The Days Of Pet PDT Build SE Officially Goodbye!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » The days of Pet PDT build SE Officially goodbye!
The days of Pet PDT build SE Officially goodbye!
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
By blowfin 2011-05-19 23:30:23  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
If I recall correctly, wasn't the SMN fix an actual bug? Like DG was active even at 100% HP making the pet invincible ALL the time. SE normally prioritizes bug fixes like that while something like a balance fix for BST they can leave to the usual timing.

That's option B: SE didn't see it as much of a problem back then.
[+]
 Asura.Arkanethered
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-05-19 23:31:45  
brb re-activating cooking mule and complaining about bst pdt on official forums.
[+]
 Sylph.Rorrick
サーバ: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-05-19 23:36:38  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said:

If I recall correctly, wasn't the SMN fix an actual bug? Like DG was active even at 100% HP making the pet invincible ALL the time. SE normally prioritizes bug fixes like that while something like a balance fix for BST they can leave to the usual timing.

As far as I'm aware Ducal Guard is still broken for avatars. They still receive the effect regardless of HP, but I think avatar PDT is capped below 100%.

For all intents and purposes on SMN, you can play the same way you did before they "fixed" it. You'll just end up resummoning your avatar a few more times.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-05-19 23:37:47  
blowfin said:
Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
You changed your quote, you originally said they didn't see it as a problem. Now you're acknowledging that it was a probelm, just not one they felt an immediate need to fix.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-05-19 23:39:22  
Sylph.Rorrick said:
Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
As far as I'm aware Ducal Guard is still broken for avatars. They still receive the effect regardless of HP, but I think avatar PDT is capped below 100%. For all intents and purposes on SMN, you can play the same way you did before they "fixed" it. You'll just end up resummoning your avatar a few more times.
Lol, serious? I haven't touched my smn in months so I can't speak from personal experience. That's pretty bad if they just left it like that and capped PDT, such a hack, lol. Maybe I'll go get DG tonight and see.
By blowfin 2011-05-20 00:06:24  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
blowfin said:
Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
You changed your quote, you originally said they didn't see it as a problem. Now you're acknowledging that it was a probelm, just not one they felt an immediate need to fix.

So you've signed up for the "putting words in my mouth club" too?

I never really saw it as a problem because 100% PDT is just about useless for all practical endeavours.

Also, I was talking about SE, not me. And speculating why they wouldn't have fixed it with the SMN patch.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-05-20 00:11:04  
I guess it should have said "you're acknowledging that they considered it a problem just not one they felt an immediate need to fix." As you can see I used they everywhere else in my post so it was mostly just a, I typed it quickly and didn't bother to recheck my exact wording.

Either way, my original point still stands, my opinion is that they didn't fix it because they had other priorities, not because they didn't consider it a problem.
By Jeubond 2011-05-21 06:38:04  
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Asura.Patriclis said:
Personally i think it's kind of Bull. Im not a BST but the fact is, they cant charm mobs in abyssea which means they need their jug pets to stay alive for 5minutes at a time. This is hindering their ability to always have a pet out. What's a beastmaster without it's beast? it's a dual wielding war without berserk/aggressor... which may as well just not exist.

If you can't survive until call beast is back up at least while killing something please do us the huge favour and QUIT BST :/

Granted my BST is barely in the 20s right now I have no problem charming a pet (little different yes but same principle) and keeping it charmed/alive.

Ahh bless . . .
While what you say is sometimes right outside of Abyssea you will find that once you start solo'ing inside and you are reliant on jug pets, pet-pdt gear, atma's and Reward to keep your pet alive the opposite is very true.
You will find that there are some nm's, that orrible little sod the Tonberry Lieje comes to mind, who without divine help [or a good Blu . . .] can ko you and your pet before your Call Bst/Reward timer can reset.
I've used every pet possible against this nm and each has gone the same way, fried, grilled or burnt within minutes ! lmao
Any Bst ever solo this nm out of interest ?
Good luck Catnip,
Jeubond Fenrir
[+]
 Remora.Dodu
サーバ: Remora
user: Tsuko
By Remora.Dodu 2011-05-21 06:42:00  
Not entirely pertinent to your question, but Lieje is a joke for summoner. Leviathan is virtually immune to every damaging thing he can do.
[+]
By Jeubond 2011-05-21 06:49:51  
Remora.Dodu said:
Not entirely pertinent to your question, but Lieje is a joke for summoner. Leviathan is virtually immune to every damaging thing he can do.

