Kirin - Single MNK Kill ?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Kirin - Single MNK kill ?
Kirin - Single MNK kill ?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Odin.Headstrong
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Headstrong 2011-06-02 13:53:56  
We did some Kirins some time ago with Mnk, Mnk, Thf, Whm, Sch, Brd and the AF wasnt all that bad. Still killed the mages and hit the melee pretty hart, but was all manageable and the Brd was playing only x2 March afair. >:

Only 1/3 w-legs tho ._. Ima bad Thief D:
 Phoenix.Neosutra
サーバ: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-06-02 14:27:37  
Shiva.Alistrianna said:
Anyways, back to the main question. I did Kirin a few months back with 2 Ukonvasara WAR's, a Kannagi NIN, a THF, myself on MNK (no Verethragna then) and a few WHM mules. We decimated Kirin without the use of 2hrs before any add was even summoned. A fully buffed Vere MNK with 300TP before engaging should be overkill. Astral Flow would be the only real problem and you could keep that from that killing you by throwing up a Scherzo or something if you think that AF will do more than 75% of your HP in one shot.

Pretty much this. Did a couple Kirins this week with a few friends. 1 Mnk should have -no- problem on this.

However, as stated before: Shouldn't be 1 Mnk anyways. Mnk + Thf. Why waste a pop set without TH.
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-06-02 14:32:48  
If you're afraid of astral flow, Perfect Defense eliminates that threat pretty swiftly~
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-02 14:35:05  
Quote:
If you're afraid of astral flow, Perfect Defense eliminates that threat pretty swiftly~get a Jolteon
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-06-02 14:40:39  
Astral flow has a really low chance of on shotting you, unless you're getting no cures while fighting it.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-06-02 14:45:06  
Phoenix.Neosutra said:
Astral flow has a really low chance of on shotting you, unless you're getting no cures while fighting it.

Taru :(

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
If you're afraid of astral flow, Perfect Defense eliminates that threat pretty swiftly~get a Jolteon

:3~
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-02 14:46:35  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Phoenix.Neosutra said:

Taru :(

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:

:3~
That only works on thunder based attacks. :(
 Shiva.Alistrianna
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-06-02 15:04:07  
Kirins laughs at the thunder stuffs! Jolteon would have to cute him to death.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-06-02 15:07:16  
Oh I'll cute him to death! That is my specialty!
[+]
 Shiva.Francisco
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2011-06-02 15:09:12  
Having been MNK Main since 2005, I'll quickly run through the content that comes to mind and if I used Counterstance or not...

KRT Experience/Merits: Yes
Lesser Sky NMs: Yes, except Faust.
Sky Gods: Didn't really tank them, but if I did, yes on all except Byakko
Kirin: No
Limbus: Yes, not on Ultima - forget on Omega
Dynamis: Yes
Salvage: Yes
Einherjar: Yes
Cerberus: Yes
Khimaria: No
MMJ Merits: No
Troll Merits: Yes
Colibri Merits: Yes
Abyssea: Yes, I think on everything excpet Shinryu

Regarding the difficulty of Einherjar - the one thing I seem to remember was the lower tiers being harder than the higher tiers. I think T1 had more annoying bosses, and more undesirable crap that could spawn in the lesser waves. I remember hating the damn marid boss.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-02 15:30:37  
Khim might be ok to counterstance throughout now duo it with a whm I think. Dyna you'd wanna cancel it for rangers EES and as for abys I wouldnt use it on Irongiants either.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-06-02 16:03:51  
Khim is fine to counterstance at 90 because it will have near floored hit rate on you. However at 75 it was pretty dangerous with all of the AoE Stun.
 Ramuh.Yarly
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-06-02 16:25:43  
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Demons resist Sleepga completely. Chairman can warp around also. T3 can still be a little tough. Our group barely used to make it to a T2 with 36 people in the zone back @75.

And yea, our leaders dont really like to read up on things in advance so we did try to Sleepga the Demons and Zerg the boss.

Edit: Wait, can be slept. Our group just sucks. sucked that night.

fixed your edit there for ya, buddy.

Also, i believe theres a video of war+smn doing this but it cheats with perfect defense.

Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-06-02 16:41:12  
Video totally already got posted on the first page of the thread before all the stupid counterstance stuff!

And as someone pointed he, he did probably get sv'ed songs.
 Ramuh.Yarly
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-06-02 16:59:56  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
Video totally already got posted on the first page of the thread before all the stupid counterstance stuff!

Oh for real, totally didn't see that. counterstance took the spotlight :(
By Blazed1979 2011-06-02 21:11:14  
I thought the "mnks never used to use CS" post was just someone trolling.
don't wanna derail my own thread and indulge in that nonsense anymore.
Will post video tomorrow.

