Hachiryu Sune-Ate - Worth It?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Hachiryu Sune-Ate - Worth it?
Hachiryu Sune-Ate - Worth it?
First Page 2
 Shiva.Msthief
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-16 16:18:28  
So I've come to a crossroads. (Usually) every additional piece of gear we add to our sets means less and less down the road and eventually we get to a point where the upgrade just isn't worth the cost. This point is different for everyone - the most common one I've seen for ninjas is upgrading Kannagi to 90. The reason I made a 90 Kannagi wasn't because it was "worth it" - it's because I didn't want the chance of being outdone by a 95 Tobi :). The following are my WS and TP sets so you know where I am.

My TP set switches between ocelot and af+1 depending on accuracy needed, I always use Red Curry (or a lesser attack food depending on the situation), and always have haste.

Now comes the question from the title: What would you pay for hachiryu sune-ate - would you even invest in a pair? All you get out of them is four agi on Hi, that's it. If we ever get outside of abyssea, the 6 dex on Lithe might actually put it over Hachiryu and they're outdone on Ranger now aren't they? Someone is trying to sell Hachiryu for 12mil (started at 15) and even though I've been saving up for a week and a half I'm starting to have second thoughts.

I babble so the question is the title: How much would you pay for hachiryu feet?
 Asura.Xenophire
サーバ: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-05-16 16:22:20  
I personally bought mine for 3m, but, due to all the Kannagi's around and the lack of supply, I see people selling these for 8m+ now. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than 3-4m.

And to answer your thread title: Yes, they're worth it. If you're going to be spending that much time doing a full-blown Empyrean, you need to gear yourself to the utmost and make sure you have optimal gear for what you're devoting your time to.
 Leviathan.Haberym
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Habo
By Leviathan.Haberym 2011-05-16 16:25:05  
Hachi Feet are also the best eva feet, if you have the gil they are worth it.

On another note, you are tping wrong, and you have more then marginal upgrades to both sets.
[+]
 Sylph.Siccmade
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-05-16 16:33:55  
Leviathan.Haberym said:
On another note, you are tping wrong, and you have more then marginal upgrades to both sets.
Going to need you to elaborate on this.
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-16 16:34:05  
Leviathan.Haberym said:

I always find it odd that people start off conversations like an ***, but please continue. My question had to do with WS set only but I added both - so obviously I was subtly asking for improvements on both.

My opinion on possible upgrades, I'd like input if I'm wrong:

Hope torque - Not worth the effort, additional damage is minimal. I really hate to miss the first hit on Hi which seems to happen more often than I'd like it to.

MKD hat - I'd really like to upgrade this, but my summoner gains so much more from it that I've been putting it off.

Atheling vs. Agi - A real question, but I'm a sucker for double attack.

Crudelis vs. Soil/Shadow - Minimal and if I ever get a belt to drop in my lap I'll do some more research and/or testing.

On my TP set - Usukane I guess when I'm using ocelots, I never really got into salvage so that would require a bit of research and a lot of work.
 Fenrir.Shishiza
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Shishiza 2011-05-16 16:34:31  
At this point, I'd just go and kill Tinnin for the Hachiryu sune-ate if you want them, when they were 3mil it was ok, but i've seen prices escalate to 10mil + now, and it's barely worth it for the extra 4 AGI, you're fine with Lithe boots in all honesty.
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-16 16:37:45  
Fenrir.Shishiza said:
At this point, I'd just go and kill Tinnin for the Hachiryu sune-ate if you want them, when they were 3mil it was ok, but i've seen prices escalate to 10mil + now, and it's barely worth it for the extra 4 AGI, you're fine with Lithe boots in all honesty.

I've been farming for a Tinnin pop lately and it's just depressing. You need like 25-30k zeni, can barely make 1k per gameday, not to mention it's the most boring activity ever. I'll maybe get one pop in 3-4 days then have a 10% chance for the drop.