Indeed very pertinent and I thank you for this info, I just happen to know a very nice Smn who'd fit the bill !
I hate that chittering little ****, Aby Kon here we come . . .
Thanks Remora !
Jeubond
 Siren.Kunimatsu
サーバ: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-05-21 07:27:54  
Jeubond said:
Remora.Dodu said:

Indeed very pertinent and I thank you for this info, I just happen to know a very nice Smn who'd fit the bill !
I hate that chittering little ****, Aby Kon here we come . . .
Thanks Remora !
Jeubond

This is how I did it, setting MM/noxious fang/mounted champion, the SMN only needs to use spring water occasionally to keep HP up from its melee attacks/TP moves.
 Cerberus.Bondii
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yoichi
By Cerberus.Bondii 2011-05-21 07:34:33  
I dont see why this is a problem. Ive personally soloed many NMs on BST without DG. This just stops the no skill BSTs IMO.
 Bahamut.Zoltar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-05-22 19:33:37  
90% PDT is no setback at all, still works great
By Erocent 2011-05-23 07:41:15  
I have soloed Tonberry Lieje. Dipper Yuly, Butt load of zetas a few dawn mulsums when reward wasnt up (healing salve I and II for those oh ***moments) 2Pet axes -10% damage, Moogle helm, Ferine Quijotes +2, Beast bazubands, nothing special really. DG/Z/RR atmas. Not really a difficult fight even linked 2 tonberry. I imagine the pet Magic def axes would be wonderful for this fight.
 Siren.Menelaus
サーバ: Siren
user: Menemen
By Siren.Menelaus 2011-05-28 22:45:52  
>Stop playing MMOs if you want to solo.

"Beastmasters are generally considered the best solo job in the game."

>solo job

Oh, okay.
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-06-01 00:58:00  
I'm sorry for the "Slowpoke" but, what's the new PDT cap for pets?
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-06-01 01:33:08  
Pandemonium.Scrumpet said:
It looks like 87.5 like smn avatars
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-06-01 01:36:41  
Ramuh.Yarly said:
Pandemonium.Scrumpet said:
It looks like 87.5 like smn avatars

I wanna test this with my PUP. @@;

Thank you though. :3
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-06-01 07:36:52  
Looks like BST can cap @ 93% now with Onieros Cappa {Back}
 Hades.Warviper
サーバ: Hades
user: Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2011-06-01 07:57:51  
Bahamut.Zoltar said:

Where did you get this from?

Armour shouldnt be able to push the 87.5% Cap if its set as a line for atma and gear all together.
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-01 08:37:26  
Hades.Warviper said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
Where did you get this from? Armour shouldnt be able to push the 87.5% Cap if its set as a line for atma and gear all together.

Dyna sandy some new pop nm.
 Cerberus.Bikpik
user: Bikpik
By Cerberus.Bikpik 2011-06-01 08:45:54  
Not where you get the back, where did you get the information that the cap can go past 87.5%?
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-06-01 08:49:19  
Hades.Warviper said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:

Armour shouldnt be able to push the 87.5% Cap if its set as a line for atma and gear all together.

PDT Axe x2 = 20%
AF3+2 Legs = 8%
Shepherd's Chain = 2%
Oneiros Cappa = 3%
MKE Head = 10%
Atma of the Ducal Guard = 50%
 Cerberus.Bikpik
By Cerberus.Bikpik 2011-06-01 08:51:37  
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
Hades.Warviper said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:

PDT Axe x2 = 20%
AF3+2 Legs = 8%
Shepherd's Chain = 2%
Oneiros Cappa = 3%
MKE Head = 10%
Atma of the Ducal Guard = 50%

Yes that does go to 93%, but anything after 87.5% doesn't count
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-06-01 08:52:40  
I'd like to see numbers to back this up rather then people adding up stuff and just assuming.

inb4 se fixes it again to make it less :x
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-06-01 10:25:43  
When did SE make 87.5 official for pets?

Can't a PLD/MNK make near 100%?
 Cerberus.Bikpik
By Cerberus.Bikpik 2011-06-01 10:32:11  
Bahamut.Zoltar said:

no players can only get 50%,

and that's what this thread is about, that SE made a -% damage taken cap on pets.
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-06-01 10:37:40  
Cerberus.Bikpik said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:

no players can only get 50%,

and that's what this thread is about, that SE made a -% damage taken cap on pets.

I was under the impression that:

Atma pdt cap: 50%
Gear pdt cap: 50%

Since when is there a total pdt cap? Link?
 Cerberus.Bikpik
By Cerberus.Bikpik 2011-06-01 10:47:03  
The testing is in this thread.

the offical update notes are here:
Update notes

Quote:
Pet, Wyvern and Automaton may become invincible under certain circumstances.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-01 10:59:15  
I'm a little confused as to how this "totally kills" pet pdt builds as mentioned in the title by the OP... so if it was like 100 (broken), and is now like 87 or w/e... how is that game breaking? 87% pdt is still pretty absurd...
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13