keeping hate of the DDs...

I've successfully done Vadleany with a THF tanking. He was a nice thf with good eva set and a good mdt set. We had a BRD for songs (don't remember what he was using, mambo/carol? mambo/mambo? mambo/march?) then a WHM and I think a BLM for procs and damage.
Think the BLM was also attempting to stun the self-cast spells that recover its HP, and the WHM was keeping bar up.

With such a setup it's ok, THF need good eva though because Vadl's frequent triple attacks would destroy him otherwise.