フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Brd Spells
Brd Spells
First Page 2 3
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Durtie
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-05-31 20:12:18  
Just a random idea/thought... Why can't a brd cast songs on alliance members? its a song that can be heard so i dont get why not.
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-05-31 20:16:37  
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Just a random idea/thought... Why can't a brd cast songs on alliance members? its a song that can be heard so i dont get why not.

Same reason Protectra and Shellra are pt only. PS2 limitations
[+]
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-05-31 20:26:30  
Carbuncle.Axle said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:

Same reason Protectra and Shellra are pt only. PS2 limitations

Damn... Is that really why?
 Fenrir.Emirii
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Emerii1
By Fenrir.Emirii 2011-05-31 20:31:25  
I dont know the way i see it, it would be a little overpowered if BRD could buff 18 people at once. Just like you need multiple whm/tanks/dd etc you would need 2-3 BRD also. Just balances the game out a bit more and creates more spots for people with more specialized jobs (like only 1-2 job chars).
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-31 20:41:56  
Because it would be overpowered as hell.

With Pianissimo maybe, without no.
[+]
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-05-31 20:50:09  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I dont see the Overpowering, but whatever.Just saying... whm can single protct/shell anyone as well as haste, but brd is party or self only... seems gimped as is.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-31 21:44:36  
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I dont see the Overpowering, but whatever.Just saying... whm can single protct/shell anyone as well as haste, but brd is party or self only... seems gimped as is.

How is it gimped? lol

You'd need one BRD for an entire alliance otherwise.

Why do you think Shellra and Protectra don't cross alliance target?
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-05-31 21:55:04  
Not arguing about protectra and shellra, however you can still cast these buffs outside a party (Protect and shell). I like what you said about maybe with troubadour, but im saying not at all is suspicious considering the fact its a song.

I never said it is gimped, I said it seems gimped... I appreciate your feedback but you dont seem to listen(read) very well. (see how I used the word seem again)

These are buff spells and it doesnt seem right for them to be limited to just self and/or party member.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-31 22:09:31  
If you don't understand why BRD songs shouldn't be cross alliance then you're pretty much a lost cause.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2011-05-31 22:09:45  
are brd pt swaps unheard of?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-31 22:11:02  
Carbuncle.Xenhas said:

They are these days.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-31 22:12:14  
And if songs are made cross alliance then all buffs will have to be, otherwise BRD gets even more powerful compared to the other buffing classes.
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-05-31 22:14:50  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
If you don't understand why BRD songs shouldn't be cross alliance then you're pretty much a lost cause.

I keep forgetting your useless to talk to. You think your right in everything you say and get sand in your panties everytime another disagrees with you.

Carbuncle.Xenhas said:

Yea... did them alot in dyna-xarc for dyna lord.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-31 22:17:13  
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I keep forgetting your useless to talk to. You think your right in everything you say and get sand in your panties everytime another disagrees with you.

Carbuncle.Xenhas said:

Yea... did them alot in dyna-xarc for dyna lord.

Well that's because your entire justification for BRD songs to be cross alliance is because "Other people would hear them"

You don't think about balance issues or anything else.

In that case I guess people outside the party and alliance should get the buff because they can hear it too.
[+]
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-05-31 22:24:59  
Yeah, thats partly the logic i am using... The thing is when you compare the buffs like protect and shell, im like but you can cast outside the party... Not saying it should be changed perhaps for balance purposes, just saying it doesnt seem right that i cand do nothing for my alliance members at all brd related.

Maybe it would be a nice ja in the future. why not?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-31 22:29:38  
Because it would make BRD even more overpowered, make the game easier (Which is not a card I normally play, but really...) and also make it so only one BRD is necessary for a full alliance seeing as marches are the only useful songs inside Abyssea. (And Ballads... I guess)
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-05-31 22:35:08  
I'd be perfectly fine with the ability to do this so long as it was limited to Pianissimo'ed songs to cast on those outside party but it'd be a hell of a lot of work for a brd to seem overpowered with this.

While I think it is a bit much to be able to sing songs alliance wide in aoe form, you have to realize that even if you could it does not mean it is as good as 3 brds. Song duration is limited and they do have recasts and it would be make me rage to have to sing various songs for different groups and that is even if they stayed in their respective areas so I wouldn't hit a melee with a ballad. It'd still be by far better for sure, even to the point of broken but it would also introduce a great many headaches and annoyances along with those advantages. My brd alt would cry if I had to buff 3 parties.

