Monk TP Setup?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Monk TP Setup?
Monk TP Setup?
 Shiva.Pheare
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: pheared
By Shiva.Pheare 2011-05-16 19:59:10  
Just have a few questions on TP setup. Was hoping someone with math skills would be able to give me a definite answer.^^

This first set seems to be the most accepted and one, and the one I first had planned on using.

This second one I was just curious if Usu feet would win in TP? I know haste is already capped without feet, but wasn't sure if the attack+ and store tp+ would outweigh stats/set bonus/increased damage to kicks on af3+2.

This third one was just an idea I had, and am curious about it. You still cap haste, and you gain Double Attack and Triple Attack from pants which would work well with Demonry Ring.

Also:
Should Demonry Ring replace Rajas on any other setup?
Would Juogi be better than af3+2 body on any of these setups? From what i gathered, the body reduces 280 delay -> 275 delay, which is only ~1.75% reduction(if I did that math right). I know double attack has diminishing returns but still wasn't sure. Would the double attack/crit rate be better for when Impetus is down? or would it not be worth losing the attack/str/martial arts?

Sorry about all the questions but I really hope I can get some solid answers because this has been bugging me. :D
[+]
 Siren.Inuyushi
サーバ: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-05-17 11:26:08  
Personally I wouldn't go with Demonry ring over Rajas. Store TP/STR/DEX is just awesome. Atk+7 isn't worth that. The extra Trick Attack dmg on only 2% of your attacks wouldn't be worth it. In abyssea with AoA who knows. Your third setup looks like fun! And no, I would not use Juogi.

I'm not of much help, just wanted to say the third set looks like fun. The returns from DA/TA/QA (supposedly) is linear where as Haste is not linear returns (idk what type of return it is, but they show it as some form of power greater than 1 - quadratic, cubic, etc). Juogi doesn't even win out on ws according to my mnk friend. Only Juogi +1 with Imp. down

GL!

Edit: Also, you don't need to ignore the set effect on 5/5 afv3. It's low but you do get double kicks here and there! And afv3 feet will increase that dmg.
 Odin.Skeero
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-05-17 11:30:58  
Usu feet will never beat af3+2 feet with capped haste, 45dmg kicks really ups your damage over a few acc/att. And af3+2 pants has kick att+7 which is pretty much double att+7 in a way. Top one i know is a "cookie cutter" monk. But it is like that for a reason. Its optimal. And the only body that would be semi acceptable over af3 would be loki's, and only when impetus is down. Looks good though.
By Bimbam 2011-05-17 11:35:16  
Without doing math, if I had your gear...
Would use bottom set, keep the Demonry and use Apoc/A&O/RR for ~30% triple attack (What I use anyway minus the ring/legs). Would be epic.
Using those atmas, I would say Demonry becomes a full-time piece in any set.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-05-17 11:43:43  
How much does it increase Triple Attack damage by? The ring, that is.
 Sylph.Rorrick
サーバ: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-05-18 05:05:25  
I lean towards the first set. Tantra feet will trump Usu feet, so the second set is worse. I honestly don't know how much the Demonry ring increases TA damage by, but something tells me giving up the +45 DMG to kicks, the Kick attacks+5, and the set bonus chance isn't worth it.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-18 06:38:52  
Tantra earring would do more than the atk earring in Abyssea.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-05-18 09:06:27  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Tantra earring would do more than the atk earring in Abyssea.
If all you fight is exp mobs, lol.
[+]
 Siren.Inuyushi
サーバ: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-05-18 11:26:23  
Also, why give up increase TA dmg when you can get DA/TA+3% on Epona's? I wouldn't give that thing up. Increased TA dmg would have to be nice to outdo that for me.
 Titan.Cripnicc
サーバ: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2011-05-18 13:19:16  
I was looking thru my mog safe last night and i noticed i had a pair of Retaliators sitting around was thinking these might be relevant now a days with all the counterstance tanking. What do u think?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-05-18 13:27:25  
Absolutely not