*On this, anyone have experience doing him at 90?
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-05-16 16:39:59  
My weaponskill gear is just like yours except I use shadow belt/neck breeze satchet amd 2 storm rings as far as Hachi feet go I am looking for a pair also but I will not pay more than 4mil if you can score a pair for 4mil or less I'd say buy them +10 AGI is very nice! Make it the last slot you upgrade unless you come across a good deal you can't refuse.
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-05-16 16:40:19  
Did Tinnin at 90 w/ SAMx2 THF WHM BLM BRD, basically just people from the shell who wanted to come.

Extremely easy.
 Fenrir.Shishiza
By Fenrir.Shishiza 2011-05-16 16:40:30  
Shiva.Msthief said:
Fenrir.Shishiza said:

I've been farming for a Tinnin pop lately and it's just depressing. You need like 25-30k zeni, can barely make 1k per gameday, not to mention it's the most boring activity ever. I'll maybe get one pop in 3-4 days then have a 10% chance for the drop.

*On this, anyone have experience doing him at 90?

The whole process aside, it's worth putting time into and you come out 1/3 of a PW popset.
at 75 Tinnin was easy, I believe a blu using eyes on me worked nicely on it aswell.
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-16 16:44:06  
Fenrir.Viperouskaos said:
I use shadow belt/neck breeze satchet amd 2 storm rings as far as Hachi feet go

I have two questions about this. Would a breeze satchet beat Qirmiz (especially since the crit rate was increased) and how does Epona's mathematically stack up to 7 more agi?
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-05-16 16:44:07  
Sylph.Siccmade said:
Leviathan.Haberym said:
I hope you fall off the skateboard and break your knee CAPS!! I don't think anyone asked for you arrogance/TP advise- @as hole the question was about Hachi Boots
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-05-16 16:47:09  
Sylph.Siccmade said:
Leviathan.Haberym said:
I hope you fall off the skateboard and break your knee CAPS!! I don't think anyone asked for you arrogance/TP advise- @as hole the question was about Hachi Boots
What? I think you got something confused... lol.

Also, calm down.
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-16 16:47:57  

It's only arrogance if you're right and I was (kind of) asking for overall improvements. The main Hi thread is nice, but it has people who are all over the place and also it's kind of old. People have had time to fully test their 90 Ninja builds and I'm kind of asking the overall question of "When is enough, enough?".
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-05-16 16:50:34  
Somehow I fell into bizarro world or people just fail at comprehension.

I wasn't the one who said you're TP'n wrong, I was the one who asked how so.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-05-16 16:51:14  
Shiva.Msthief said:

I have two questions about this. Would a breeze satchet beat Qirmiz (especially since the crit rate was increased) and how does Epona's mathematically stack up to 7 more agi?
Blade hi Description: Deals Quadruple damage. Chance of CRITICAL hit varies with TP.
MODIFIER AGI 60% Stats that add base damage to weapon skills or blue magic. So as I am reading amd understanding this the more AGI the better it appears....
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-16 16:58:53  
Shiva.Msthief said:

Blade hi Description: Deals Quadruple damage. Chance of CRITICAL hit varies with TP.
MODIFIER AGI 60% Stats that add base damage to weapon skills or blue magic. So as I am reading amd understanding this the more AGI the better it appears....

Don't you always crit Hi in abyssea? Maybe ever couple of hours I'll not crit one Hi and hit for 1200-1500, but the rest I do and Qirmiz adds a flat 5% damage bonus. From my understanding, using a storm ring over Epona's is going to make your average Hi's better - but you're not going to get that double and triple attack in as often. I'm curious what Epona's adds to the overall average.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2011-05-16 17:23:05  
First thing I would change on your Hi set is Suppa; a +2 AGI earring when there's an extremely cheap +3 AGI option is a bit inexcusable unless you're starving for inventory space (which I can certainly identify with if that's the case). That said, Centaurus should beat Drone if PDIF isn't capped (and is also quite cheap).

