フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis Mob Procs
Dynamis Mob Procs
 Ramuh.Mizuharu
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuharu
By Ramuh.Mizuharu 2011-05-16 15:02:11  
Sylph.Brysky said:
Hope if solo you could reraise and get shadows up before unstaggered. Did it de-pop with rest of mobs?

Nope depopped lol
 Fenrir.Azazael
サーバ: Fenrir
user: azazael
By Fenrir.Azazael 2011-05-16 15:05:34  
All TE statues will check (Impossible to Gauge) where normal statues will not.

As far as what procs and what doesn't or xxx spell always working on mob yyy, I really think people are seeing what they want to see. At this point it really looks like ANY WS/JA/MA can proc. There is no happy little list. There may be something to help narrow it down that we haven't seen, but I think a lot of people are seeing patterns that aren't there or confusing coincidence with fact.
[+]
 Shiva.Uksem
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Uksem 2011-05-16 18:11:52  
Wasnt on the list, but Threnodies and Banishga 2 have triggered.
 Asura.Aravlis
サーバ: Asura
user: Sil
By Asura.Aravlis 2011-05-16 18:21:04  
Apologies if it's already been asked/posted...but do different color procs cause different drops? 1 for currency, 1 for AF, 1 for sellables for example? Or is it just different color stagger for amnesia/silence/terror status effect?
 Bismarck.Aena
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Phoenixe
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-16 18:54:54  
Had job abilities Black Mage: "Enmity Douse" and Dark Knight: "Weapon Bash" in my success post, too, but Summoner: Garuda's "Wind Blade" also works as a magic proc.
 Lakshmi.Dobbykk
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Dobbykk
By Lakshmi.Dobbykk 2011-05-16 21:25:55  
Im sure if you try enough times, anything can proc. Minus anything self enhancing, of course.

Think its pretty simple.
 Phoenix.Fondue
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-05-16 21:26:49  
chain affinity + blu spell count for anything different than normally casting?
 Phoenix.Purpleeyes
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Purpleeyes 2011-05-16 22:25:37  
Considering Mijin can stagger it... I'd bet that anything can with enough tries.
 Bismarck.Aena
user: Phoenixe
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-16 23:00:26  
I think it can be anything, too. With Puppetmaster maneuvers, not sure if everything necessarily needs to target the monster, but I believe so with the exception of maneuvers.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-05-16 23:49:23  
Obviously the melee mobs and the ones that are staggered by JA's are tougher to proc on due to recast and damage and such. The best way I've found to stagger mobs in dynamis in a timely fashion is to simply locate the mage mobs and spam dia on them until it procs. Works every time, sometimes it takes longer than others. This works on bosses too (as long as they are mage type). Enjoy!

P.S. assuming you're using a low damage weapon, you could spam crappy weapon skills until you get procs on the melee mobs as well. JA mobs kinda suck, just try a few, kill them, and move on. You're better off just killing the melees and JA types and focusing on procing the mages though (in terms of efficiency).

I'll also add that AoE spells can proc mage mobs even if they're not the target of the spell. I had dream flower proc quite a few times as well as auroral drape.
 Sylph.Anariodin
サーバ: Sylph
user: anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-05-17 00:02:52  
Bismarck.Helel said:
Obviously the melee mobs and the ones that are staggered by JA's are tougher to proc on due to recast and damage and such. The best way I've found to stagger mobs in dynamis in a timely fashion is to simply locate the mage mobs and spam dia on them until it procs. Works every time, sometimes it takes longer than others. This works on bosses too (as long as they are mage type). Enjoy! P.S. assuming you're using a low damage weapon, you could spam crappy weapon skills until you get procs on the melee mobs as well. JA mobs kinda suck, just try a few, kill them, and move on. You're better off just killing the melees and JA types and focusing on procing the mages though (in terms of efficiency). I'll also add that AoE spells can proc mage mobs even if they're not the target of the spell. I had dream flower proc quite a few times as well as auroral drape.
i would like to disagree, I find that JA mobs are far easier to proc. the war or /war and dnc or /dnc can spam voke and steps pretty often. and shield bash and steal are quiet useful for downtime on voke/steps. Mages are hard to proc IMO, but i do agree that WS mobs are random.
 Sylph.Brysky
user: brysky
By Sylph.Brysky 2011-05-17 00:09:23  
see and i would disagree with you both, i have found it easier to proc via WS then anything else, but that is because i solo mnk/nin so it is all personal opinion, I just spam Final Heaven and will proc a mob easier that way. the VT Hydra DRG, DRK and WAR go down pretty easy in glacier
[+]
 Sylph.Anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-05-17 00:15:48  
Bry i am basing mine off a party w:
PLD/WAR, BLU/DNC, THF/NIN, BLM/RDM, WHM/BLM, RDM/BLM