Still... If you want to be technical, yes everyone hears brd songs. So not only would ally members get it but so would other players and mobs. So I guess there are some perks to limiting its effects.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-31 22:37:09  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
I'd be perfectly fine with the ability to do this so long as it was limited to Pianissimo'ed songs to cast on those outside party but it'd be a hell of a lot of work for a brd to seem overpowered with this.

While I think it is a bit much to be able to sing songs alliance wide in aoe form, you have to realize that even if you could it does not mean it is as good as 3 brds. Song duration is limited and they do have recasts and it would be make me rage to have to sing various songs for different groups and that is even if they stayed in their respective areas so I wouldn't hit a melee with a ballad. It'd still be by far better for sure, even to the point of broken but it would also introduce a great many headaches and annoyances along with those advantages. My brd alt would cry if I had to buff 3 parties.

Still... If you want to be technical, yes everyone hears brd songs. So not only would ally members get it but so would other players and mobs. So I guess there are some perks to limiting its effects.

It just promotes lazy play lol. Put the BRD where he's most needed and you'll get this exact same effect. I doubt anyone would ever have to buff more than 6 people at once.
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-05-31 22:40:04  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Because it would make BRD even more overpowered, make the game easier (Which is not a card I normally play, but really...) and also make it so only one BRD is necessary for a full alliance seeing as marches are the only useful songs inside Abyssea. (And Ballads... I guess)

I dont see the problem lol. Its a brd. Dont get me wrong (like you love to do) I hear you with the overpowered thing. It just bothers me that there is no way i can support anyone, brd wise, outside my own party under any circumstance. Not even with troubadour or pianissimo.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-31 22:41:46  
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I dont see the problem lol. Its a brd. Dont get me wrong (like you love to do) I hear you with the overpowered thing. It just bothers me that there is no way i can support anyone, brd wise, outside my own party under any circumstance. Not even with troubadour or pianissimo.

Neither can Corsair or SMN.

If it bothers you that much go /WHM and toss out hastes.
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-05-31 22:45:15  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

See, your not listening... haste is not a brd ability (although there are haste songs)and i do go /whm. i dont know cor and smn, thats my solo job.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-31 22:49:39  
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

See, your not listening... haste is not a brd ability (although there are haste songs)and i do go /whm. i dont know cor and smn, thats my solo job.

Here I'll break it down for you.

If other jobs can't buff the alliance

Then BRD shouldn't be able to buff the alliance

If you're in a situation where you can't buff enough people get another BRD (This game is based around playing in groups), Ask to be moved party so the alliance is getting the most out of the BRD or make a macro to leave and join parties.

There is no logic behind BRD being able to buff alliance members when SMN and COR can't.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-31 22:50:15  
obv brd songs couldn't hit an entire alliance without severely limiting endgame bard slots

would also cause trouble with mage, dd parties etc.

all of that goes without saying

i'm more concerned about durtiesweat being the absolute worst name i have ever seen :(
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-05-31 22:50:58  
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

He's saying buff wise, haste songs are as much of a buff as haste is. Also, Protect and Shell are very much so valid examples as to why bard songs aren't Alliance wide.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-31 22:51:10  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
obv brd songs couldn't hit an entire alliance without severely limiting endgame bard slots

i'm more concerned about durtiesweat being the absolute worst name i have ever seen :(

Imagine having to see it every time you log in :(
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-31 22:52:50  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

it'd be sufficient incentive to switch server for new name, or buy a new account that's for sure
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-31 22:54:20  
It pisses me off when people like that get lucky with drops I tell you what.

If there's an FFXI god he hates me.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-05-31 22:54:39  
Maybe every playable character is actually deaf and a brd singing allows people in that party to hear it.....Maybe thats the way it REALLY works.... huh?? Think of that?? lol ok sorry for trolling a lil bit hear, I just thought this whole thread was kinda "...wait what...?" in the first place lol... it would be RIDICULOUSLY OP if brd can AOE sing accross alliances, especially with G horn, and AF3 with increased song durations and such... lol
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-05-31 23:00:07  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

it'd be sufficient incentive to switch server for new name, or buy a new account that's for sure

Hmmm.... you would think that because your ignorant to its meaning. Not you fault. As far as your request to change it, request denied and thats for sure.

But we digress...
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-05-31 23:01:22  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Maybe every playable character is actually deaf and a brd singing allows people in that party to hear it.....Maybe thats the way it REALLY works.... huh?? Think of that?? lol ok sorry for trolling a lil bit hear, I just thought this whole thread was kinda "...wait what...?" in the first place lol... it would be RIDICULOUSLY OP if brd can AOE sing accross alliances, especially with G horn, and AF3 with increased song durations and such... lol

Maybe...
First Page 2 3