On a similar note, Anguinous Belk would beat Crudelis as well if attack isn't capped (Berserk+Curry might accomplish this versus many targets).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-16 17:26:48  
Shiva.Msthief said:
Shiva.Msthief said:

Don't you always crit Hi in abyssea? Maybe ever couple of hours I'll not crit one Hi and hit for 1200-1500, but the rest I do and Qirmiz adds a flat 5% damage bonus. From my understanding, using a storm ring over Epona's is going to make your average Hi's better - but you're not going to get that double and triple attack in as often. I'm curious what Epona's adds to the overall average.
Qirmiz isn't a straight 5% damage bonus because 1) you're not critting on every hit every time and 2) you have preexisting critdmg+ in the form of RR, Kamome, and Loki's Kaftan. 3.45% increase when a hit does crit would be more accurate.

Epona's easily beats a second Stormsoul for average damage.
 Fenrir.Shishiza
By Fenrir.Shishiza 2011-05-16 17:28:52  
Shiva.Msthief said:
Shiva.Msthief said:

Epona's on it's own isn't that good that i'll agree on, but the double attack adds on to other double attack & triple attacks effects from gear & traits, making it much better than and AGI+7 ring.
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-16 17:30:06  
The reason I keep suppa is twofold: I'll usually get an attack round off before my spellcast changes back and as with everyone I'm hurting for inventory. Ah yes anguinous, thank you - berserk and curry seems to do it on every mob except some of the most hardened heroes NM's.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-16 17:31:38  
Fenrir.Shishiza said:
Epona's on it's own isn't that good that i'll agree on, but the double attack adds on to other double attack & triple attacks effects from gear & traits, making it much better than and AGI+7 ring.
Uh... no. DA and TA are less beneficial as you add more, just like increasing WSC. If anything it's best-in-slot despite the significant quantities of DA and TA you'd already be working with.
[+]
 Fenrir.Shishiza
By Fenrir.Shishiza 2011-05-16 17:36:24  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Shishiza said:
Uh... no. DA and TA are less beneficial as you add more, just like increasing WSC. If anything it's best-in-slot despite the significant quantities of DA and TA you'd already be working with.

I give up with this games mechanics lol
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-16 17:44:47  
Although mathematically it's true (think of adding 5 to 130, it means less than adding 5 to 100) - when it comes to double and triple attack I disagree to a point. Adding more DA and TA means less and less, but you also get to a point where you can expect one or the other. I'd say in abyssea if I get a tp return back of 9 I feel cheated. In other words, I come to EXPECT this and items like Epona's have created this. Again, this has nothing to do with math just how I feel while playing the job.

When it comes to crits: Against most mobs I have a crit rate of at least 90% - so although I was wrong about 5% vs. 3.whatever, most hits in a weapon skill will always crit because of the bonus the WS gives you itself.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-16 18:11:12  
Fenrir.Shishiza said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Shishiza said:

I give up with this games mechanics lol

Has nothing to do with this game's mechanics. It has to do with mathematics. In general, the more you increase a value, the less of a percentage increase is added by further increases in that same value.

On topic: Hachi feet have been sold recently on my server for 11-12mil. However, I've been harassed frequently by some individuals for trying to sell them for 10mil. Due to the time and opportunity cost to obtain them, they are easily worth 10mil+.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-05-16 19:23:28  
i have a pair i'm trying to sell for 8m. if your willing to jump to sylph, their all yours.
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-16 19:26:18  
Thank you everyone for your input. I think I'm going to pay no more than 8mil - there are other places to put my money. If it sells before then, I'll buy a roundel for my Whm mule (recently upgraded to Emp +2 body so I'm no longer at potency cap).
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-16 19:27:14  
Fairy.Ghaleon said:
i have a pair i'm trying to sell for 8m. if your willing to jump to sylph, their all yours.

I appreciate the offer, this is the only pair I have seen for weeks so I think they might be rarer over here.
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-16 19:49:45  
Tinnin takes maybe four days to farm if you're hardcore about it, like really hardcore. Then you have to deal with a 10% drop rate. On top of all of this, it's one of the last pieces a Hi build gets for inside of abyssea. On top of all of this +1: Not a lot of pandy wardens are done. So there aren't a lot of linkshells wanting to make money off a random drop. If they aren't selling for 8-10mil then people will eventually sell them for less.
First Page 2