With that setup, we get a few WS in, but too much DMG and the EP mobs die. where as when we switch to JA proc mobs, the JA usually dont do a whole lot of DMG or skillchain at all. Magic proc is random.
 Sylph.Anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-05-17 06:31:11  
Brysky, how much Currency you normally get per run?
I see people saying solo you can only get about 40/run
 Sylph.Brysky
By Sylph.Brysky 2011-05-17 10:47:34  
Secret.... will talk in game.
By Reikouki 2011-05-17 10:50:55  
Just as an update from me, did Dyn last night with THF, THF, BLM, SCH, WHM, BRD. Two were mules, the BRD and BLM. Got all TEs and began to pull mobs, had poor luck with JA and WS procs so switched to magic, had a much better time. We averaged 2 currency per mob with proc, probably got 3 currency about 30% of the time.

Pulled one NM, didn't get proc, and he dropped a hundred piece. All in all, with letting everything free fall, I got 111 currency, including the hundred piece, didn't check how much the rest of the group got, but we got a good chunk.

We were pretty much just playing around in there to see how it went and it seems like with the right job setup we could easily farm up a lot of currency with just a couple of us.
 Ramuh.Mizuharu
By Ramuh.Mizuharu 2011-05-18 07:39:14  
Well, did a few runs the past few days after my Mijin proc (all with linkshell with people going different jobs each time) on a mission to see what all could proc. Basicly, it's ANY JA (that targets the monster save pet commands((not BST JAs since I don't recall him trying to Charm/Gauge anything)) and ANY WS that the people in party/ally have with current weapons on. And the spells I know I had the Ichi elemental proc along with Ni. So...

JAs that can proc - Provoke, Chi Blast, Enmity Douse, Quick Draw, Steps, Flourishes I, Weapon Bash, Shield Bash, Jump/High Jump/Super Jump(I lol'd hard when that staggered a NM since I was just trying to dodge Hundred Fists)/Spirit Jump/Soul Jump, Eagle Eye Shot, Shadowbind, Modus Veritas, Steal, Mug, Despoil, Mijin Gakure.

WSs that can proc - Varies with what person/party/ally are currently wearing as weapons.

Spells - Any that affect the monster.

Another little thing to note that I noticed while soloing some Xarcbard on NIN(fscking Tekkos never drop...) is that even though you might hit a monster with the right stagger, it won't always stagger. Which either means there's a certain success rate with staggering or that the stagger is changing throughout the fight. Need more testing for that I believe.
 Bismarck.Selka
user: Selka
By Bismarck.Selka 2011-05-18 08:51:40  
Ramuh.Mizuharu said:
Basicly, it's ANY JA (that targets the monster save pet commands((not BST JAs since I don't recall him trying to Charm/Gauge anything)) and ANY WS that the people in party/ally have with current weapons on. And the spells I know I had the Ichi elemental proc along with Ni. So...

JAs that can proc - Provoke, Chi Blast, Enmity Douse, Quick Draw, Steps, Flourishes I, Weapon Bash, Shield Bash, Jump/High Jump/Super Jump(I lol'd hard when that staggered a NM since I was just trying to dodge Hundred Fists)/Spirit Jump/Soul Jump, Eagle Eye Shot, Shadowbind, Modus Veritas, Steal, Mug, Despoil, Mijin Gakure.

WSs that can proc - Varies with what person/party/ally are currently wearing as weapons.

Another little thing to note that I noticed while soloing some Xarcbard on NIN(fscking Tekkos never drop...) is that even though you might hit a monster with the right stagger, it won't always stagger. Which either means there's a certain success rate with staggering or that the stagger is changing throughout the fight. Need more testing for that I believe.
I would disagree with the bold statement. Personally, I have procced with Deploy and various Maneuvers. I can't very well make sense of the maneuvers since they don't target the mob (or even the pet, the macro uses <me>). Also, I've seen String Shredder proc.

Bottom line, spam everything you've got. Don't hold back if the timer is up.
 Ramuh.Mizuharu
By Ramuh.Mizuharu 2011-05-18 09:06:00  
Bismarck.Selka said:
Ramuh.Mizuharu said:
Basicly, it's ANY JA (that targets the monster save pet commands((not BST JAs since I don't recall him trying to Charm/Gauge anything)) and ANY WS that the people in party/ally have with current weapons on. And the spells I know I had the Ichi elemental proc along with Ni. So...