Do BRDs Not exist anymore? I can't find a single one on Cerb !
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-06-02 21:15:03  
Blazed1979 said:

A lot of people quit XI, and most of the new people only have the bandwagon jobs. I wouldn't be surprised if BRDs were mostly non-existent. Also people with the job who hate it wouldn't advertise having it too.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-02 21:30:26  
I love playing BRD :D

It's what I bring to the group 99% of the time.

If only my friends would help me farm full AF3+2 so I could be more effective D:
[+]
 Cerberus.Kiori
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-06-02 21:35:05  
I love playing bard also, it's not up to 90 yet, but it's slowly getting there.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-06-02 23:10:11  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Blazed1979 said:

A lot of people quit XI, and most of the new people only have the bandwagon jobs. I wouldn't be surprised if BRDs were mostly non-existent. Also people with the job who hate it wouldn't advertise having it too.

This is pretty much truth! The worst part about having BRD is that once people are aware that you have it you are pretty much condemned to the job until you can find some poor sap to be your replacement. I used to hate being asked to go BRD to events repeatedly when I had better geared jobs compared to some of the others involved in a given event.

Edit: At least, this is how BRD was before Abyssea.
 Odin.Headstrong
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Headstrong 2011-06-02 23:23:34  
I just recently leveled Brd and everyone was telling me i should better level something useful /sad
Was a pain to get invited for any exp party/abyssea party too lol
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-06-02 23:34:38  
BRD is always useful. It's also sad that alot of Abyssea EXP parties view BRD as a wasted slot when MarchesX2 just makes stuff die faster.
 Ramuh.Yarly
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-06-03 00:08:03  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Blazed1979 said:

brb anonymizing my profile, lololol

but really, it's true... most career bards quit or have other, more useful, jobs leveled now.

I haven't touched my bard since 80 cap and I don't know why I'm still working on my galalahorn.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-03 00:47:20  
Shiva.Alistrianna said:
BRD is always useful. It's also sad that alot of Abyssea EXP parties view BRD as a wasted slot when MarchesX2 just makes stuff die faster.
gl getting 4 DDs to stand together in an abyssea pt, and marches devalued when you're not getting hasted (which is generally the case in 95% of pick up pts)
 Siren.Inuyushi
サーバ: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-03 08:01:35  
Blazed1979 said:
I thought the "mnks never used to use CS" post was just someone trolling.
don't wanna derail my own thread and indulge in that nonsense anymore.
Will post video tomorrow.

Not a troll, just a mistake and also pointing out some MNKs nowadays use CS when they shouldn't because they don't know any different from abyssea.

I had MNK 75 before update, but it wasn't long enough to truly learn the job end game and career wise. My group would rarely let me come anything other than RDM because that's the job I rock. I'm guessing that whenever I did stuff with a MNK it was not safe to use CS or they couldn't dish out the DMG to pull hate due to high defense (thinking back to DRK/THF SATA days). Top that with my experience of almost always coming near death using CS in a pt and draining MP, I never really used it much. I've been corrected (harshly, jerks) and know better now.

Also, I love BRDs in any situation. That job used to be the job to have...now it seems like it's just for procs =/
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-03 08:05:54  
If a MNK can't keep up CS pretty much constantly inside and outside of abyssea, you either have awful monks or awful healers.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-03 08:06:37  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Alistrianna said:
gl getting 4 DDs to stand together in an abyssea pt, and marches devalued when you're not getting hasted (which is generally the case in 95% of pick up pts)

It's not hard.

And it's not hard to keep up a haste cycle on BRD either.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-06-03 09:18:37  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Alistrianna said:

With the new March +3 stringed instrument (ugh, stringed) that shouldn't be too much of a problem anymore.
By Blazed1979 2011-06-04 19:07:14  
did the fight first time with TH6 and 2x BRDs + SMN with Alex's PD.
Fight was a joke. Sorry I didn't fraps. I really wanted to but the guy who wanted the w.legs couldnt wait for me to get home, so we went ahead and popped it while I was at work.

Fight was such a joke. Last 38 seconds

2nd time, didn't have PD or soulvoices. Fight lasted 1 minute 39 seconds.
I took a butt-ton of dmg without Counterstance. There was also no need for it, I countered 7/12 of Kirin's normal attacks without Cstance up.

moral of the story:

1. Yeah don't counterstance Kirin. I had a lot more healing when I did this as MNK75 4-5 years ago, and the StonegaIV did a lot less dmg due to higher numbers. When doing kirin low man, forget Cstance.

2. Verethragna MNK probably 2nd best Zerger after a good X-hit Ukon WAR/SAM. But Ukon is simply the best DMG output in this game. Even the WOE GA is a good choice, and something I will be finishing soon. Lord knows I don't want to ever step into tah-canyon after pumping out 6 ukons and 3 verethragnas

3. lolkirin.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-06-04 19:10:55  
So wait.

One monk can seriously zerg kirin?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7