I would disagree with the bold statement. Personally, I have procced with Deploy and various Maneuvers. I can't very well make sense of the maneuvers since they don't target the mob (or even the pet, the macro uses <me>). Also, I've seen String Shredder proc.

Bottom line, spam everything you've got. Don't hold back if the timer is up.

Screenshot(s)? Because that sounds highly unlikely. Maneuvers target yourself. They don't affect the monsters at all until the Maneuver props an attachment. Maneuvers aren't even considered an "attack". And unless you're spamming Deploy after you've already Deploy'd, I'm not seeing that happening. Even then it's unlikely.

If Maneuvers can proc a stagger on a monster in Dynamis, then that'd mean that anything could. From Divine Seal to Tacatical Switch. Not really seeing that...

As for String Shredder procing, maybe that's the trade off for it sucking so hard... Or maybe you misread who staggered the monster?
 Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Pyroelf
By Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf 2011-05-18 10:42:00  
I seen all sorts of things proc randomly, I think it really is safe to say any WS/JA/Spell can, it does seem to cycle through randomly.
 Sylph.Brysky
By Sylph.Brysky 2011-05-18 11:11:28  
Yeah ss please of self tarfing ja procing I have used almost all mnk ja and only one that has proced is chi blast
 Leviathan.Shurtugal
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Shurtugal
By Leviathan.Shurtugal 2011-05-20 04:31:36  
I just proc'd red with Jubaku: Ichi. In sandy on a Vexer.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-05-20 05:04:53  
Did Xarbard, Duo, today, for the hell of it. Popped 4 TE's and started farming. All of my procs were yellow, WS (dancing edge and evisceration) and were on War and Mnk Mobs.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-05-20 05:07:41  
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Did Xarbard, Duo, today, for the hell of it. Popped 4 TE's and started farming. All of my procs were yellow, WS (dancing edge and evisceration) and were on War and Mnk Mobs.
You sure you proc'd WS on a MNK? As mnk has been classified as a JA proc
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-05-20 05:30:05  
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
You sure you proc'd WS on a MNK? As mnk has been classified as a JA proc
yeah, but now that you mentioned it, it could have been Assassin's charge that staggered it.
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-05-20 06:19:45  
Pretty sure Its just a % Chance to proc.

I.E, On a mage, if you spam Dia on it, It'll eventually proc. Done this a few times, I go with a DRG/WHM sometimes, her goal on mages is to proc, she sits back and spams dia, It eventually procs.

Good thing is, The log tells you who procs, So its harder to mistake procs now if you pay attention. (people need to remember that >________<)

So, If you guys know the current TE Theory, It seems after all 5 TE's, you probably have ~25% Chance to proc on the specific actions required based on mob jobs. Personally i have the hardest time on WS procs, because they die to quick, even using Weak WS :X

Further Useless Info, You can proc during a 2hour.

More Further Useless Info, from what i can tell, it has to be a JA That targets the Enemy, duh. Also, Smiting breath can trigger, But It'll trigger when you use the ability, not when the Wyvern Breaths on it, which is odd. That being said, I believe Deploy can proc too most likely, but no maneuvers.

So ending, I'm convinced, when you get all TEs, Its just a %Chance to proc, There is no specific Proc designed for the mob, Just a chance to proc with each correct Actions. Reason i believe this, as stated above, Spamming Dia on a mage will eventually Trigger. I myself have spammed Ele Wheel on a mob and proc'd as well on the second or third go through.
[+]
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Mithraspike 2011-05-22 16:33:49  
Just to mention it. We did today Beaucedine.
After we got all 5 TE's we always only had Red triggers.

The interesting thing was that on Watersday, triggers for Magetype mobs were like always:
stun, thunder2, break, slow/slow2.

Thunder and Earth spells > are strong to Water.

On Windsday we ALWAYS procced with Para,Para2, Blizzard 1 - 5, Bind and so on > Ice is strong to Wind.

Though i guess i also saw a silence proc on windsday so might be: same element as day / strong element to day element will proc !!.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [137 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Technosuke
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Vaquero
By Ragnarok.Technosuke 2011-10-06 04:53:45  
Beastmaster: Feral Howl also works
By deadfire 2011-10-13 11:29:46  
I can comfirm TE have effects on procs. I was only getting red proc in dyna Sandy when we claimed the claimed certain TEs.